Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao

3.4

on 12/11/2011 11:53:00 AM

This perfume is delicious! The opening smells like the chocolate outside of an Oreo cookie. Within a few minutes, it begins to dry down a bit and at that point, it smells more like the whole Oreo, with the creamy white middle. Truly, it smells as though I have taken the outside of a few Oreo cookies, crumbled them up and rubbed it on my skin. Amour De Cacao is really so simple and honest. Three parts dry, dark chocolate. Two parts milky vanilla. There is the tiniest whisper of something a wee-bit peppery. Is this the Carambola, (Star Fruit)?

This perfume is exactly what it claims to be- Love of Chocolate. It isn't challenging or complicated, but it is fun, wearable and interesting! And for something so seemingly sweet and foody, Amour De Cacao is not at all cloying, syrupy, heavy or juvenile. I enjoy many of CSP's perfumes and also find that they are versatile. They wear well alone or layered. For a richer, even sweeter treat, I have layered Amour with Vanille Coco or Vanille Extreme. To add some warmth and sweetness to Aloha Tiare, I have layered with this or Vanille Coco. The latter works especially well with Aloha, in keeping with the "beachy/floral/tropical" vibe.

Amour De Cacao is pleasant, complimentary and good for my mood. No doubt, it has satisfied more than a few urgent cravings for chocolate.

on 5/22/2010 1:26:00 PM

What a waste of money?! The bottle was leaking though the packaging was new. And there is no staying power! Literally! Half an hour and the smell is gone! Just true disappointment! And lets not mention the price you pay for that metal tin!

From CSP website: "The intense note of cocoa bean mellowed by star fruit and vanilla pod, enlivened on top by a cheerful orange zest."

Amour de Cacao smells like dark chocolate and orange zest. It's rich and goes a bit too sweet on my skin, but a lovely fragrance nonetheless. Good lasting power!

on 12/20/2008 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm soo disappointed on this fragrance!!=( I was expecting it to be something absolutely yummy and to die for since other CSP scents are just like that, divine and heavenly and out of this world. I absolutely love sweet, yummy foody-candy like fragrances and other CSP ones are, but this one isn't at all. It's the worst chocolate fragrance I've ever smelled. It doesn't smell sweet or yummy, it smells bitter, like dark bitter chocolate with a weird sour annoying note or like stale burnt brownies with a sour note. Not sweet or yummy or sexy, not good. No hints of vanilla at all unlike in many other chocolate fragrances. Maybe it smells way too much like the real deal, I love yummy foody fragrances and yes, chocolate fragrances, if done well, are yummy and nice, but they just can't smell completely like food does (like burnt stale brownies in this case, or like chocolate bread)... they have to be a little "manipulated" to be wearable and smell good and sexy, with touches of vanilla and other lovely things, otherwise you can just rub stale brownies all over yourself and you'll smell the same, and honestly, smelling exactly like stale brownies or chocolate bread, and I mean exactly like it, is not a good thing!! There's something off smelling about this scent too with the sour note...

on 12/20/2008 12:10:00 AM

This fragrance kind of reminds me of those low-fat chocolate wafer cookies. It's nice but I prefer more complex chocolate scents like Aquolina Chocolovers. I bought Amour de Cacao on clearance at my local drugstore and don't feel it is worth its full retail price.

on 12/19/2008 3:33:00 PM

To me it smells like recently baked chocolate cookies + a strong (and delicious) vanilla base. It is not a sophisticated fragrance, with expensive dark chocolate notes, but it is very pleasant.
It fades after about 3 hours.
I┤ve recently bought it, it┤s summer now - gourmands are not my faves for this season, but I┤m sure I┤ll like it even more when autumn arrives.

on 11/28/2008 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love sweet scents, anything gourmand but not overbearingly strong. This is one of my favorites. Its chocolatey, kind of like the cereal coco puffs but a tad deeper and darker. The scent dries down uniformally, no notes have changed to smell stronger that when you first spray it on. It does fade somewhat but never disappears. Its also not overwhelming after 2 spritzs so you dont have to worry about offending anyone. Most people will ask if they smell cookies, brownies or something yummy; I see that as a compliment because I do love comforting sweet scents without musk. This scent is not all musky which I love; I hate my vanillas or sweet scents coming off as musky. I also dont consider this scent as coming off as artificial, though it is very foody like but not too sweet or sugary. What makes it less artificial or too sweet is that there are deep dark coco notes that bring it down. If you are a fan of sweet scents this is definitely one to try.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Quite a letdown. I was expecting a richer, fuller-bodied cocoa, replete with the tinge of inherent bitterness. Is it just my neophyte of a nose or does Amour de Cacao smell no different from Serendipitous? I'm better off sticking to my Origins Cocoa Therapy Instant Chocolate Fix. It's a fraction the price of the CSP and smells truer and far yummier. I was looking forward to Godiva and got Hershey's instead. No love lost between me and this Amour.

I am a huge CSP lover. I use this in the winter--it seems to me to be a little too heavy in the summer (but maybe that's just me). Like the previous reviewer, although I detect more chocolate in this (hence the "Cacao" in the name), many people think I'm wearing some type of vanilla fragrance. It is a very rich fragrance; as is the case with any of the CSP fragrances that I use, if I am standing in line in a store or on an elevator, I almost always hear people saying, "Do you smell that? It smells like cookies/waffle cones/ice cream/snickerdoodles...." When I admit that it's me, I am always asked what the name of the fragrance is--and then I proceed to butcher the name (my franšais leaves something to be desired....) Anyway, I do enjoy this fragrance very much. Highly recommended.

on 5/10/2008 11:05:00 AM

I get the most compliments wearing this. I think it makes me smell like cocoa pebbles, but I constantly get asked what the vanilla scent I'm wearing is. It lasts a long time, esp. on clothing. I don't like the fact that it has no cap. It's just an exposed spray bottle. And I think they charge too much for it (but I got it in a swap, anyway!) This is the only gourmond scent I have, and I use it often!