Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao

on 2/19/2008 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!! That's the fragrance that springs to mind when I spray Amour de Cacao. It really does smell precisely like Cocoa Puffs (Cocoa Pebbles, Cocoa Krispies - substitute any of these as necessary). Unfortunately, I don't share the sentiment! It is not a bad scent, but I suppose I like my chocolates darker, and in my mouth - not my nose! The chocolate notes in Amour de Cacao are light and definitely of the milk chocolate variety. There is a hefty dose of vanilla here as well, which I think improves this scent but not enough to make it really interesting to me. It's inoffensive, but not exciting. I have been wearing it to bed, but should probably swap it or just give it away.

I picked up a relatively travel spray of this at Sephora. I'm glad I don't have MORE of it! The aluminum bottle is a PLUS to me in a functional sense. I think the opaque material serves very well to protect the scent from light. I do think Comptoir Sud Pacifique could do a better job making the bottle look prettier though.

All in all, not good for me. However, if you're looking for a light milk chocolate scent with vanilla, this might be for you. HTH someone! continued >>

on 4/29/2005 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS!!! I got the 3/4 oz from Sephora and I'm so addicted I ordered the full size. Mouthwatering chocolate is what I smell and I can't stop sniffing. Much better than the Vanille Abricot (although that one is nice too). Would buy again and again.

on 7/23/2004 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Amour de Cacao is heaven in a bottle. With strong, true notes of chocolate, orange, and vanilla that blend together to create the most sinfully delicious chocolatey fragrance available, it's one of those scents that is both fun and grown up at the same time. There are a few scents from CSP that are lovely but very youthful in nature, among them the popular Vanille Abricot. That's one I love but couldn't wear to a function. Amour de Cacao, however, is universal enough that I feel comfortable wearing it to anything. I love it in the cooler months, when suddenly it becomes much more than just a simple, sweet chocolate fragrance - it's a comfort that just envelopes my senses completely. A definite favorite - if they discontinue this, it would be a crime.

on 6/4/2001 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

CSP's fragrances are the best -- they stay true on my skin and don't change like some other brands do. Amour de Cacao is a chocolate lover's dream! Very warm and sexy!!