Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao

3.0

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

got this second hand halfway used because I was tempted by cocoa and I wouldn't buy it new for more because I never tried it in person.
I like that the scent lingers for a long time and there IS cocoa in it definately but it is SO SWEET that its almost nauseating.
like hot cocoa with 5 spoons of sugar. I never put sugar in my cocoa.
I am glad I paid only $10 for it because it will be up for grabs again. I just can't stomach all the sweetness, maybe for someone under 25 but not for me.
giving it 3 only for lasting power and because I can smell it on myself which isn't often the case, in fact I'd give it around 2.8 if that was possible, I also like the industrial packaging.
scent alone would be less than 2/5

on 2/23/2005 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I'm giving this a two since it's not actually offensive to me, but I see no point in smelling like a Jell-O pudding pop. I was hoping for a more complex, sophisticated chocolate fragrance.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This Scent is AWESOME! It's wonderful! I love it as much as mark. Hollywood Pink and Aquolina's Pink Sugar. My gripe and reason why I would not purchase this (I got a sample from Sephora) is the OUTRAGEOUS PRICE! I remember a long time ago when Bath & Body Works came along, they had a scent/fragrance line that came in these brush aluminum bottles and the scents were to die for as they were along the lines of Comptoir's. I really miss those and would love to have those back. The fragrance of this one is delicious. UPDATE: One hour later, this fragrance is magical! Magical because it DISAPPEARED! TOTAL RIP OFF!

on 3/29/2003 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

My husband got me a bottle of this one last night. I wanted a chocolate fragrance, it was a toss up between the amour de cacao and Fresh's fleurs de chocolat. This one won out in his opinion.

I definately get the "cocoa puffs" description, but it's pleasant. I don't generally go in for foody fragrances, but this one isn't cloyingly sweet, just like cocoa powder or hot chocolate.

I really wanted a drier darker sharper chocolate fragrance, but no such luck.

He loves it, I like it, so I'll hang onto it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

One of the better CSP vanilla fragrances, but still not great. I love the chocolate and orange notes but this then dries down to the signature CSP vanilla--that cotton-candy overly sweet smell.