KANEBO KATE Cheek Color

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
KANEBO KATE Cheek Color
KATE Cheek Color

4.3

Mica,Talc, 2-Ethyhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Methicone, 2 Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Silica, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: CI 77019, CI 77891, 75470, CI 77492/CI 77491/CI 77499

on 8/10/2013 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I wished this came in more variety of colours. I own a pink & orange version. Loooove it! It gives you a lovely natural glow without chunky glitter, the brush is super oooper soft, packaging is compact so it's travel friendly but it's sturdy too. This doesn't have fragrance, which most Japanese cosmetics do..& I love for sensitive skin. I just love it!

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Have been using this blusher since I started wearing make up. I like to go out bare faced - no mascara/liner, just my Dermalogica skin care and this blusher.

the colour looks natural on my asian skin, I have it in RD-1.

the brush is SO SOFT, you would want to keep it for future purposes even after finishing the product! =)

Bought it for around SG$20. (Singapore)

on 4/19/2009 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

So sorry to disagree, I have this in RD-1, the other one, I think its orange (I tossed it aside, its lost). The texture of the powder is excellent, just a tiny tiny hint of glow/shimmer; no sparkles.
Speaking of the RD-1, it is not red, but a dusty rose colour, it occupies only 1/3 of the pan, while 2/3 is the hi-liter, which I have no use at all.

What I am not happy with it is the pigmentation, I like my blush to be highly pigmented that I barely touch the brush & enables me to have a wash of natural colour. It should let the foundation underneath to show thru, thus making the entire look dimensional.
It takes a lot more of this product to show up on my NC 30 skin, as compared to my Mac's Merrily, Peachykeen, Truly Red (discontinued).

on 1/11/2009 10:47:00 PM

Ah curse japanese makeup costing so damn much in australia. i paid i think about 39bucks for this in OR-1. i reallly loveeee the colour. its very very natural and think its more peachy beige than orange. i like the packaging though i can see how some people might think its tacky. i love the entire two colour concept though the pan is too small to use each colour seperately so i just dab my blush brush over the entire pan. the brush it comes with is surprisingly decent. its like a mini kabuki brush and is so soft and sweeps the blush on nicely. the blush itself is quite pigmented and not overly sparkly. it gives a really nice natural look. id definately buy it again and maybe in the red colour.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Omg. This is hg for me! It's so much more affordable than those high ends product that I often purchase. PLus, this gives me a more natural look. I have this in OR-1. It's just the perfect peachy orange colour that I've been looking for ever since ZA discontinued their blush! :) Will be buying their pink shade in PK-1.. very soon!

on 4/6/2007 2:35:00 AM

Ive been stuck on this blush ever since I purchased it a few summers ago in Japan. Ever since, if Im not able to go to Japan myself, I find some other way to get it. It comes with a cute cute handy brush and the color is perfect - it isnt too heavy or dark. I also have sensitive skin, but this product has been wonderful to me.

***This review contains pictures of the product, please click continued to view the formatted version incl. pic(s)***

Kate is a Japanese drugstore brand by Kanebo only available in some Asian countries. They have a lot of great products, some of them being HGs for me (e.g. the liquid foundation, super sharp liner - which is the most excellent liner ever, some fantastic eyeshadow palettes etc.). Their cheek color is definitely worth being checked out, too!

Kate Cheek Color comes in the typical small black and clear cheap looking Kate compact. For some reason I like the way they look like but some might find it ugly.

There is a brush in the case that's surprisingly soft and usable (I use it for touch-ups or on travel). It's round, not flat like the standard brushes that come in blush compacts.

The texture of the blush is nice... quite finely milled with soft pearl sheen. There is no glitter so it's a great daytime blush.

Pigmentation is decent. All blushes show up well on my very pale NW15 skin. I am not sure how they would perform on darker skintones though. If you search for a highly pigmented strong color blush this might not be what you are looking for

Each blush actually has 2 colors in 1 pan but I just swipe my blush brush over the whole pan. It's just too small to try picking up the individual colors and after all both colors are the same, 1 is just a bit deeper than the other. You could try sculpting your cheeks with this blush but I am not sure how well this works

Each compact retails for about US$10 RRP (I got them however discounted for like US$8 or so) which is a good price for a nice product.

I didn't have any problems with this blush, no irritations or breakouts.

Currently there are 4 colors available, another brown blush was available but it wasn't pretty so i skipped it and it's d/c now anyway

PK-1: Pretty soft pink, for a healthy blushed look

OR-1: This is a nice not-too-bright orange shade that even I as a PPP/NW15 can wear!

RD-1: This is the newest color just released for fall 2006. It's a gorgeous peachy rose shade with a hint of mauve. Hard to describe the color. Please check the pic below

WT-1: This is actually a shimmery white highlighter. I love this because of the soft glow it gives.

As mentioned above i am a cool toned PPP/NW15 with brown eyes