Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love vanilla-chocolate scent, actially I love anything "edible" on my skin. I bought this from an approved retailer and still think I've been cheated. It has asolutely no lasting power, 30 seconds at most, and while the scent was on its way from bottle to skin, I could smell something similar to a stale cocoa diet cracker. After this..nothing. I had to quickly spray myself with Montale Chocolate greedy to realign self:)

on 10/26/2009 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Mmmmmmm Amour de Cacao! I was going to write that this smells like Cocoa Puffs in milk before reading the other reviews. Well, I read them and I concur! But it's wonderful...just wonderful for a gourmand lover. This is not heavy or dark chocolate, it's not rich. It's light and airy with vanilla. It is gorgeous. I wore it today for the first time and receive instant compliments. LOVE IT!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is such a different fragrance, smells exactly like Cocoa Puffs doused in milk. I wouldn't say it's a true chocolate smell, I can pick up a little vanilla which gives the scent an airiness. Luckily this is not a "strong" or cloying scent, very light. Not sure I'd buy again, because the foodiness is a little overboard, but I will keep in my fragrance collection. Update: Today at my job, this male co-worker sort of blurted out "Holy Crap you smell so good" and he even apologized later for the comment. This scent is something you can barely detect after a few hours, but trust me others will!

on 11/9/2008 7:30:00 PM

I love food scents, especially chocolate. Unfortunately, this is very strong, overwhelming and cloying for me. Even in very tiny amounts, it makes me nauseous and headachey.

I found a much more enjoyable chocolate scent for myself that smells like a truer chocolate with a hint of spices and citrus, from Matusushima, Chocolate Mat.

It's also reasonably priced, and the bottle's very cool!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Once again, I find myself in the minority. This fragrance is just over the top. There is no way I could stand myself, or anyone else for that matter, wearing this all day. Ugh.

The packaging is average at best - for the price, you'd expect more than an aluminium-y bottle that looks like it might contain a deodorant. But the scent works so well with my body chemsity that I completely forgive the company for their neglctful branding. I know previous reviewers have mentioned thatit doesn't have much lasting power, but on me, a few spritzes of the scent in the morning last me throughout the day, to the extent that when I shower at the end of the day, the water htting my skin raises a cloud of ravishing scent. It's a gorgeous rich gourmand chocolate smell that doen't smell synthetic at all - a difficult feat. I've had actualy chocolate that didn't smell as good as this! It's definitely a foody smell, sweet and uncomplicated. It can be too sweet for some but it works on my skin and I've gotten regular compliments since I've started wearing it. It's a fairly linear scent though, so if you're looking for something more complicated or sophisticated, this probably isn't for you.It's also a tad on the expensive side given how simple the scent is, but it's my default comfort scent, epsecially in winter, and it just makes me smell so delicious that I need to have a bottle on hand all the time.

Yes, this perfume smells like orange cocoa puffs upon the initial application. However, it morphs into this wonderful, marshmallow, cocoa scent. Very rich and yummy. I highly recommend this fragrance if you like chocolate/gourmand scents..just give it a few minutes to develop:)

I love this fragrance! It just melts on my skin the way chocolate truffles melt in my mouth. It's fabulously delicious and very much reminds me of the way Nutella smells from the jar. The original hazelnut spread with a chocolaty taste by Ferrero. Makes me feel like a kid at a carnival. EDIT 11-27-06: this is more as an aside but I had to comment: This fragrance lasts and lasts. It's funny, I felt compelled to reapply a million times through the day, but the whole room smelled like me. This is not one of those scents makes your skin smell intensely of the fragrance you applied, but literally the whole room will smell it.

on 10/27/2006 6:43:00 PM

My first review! OK I don't own Amour de Cacao but I want to. Anytime I pass a Sephora and I have the time, I walk in, spray this on me and leave. Well, usually actually what I do is I spray Amour de Cacao, and then I spray Vanille Extreme on top of it. Then I leave. This is how I came to love this fragrance. One day when I had free time, I went to Sephora and took about 30 little card-sticks and sprayed each of them with a fragrance in the store. I wrote the names of the fragrance on the stick-part. Then I went home and gave myself a fragrance test. I smelled them all without looking at the names. Of course I had to take a lot of breaks to air out my nose. Let's just say I wasn't dating much at that time in my life. Yes, this is what I did with my Sat. nite. But I did have lots of fun. Finally I got it down to my top 5. And then to my #1. And it turned out to be Amour de Cacao. At that time Vanille Extreme did not exist, so I would spray a different Vanille on top of the ...Cacao. But now I spray this one. BTW, the others in my top 5 turned out to be three more from Comptoir (Vanille Abricot, Vanille Coco (coconut, not cocoa) and Lait Sucre (Sugar Milk). The fifth one was from another line, and the fragrance was called Sex on the Beach (I'm not sure if it was the original or the orange version).

Either my body chemistry has changed during the last year or two or Amour de Cacao has. I used to love this because of the way the dark choclate melted on my skin in a very cool way. Now it is more like a nougat and not half as cool and wearable as I remembered. And there is somethin milky in it I did not detect before. I feel like the bar of black chocolat I fetched out of the fridge has turned into a half melted milkchocolate-with-nuts-bar. Such a pity.
The reason may be that I changed my nutrition very thoroughly which may have affected my skin chemistry. Or did they indeed manipulate the formula. So if you liked this once and plan to repurchase - test the actual stuff first.
As it once was the most beautiful and wearable choclate scent I ever tried, I cannot bring myself to take more than one lippie of. Definately worth a try. By the way - I recommend a try of "Piment Brulant" by Artisan Parfumeur as well. Chilli and chocolate - with more emphasis on the very true chilli.
Update: Now it even seems a little sour on my skin. Such a pity.