Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

3.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this in Azur Blue, as my Too Faced Lash Injection blue mascara is just about in the grave. I seem to like Dior's colored mascaras much better. It is a bright blue, and if worn alone, extremely obvious (not that I mind). I actually put a layer of black mascara on first, and then apply this to the tips of my top and bottom lashes. It makes my green eyes look brighter and much more awake, and the whites look whiter. It is expensive for a neon blue mascara, but I do like it. My lashes are already very long, thick, and curled, but it does make an obvious lengthening as well.

Flaky! Not very buildable. With lengthening mascaras, I prefer to use two coats for added volume, but this product does not really allow that. It will make your lashes cling together rather than separate as lengthening mascaras should. And it looks a little clumpy. Would not repurchase. Don't just go with the first recommendation the Sephora SA tells you.

on 2/12/2010 2:59:00 PM

There is absolutely nothing special about this. Doesn't lengthen as much as lash blast or my favorite, hourglass. Basically, its an overhyped product. It's ok and just ok. Doesn't smudge or transfer for 8 hours +. Doesn't clump but not much length and no volume at all.

on 12/8/2009 4:22:00 PM

This is my favourite mascara at the moment. I like the fact that the brush is not made of rubber and it's small enough so that I don't mess up my lids with it. It is easy to build up the volume and avoid clumping.

on 8/12/2009 1:21:00 AM

I had today iconic on one eye and unlimited on the other. They are almost the same ...unlimited gives a little tiny bit less length.

on 6/7/2009 3:05:00 PM

Great everyday mascara- I use brown. It holds a curl nicely. Doesn't clump. The brush seems like it gets clogged with product, but I've found that even with that, I never end up with a bunch of it on my lashes. The biggest downside is the price. It is SO expensive. I want to try out other daytime worthy mascaras before I buy this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Dior's DiorShow mascaras, IMO do live up to the hype. Unlimited is my absolute favourite. I stuck with the regular DiorShow for a while, switched over to Blackout, before [accidentally!] ending up with Unlimited.

I used the original 5X/week [school] for 2 years before my eyelashes seemed to get bored, and the effect wasn't as good. Also, I found the brush for both the Original and Blackout too big and bulky. Unlimited has a nice, thin brush that is alot more controllable after an all-nighter, getting ready for school before coffee when I'm not all that alert. I'm not bopping myself in the eye. When applying mascara to the bottom lashline, I don't brush up against the side of my nose with the brush.

I have long lashes, that are quite straight, and I suffer from the dreaded blonde lashes. Unlimited - moreso than Blackout & the original, IMO - curls well. I do get it in black, and it doesn't flake [which was a problem I've had with Lancome and why I switched over to Dior.] I don't notice the fragrance people mentioned earlier - either to say "Smells rank!" or "Yummy." It's not as dramatic as the original or Blackout, which makes it perfect for everyday.

I don't find it dries out any quicker than any other mascara I have. It is pricey, though, when you're replacing it every 3-5 months. So, if you're looking for a nice mascara and are willing to spend a little extra, or this is one of your only beauty extravagances, it's definately worth it.

on 12/4/2008 11:25:00 PM

I have purchased this twice but no more. Diorshow Unlimited is an average mascara at best.
Pros: It does a good job of lengthening and thickening and I also really, really like the brush.
Cons: The biggest drawback to this mascara is that it melts and I end up with 'raccoon eyes' at the end of the day; and if you shed a tear or put in eye drops then forget it your mascara will be all over your cheeks. Also this mascara tends to get clumpy in the tube after only a couple of months. I prefer Estee Lauder volumizing mascara (I forget the exact name but it is awesome) or Sephora's Atomic, both are cheaper and stay put much better than Diorshow.

on 4/23/2008 1:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This mascara was the biggest disappointment of my lifetime love affair with high end beauty products. We can forgive some products because they may not have performed well with our skin tone or skin type. But mascara has certain boundaries of being a perfect product or not. This brand is very expensive and it continuosly clumps on my lashes and smears allover my upper and lower lashes. I have used certain drugstore brands like Loreal that were far superior and cost only a third of the Dior. I even used it conjunctively with my expensive Shiseido mascara base and the Dior still performed poorly. I am extremely disappointed and I have given it time, I've been using it for almost a year. The only reason I still continue to use it is because my too sweet boyfriend buys it for me because he thinks I like it. Do not buy! Stick to anything else but this.

on 2/4/2008 4:57:00 PM

I have possibly the sparsest, shortest lashes in existence, and am constantly trying out new mascaras. I bought this one on a whim and have to say I was rather disappointed for the price. On one hand, it does an excellent job lengthening my lashes with minimal clumping. On the other hand, it runs and smudges far too easily for my taste - all it took was a little tearing to create black smudges all around my eyes. It IS a decent mascara, but there are better ones out there for the price.