Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao

3.6

i don't get the sophisticated dark chocolate + bitter orange.. on me, it smells like cocoa puffs, with maybe a faint hint of orange at the start. it didn't even develop from something darker into cocoa puffs. just straight-on cocoa puffs with milk! sweet and boring. it's nice enough (definitely not unpleasant.. i haven't found a person who hates this smell) but it smells exactly like serendipitous (which is cheaper). i won't repurchase because it's too expensive. if i ever wish to smell like cocoa puffs again, i'll just buy serendipitous instead.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! What in the heck??? I can NOT believe people like this. Sorry but it smells EXACTLY like a can of sweetened condensed milk left out on a hot day that has spilled between the wooden cracks of a porch and dripped into dusty dirt. Never have I smelled something of this price that is so horrid. I bought it based off reviews thinking that because I liked pink sugar I would like this. Absolutely not. If you think Pink sugar is too sweet......stay far far far away from this. I do not get chocolate out of this, other than the residual smell you get from an empty plastic bag of 99 cent imitation chocolate from the dollar store.

Yes, this perfume smells like orange cocoa puffs upon the initial application. However, it morphs into this wonderful, marshmallow, cocoa scent. Very rich and yummy. I highly recommend this fragrance if you like chocolate/gourmand scents..just give it a few minutes to develop:)

Somewhat sweet, but has the chocolate "oomph" that I crave.

It smelled like stale chocolate cereal with powdered orange drink mix and a handful of graham cracker crumbs thrown in for fun. I tried to love it, as I own and enjoy Serendipitous and a decant of Pilar and Lucy's EFOs, but I could not find the magic so many others have found with this perfume. I am even terribly fond of the contentious Pink Sugar, but I can't fall in love with Amour de Cacao.

I sprayed it on one morning and actually got nauseated by the smell and had to run and scrub it off. It just smells stale and fake to me, and I doubt I'll ever come to like it.

mmmmmmmmmm!!! this scent is my indulgence~i savor it for the fall and cold weather,it is so rich and creamy and looooooooong lasting,you can't beat quality and comptoir is worth every penny! i adore smelling like a candy store!

My body chemistry seems to have changed within the past year. A lot of my old favorites are beginning to smell awkward on me, and a lot of scents that I wanted to like but didn't work for me, are now working wonderfully on my skin. Amour de Cacao is one the ones that is now just the way I want it to be on me! Soft, smooth, silky chocolate.. yes, just like Cocoa Puffs.. and I can even detect a slight milky-ness to it, which is deeeelicious. I spritzed a bit on my hand during my lunch break visit to Sephora, and I'm so enjoying the whiffs. I mixed it with Burberry Brit (Brit on inside of wrist, AdC on outside of wrist), and it's a good sillage combo! :) It's $49 at Sephora for 1.6 oz., but you can find it much cheaper online.

Yummy. I'd have difficulty choosing between this and Serendipity. AdC is Coco Puffs eaten straight out of the box while Serendipity is the coco milk at the bottom that you drink when no one is looking. It's creamier, like a milk chocolate. AdC has a bit more of an edge to it. I would consider both chocolate scents to be must-haves for any chocolate scent lover.

on 12/14/2005 1:56:00 PM

I work at a store that sells this scent (won't say which, but it's a real no-brainer) -- anyways, I always introduce this as a "sexy chocolate" because that's exactly what it is. A great winter perfume as some have said, and the flavor is definately addictive. Men do like it.... but the way to a man's heart is thru his stomach we all know. An aquired taste but good!

on 9/16/2005 10:48:00 PM

A slightly off chocolate smell, with a hint of smoke/tobacco. I'm not a fan of chocolate perfumes so I will never wear this, but I think it's still one of the better fragrances of its kind out there. It's not sickly sweet the way some etailer scents can be (AZW oils, for example) or the much-beloved Serendipitous is. Like most CSP scents, this is pretty good, but ultimately it's terribly overpriced and overrated.

Popular Fragrances