Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

3.3

on 6/28/2010 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

When i use this mascara, i usually do a double coat. i have short lashes, and this mascara doesn't plump them up enough on its own. i have the blue one, and it really does lengthen them. you can tell its blue in the light, and it's subtle in normal light. this is a really fun product to have, and it lasts a very long time. I looove this.

FYI I also use almay thickening mascara with this. they both work really well together if anyone has short lashes and wants to get some VA-VA-VOOM volume. seriously.

on 8/13/2009 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This worked wonders on my short, sparse Asian lashes. I got a sample of this and was surprised that my lashes were instantly thickened and lengthened after only 1 coat. Usually I need build several coats just to get the results of 1 coat of the Unlimited mascara.

This brush is actually able to pick up my sparse lashes and coat each strand, unlike mascaras with bigger brushes such as Benefit BadGal and Too Faced Lash Injection. I used the curved part of the brush to build volume and coat my lashes, and then flip it over to use the flap side to define the lashes.

I like this much better than my trusty L'oreal Voluminous because not only does it give me thick, full, fluttery lashes but it also does not smudge like the Voluminous. It stays put all day which I love. Towards the end of the evening, it does flake off but I don't mind because the staying power is still fairly good.

I'm surprised that others found that this did not give them the dramatic results that I found. This works wonders on short barely there lashes.

The only problem I can forsee with this is that it seems to dry out fast. I only have a sample and I can already see that after 3 uses, the formula is beginning to dry which can be expensive to replace at $31 CAD a pop. Nonetheless, I'm really happy with the results and I like it more than the DS brands.

on 1/1/2009 5:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This mascara is no better than any drugstore brand. It really did nothing for me. It looks alright, but I expected more than just "alright"-looking lashes from a high-end mascara. After a few hours of wear, this stuff gets into your eye creases and smudges. Not worth the cost. I will not repurchase. BIG disappointment!

on 9/20/2008 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this mascara (as well as Black out and the Original to compare) and this does a very decent job to lengthen and curl my lashes. Not as curled as I want them to be...but the best so far in my search. The first coat made my lashes natural and fluttery, and I think two coats is the max for this formula. I like that the brush is much smaller than both Diorshow,Diorshow Iconic, Diorshow Black out and other mascaras. Not my HG, but hopefully they don't discontinue this mascara!

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

When I first purchased this, I was in love with it because it was so clump free and elongated my short, thin Asian lashes. It holds a curl so well too. The wand is also small and coats my small inner lash hairs easily. I fell out of love because only three weeks or so later, the formula started changing drastically. It started clumping up, drying up, and applying unevenly. I know it's normal for mascaras to go bad within that time period but for the hefty price, I expected better. I've had drugstore mascaras that did not dry up as fast and lasted way longer. I've also noticed that this lacks staying power on my lower lashline. I don't always apply mascara to that area but when I did with this, I would always get panda eyes on the outer corners area of my eyes later on. I would not repurchase this again..there are drugstore mascaras that are way cheaper and better quality. I am giving it two points for the great curling power.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It seemed to work great at first, but a month into it, I didn't feel like it gave enough oomph to my lashes. Then it got pretty clumpy.
On the plus side, it doesn't smudge unless I RUB my eyes.

But, I'll be looking for something that'll make my lashes even longer