KANEBO KATE Cheek Color

KANEBO KATE Cheek Color
KATE Cheek Color

4.3

Mica,Talc, 2-Ethyhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Methicone, 2 Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Silica, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: CI 77019, CI 77891, 75470, CI 77492/CI 77491/CI 77499

***This review contains pictures of the product, please click continued to view the formatted version incl. pic(s)***

Kate is a Japanese drugstore brand by Kanebo only available in some Asian countries. They have a lot of great products, some of them being HGs for me (e.g. the liquid foundation, super sharp liner - which is the most excellent liner ever, some fantastic eyeshadow palettes etc.). Their cheek color is definitely worth being checked out, too!

Kate Cheek Color comes in the typical small black and clear cheap looking Kate compact. For some reason I like the way they look like but some might find it ugly.

There is a brush in the case that's surprisingly soft and usable (I use it for touch-ups or on travel). It's round, not flat like the standard brushes that come in blush compacts.

The texture of the blush is nice... quite finely milled with soft pearl sheen. There is no glitter so it's a great daytime blush.

Pigmentation is decent. All blushes show up well on my very pale NW15 skin. I am not sure how they would perform on darker skintones though. If you search for a highly pigmented strong color blush this might not be what you are looking for

Each blush actually has 2 colors in 1 pan but I just swipe my blush brush over the whole pan. It's just too small to try picking up the individual colors and after all both colors are the same, 1 is just a bit deeper than the other. You could try sculpting your cheeks with this blush but I am not sure how well this works

Each compact retails for about US$10 RRP (I got them however discounted for like US$8 or so) which is a good price for a nice product.

I didn't have any problems with this blush, no irritations or breakouts.

Currently there are 4 colors available, another brown blush was available but it wasn't pretty so i skipped it and it's d/c now anyway

PK-1: Pretty soft pink, for a healthy blushed look

OR-1: This is a nice not-too-bright orange shade that even I as a PPP/NW15 can wear!

RD-1: This is the newest color just released for fall 2006. It's a gorgeous peachy rose shade with a hint of mauve. Hard to describe the color. Please check the pic below

WT-1: This is actually a shimmery white highlighter. I love this because of the soft glow it gives.

As mentioned above i am a cool toned PPP/NW15 with brown eyes

Top row: PK-1, OR-1

Bottom row: RD-1, WT-1

continued >>

on 4/6/2007 2:35:00 AM

Ive been stuck on this blush ever since I purchased it a few summers ago in Japan. Ever since, if Im not able to go to Japan myself, I find some other way to get it. It comes with a cute cute handy brush and the color is perfect - it isnt too heavy or dark. I also have sensitive skin, but this product has been wonderful to me.

i've recently purchased this blush in PK-1, and i have to say, i'm very pleased with it! PK-1 is a very light pink that gives a healthy, just-blushed look, and it has very fine, minimal shimmer and no glitter. it's perfect as a daytime blush. the quality of the blush is similar to my shu uemura glow-on, which costs more than $20, and this kate blush is only about $10! and it comes with this very cute round brush that's the perfect size for traveling. and the brush is surprisingly soft! i love it and plan on purchasing different shades too. i took one lippie off for the case of the blush -- it's the usual KATE black plastic case that well, looks cheap. i know KATE is a cheap budget brand and all, but it'd be nice if they took some time and put in more effort on the case designs...

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this in OR-1. has v v subtle shimmers. very sweet and light orangey colour. even people like me who can't wear pure orange colour can wear this! i need to wear orangey tones with more reddish or pinkish hue or peachy tones, but not orange colour on it's own

it gives a healthy glow and definitely will go well with the nude-makeup look. :D

and for the brush, oh my god, it's so soft!!! totally loving it!

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Omg. This is hg for me! It's so much more affordable than those high ends product that I often purchase. PLus, this gives me a more natural look. I have this in OR-1. It's just the perfect peachy orange colour that I've been looking for ever since ZA discontinued their blush! :) Will be buying their pink shade in PK-1.. very soon!

on 7/1/2008 3:42:00 AM

I have this in RD-1. It gives a soft, natural glow,without the shimmer that lots of cheaper Japanese blusher give.

The cute,soft,rounded brush is easy to use and helps to give a natural glow on my cheek. I prefer this than those flat,small brushes that usually comes with blusher compact.

on 1/11/2009 10:47:00 PM

Ah curse japanese makeup costing so damn much in australia. i paid i think about 39bucks for this in OR-1. i reallly loveeee the colour. its very very natural and think its more peachy beige than orange. i like the packaging though i can see how some people might think its tacky. i love the entire two colour concept though the pan is too small to use each colour seperately so i just dab my blush brush over the entire pan. the brush it comes with is surprisingly decent. its like a mini kabuki brush and is so soft and sweeps the blush on nicely. the blush itself is quite pigmented and not overly sparkly. it gives a really nice natural look. id definately buy it again and maybe in the red colour.

on 3/26/2009 7:55:00 AM

I am really in a state of shock: how such cheap blush can be so silky and nice and have such soft and perfect brush??
The packaging is pretty too. It's simple and neat, and also very compact and light, so its easy to carry in your purse.
Before I always used blush by Chanel, which has a very rude brush if compare with this one!
I would defenetely buy this product again! Japanese cosmetics is my addiction (because it's good and so cheap)!!!
PS: I have it in OR-1, but wanna purchase in other shadows as well.

on 4/19/2009 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

So sorry to disagree, I have this in RD-1, the other one, I think its orange (I tossed it aside, its lost). The texture of the powder is excellent, just a tiny tiny hint of glow/shimmer; no sparkles.
Speaking of the RD-1, it is not red, but a dusty rose colour, it occupies only 1/3 of the pan, while 2/3 is the hi-liter, which I have no use at all.

What I am not happy with it is the pigmentation, I like my blush to be highly pigmented that I barely touch the brush & enables me to have a wash of natural colour. It should let the foundation underneath to show thru, thus making the entire look dimensional.
It takes a lot more of this product to show up on my NC 30 skin, as compared to my Mac's Merrily, Peachykeen, Truly Red (discontinued).

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got mine in OR-1, and am loving it for the peachy-apricot effect on my medium Asian skintone (MAC NW20). I am not a big fan of glitter so the very light shimmer in the highlighting pan is just perfect for me. Maybe because I am light-handed when it comes to makeup, so the blusher doesn't show up after about 5hours after I step out of the house. But while it lasts, the shade is very natural and I definitely appreciate the super-fine texture of the powder.

Popular Blush Products