Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao

Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao

3.3

on 5/28/2013 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not a fan of Comptoir Sud Pacifique's packaging. I think the metal bottles are actually quite ugly, and I've had issues with them leaking when I've purchased full sizes. I'll never purchase a full size of Amour de Cacao, though, as the sample is disappointing enough. The scent is sooo weak, only lasting about five minutes on my skin. Seriously, five minutes tops. I get a faint whiff of weak cocoa and something like wafers. It reminds me of Milano cookies with the chocolate in the middle, but very weak and watered down. And then it's gone. Cocoa, vanilla, orange and starfruit sounds like it would be amazing, but this is just a whiff of weak chocolate wafer and then nothing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

got this second hand halfway used because I was tempted by cocoa and I wouldn't buy it new for more because I never tried it in person.
I like that the scent lingers for a long time and there IS cocoa in it definately but it is SO SWEET that its almost nauseating.
like hot cocoa with 5 spoons of sugar. I never put sugar in my cocoa.
I am glad I paid only $10 for it because it will be up for grabs again. I just can't stomach all the sweetness, maybe for someone under 25 but not for me.
giving it 3 only for lasting power and because I can smell it on myself which isn't often the case, in fact I'd give it around 2.8 if that was possible, I also like the industrial packaging.
scent alone would be less than 2/5

on 6/13/2012 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a huge sucker for gourmand fragrances, and this one is great!

This to me, is a beautiful creamy, custardy type chocolate scent. I don't get coco puffs, or any fake kind of chocolate, but more so a chocolatey vanilla.

I wouldn't wear this on its own, I feel like it needs to be combined/layered with something else. Something floral or citrusy... call me crazy but for a while, my signature scent was Victorias Secret Beauty Rush Appletini, layered with Beauty Rush Vanilla, layered with Victoria Secret So in Love Body Spray. It was a crazy combination but it worked so well for me. I feel like I will be keeping Amour de Cacao around just for that added sweetness.

on 5/22/2010 1:26:00 PM

What a waste of money?! The bottle was leaking though the packaging was new. And there is no staying power! Literally! Half an hour and the smell is gone! Just true disappointment! And lets not mention the price you pay for that metal tin!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Cuckoo for Coco Puffs! LOL for once I completely concur with the other reviewers.

Pros: ..
- A foody gourmand heavier on the chocolate than some fragrances. Very comforting also because it does smell liek cocoa puffs and chocolately breakfast pastries.
- Pretty long lasting on my skin though not as wella s some of the other CSP's. Much better lasting than my true chocolate favorite, Serendiptious.
- Stays true to its own scent.

Cons:
- PRICE! like all the CSP's VERY expensive unless you buy it online. Iwas fortunate enough to trade for it.
- Very linear. Most of the CSP's are pretty basic and true to the scent they are emulating, but this one more than most. Never changes and though I like it, kinda boring to smell like milk soaked chocolate puffs all day. I'd prefer more depth to it.
-Packaging annoys me as usual-impossible to tell how much is left in the can. But its sturdy.

Overall I like it but dont LOVE it.

From CSP website: "The intense note of cocoa bean mellowed by star fruit and vanilla pod, enlivened on top by a cheerful orange zest."

Amour de Cacao smells like dark chocolate and orange zest. It's rich and goes a bit too sweet on my skin, but a lovely fragrance nonetheless. Good lasting power!

on 12/20/2008 12:10:00 AM

This fragrance kind of reminds me of those low-fat chocolate wafer cookies. It's nice but I prefer more complex chocolate scents like Aquolina Chocolovers. I bought Amour de Cacao on clearance at my local drugstore and don't feel it is worth its full retail price.

on 12/19/2008 3:33:00 PM

To me it smells like recently baked chocolate cookies + a strong (and delicious) vanilla base. It is not a sophisticated fragrance, with expensive dark chocolate notes, but it is very pleasant.
It fades after about 3 hours.
Ive recently bought it, its summer now - gourmands are not my faves for this season, but Im sure Ill like it even more when autumn arrives.

on 11/28/2008 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love sweet scents, anything gourmand but not overbearingly strong. This is one of my favorites. Its chocolatey, kind of like the cereal coco puffs but a tad deeper and darker. The scent dries down uniformally, no notes have changed to smell stronger that when you first spray it on. It does fade somewhat but never disappears. Its also not overwhelming after 2 spritzs so you dont have to worry about offending anyone. Most people will ask if they smell cookies, brownies or something yummy; I see that as a compliment because I do love comforting sweet scents without musk. This scent is not all musky which I love; I hate my vanillas or sweet scents coming off as musky. I also dont consider this scent as coming off as artificial, though it is very foody like but not too sweet or sugary. What makes it less artificial or too sweet is that there are deep dark coco notes that bring it down. If you are a fan of sweet scents this is definitely one to try.

on 2/25/2008 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I wanted to like this fragrance - it starts off with yummy orange zest and a burst of chocolate - but the drydown smells like spoiled chocolate milk on me. Blech. I wear Chocolovers instead.

Popular Fragrances