Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

Filtered by hair type : Other
Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

3.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Not a fan of the original DiorShow - found it very clumpy and goopy. My lashes stuck togest and gave me that "spider lash" look. The wand was way too thick.
I'm reluctant to say this is my HG mascara (as I always continue my search for a perfect mascara), but this is FANTASTIC for daytime wear. No, it doesn't do much in the way of volumizing for me, but with a curler used before hand (sometimes I skip this step), this mascara is fabulous for lengthening and curling. It beats Chanel's Extracils,Shiseido's Curling Mascara and Armani's Starlash hands down. No smudging after an eight hour day (and my eyes tend to tear on a frequent basis). If you're looking for dramatic lashes, I would suggest the original DiorShow (just be prepared to comb and recomb) or Lancome's Fatale (which requires a lot of work, but really gives your lashes quite a bit of "oomph"). This is not as wet of a formula as Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes but the pigment is just as good (the packaging just isn't as cute). I would prefer a glossier mascara, but if it means no racoon eyes, I'll take it! I think I've tried every high and low end mascara out there, so please email me if you want me to know how this compares to the usual suspects: Clinique Glossy, all the Chanel, Prescriptives,Kanebo and Shiseido mascaras, BB, Chantecaille, Darphin, Clarins, Kevyn Aucoin,Pout, Blinc, Fresh Supernova, Bourjois, Stila, Anna Sui and Sisley. I have also tried most drugstore brands. DiorShow Unlimited is a keeper (for now)!

EDIT: After several weeks of use, I have only now realized that this is a fiber mascara, and these just don't agree with me. Too much product comes out of the tube, and I end up scraping it off the side. No, I don't pump the wand, as a mascara whore, I know better! If you like fiber mascaras, then this is fine. I'll stick w/ Guerlain Divinora for daytime, which lengthens and seperates just like the Dior product, but doesn't tug on my lashes (like a fiber mascara doeas). I also found that the DiorShow became significantly drier after several weeks. Overall, not a bad mascara at all, but it just doesn't work for me.

on 1/28/2007 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lengthens and seperates beautifully and I love the consistency(not too thick). Does not curl my lashes, though, I have to use an eyelash curler with this. Packaging is gorgeous. I will buy this again.

on 3/7/2007 12:28:00 PM

This is an OK mascara, but not worth the price in my opinion. I usually use YSL Faux Cils, but I decided to try Unlimited because I thought it would be nice to have another mascara for length, curl, and separation (YSL is volumizing). It didn't do any of these things any better than FC, and it didn't volumize much at all (though it doesn't claim to volumize, so I can't knock it for that!). I do like it better that the original Diorshow. It's a nice basic mascara, but it doesn't stand out from the pack. I'll stick to YSL.

I bought this mascara when it first came out, and at first I really disliked it because I found that it tended to clump, and the formula was a bit watery for me. However, it works great as a topcoat over original Diorshow. Using both together really makes my lashes look thick, long, and very dark.

I received this mascara as a sample and was very pleased with the results. It doesn't flake and adds great length. It reminds me a lot of Lancome defencils mascara.

Well my lashes are pretty short and straight,and I got this as a gift so I tried it. Well I use an eyelash curler first and then I put it on. It's tricky to work the brush at first since it has a curved side and a flat side so it'll take a while. Sometimes It leaves my lashes clumpy but I normally comb them out. I found out you have to curl your lashes (optional) then use the flat side first to lengthen them a bit,then the curled side after. If you have oily eyelids you may have to re-apply. If you have long eyelashes but want to thicken them,or if you just want thick lashes with little length,this mascara is for you,but If you want length+thickness,I'd suggest skipping it.

EDIT: I really hate this mascara. It gives my lashes no length. I also think it's too wet so that may be why It brings down my lashes. Evereyone's lashes are different so It may work for you. Will not repurchase again.

on 3/7/2008 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I got this when I went to buy the original Diorshow after hearing loads of good things about it. I ended up buying that one instead because the MA said the Unlimited version was the best for length. If this is true, then the original one must be really pitiful. I have used much cheaper mascaras that are way better than this. It adds a bit of length, but nothing spectacular, and really doesn't do anything in terms of volume. If you want a good lengthening mascara that really makes a difference, go for YSL effet faux cils, which is a thousand times better.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I normally never spend more that ten bucks on a mascara, but I think after this I may be sold on on Dior's Unlimited Mascara

I was urged to try this mascara by a friend. Talk about giving a girl "out to there" lashes, this gave me doe eye long OMG long lashes. My daughter thought I had put of "fakes" when I told her it was Dior she was impressed at 24$ this will be one small splurge I will be very happy to shell out for.

Only giving it 4 for a rating for I have yet to see if it makes it thru one full day of work. Will update this on Monday Evening.

UPDATE: I am sold on this mascara not one under eye smear, and lashes look just as good as they did this morning the curl is still there.

on 4/13/2008 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm really not impressed by this mascara. I wasn't really in the market for new mascara, but a lovely swapper sent me this as an extra, so I was excited to try it out after hearing all of the hype. And, that's exactly what it was...just hype.

The first thing I noticed was that after I curled my lashes, the second I put this mascara on the curl was gone. I have naturally long lashes (people have mistaken them for fake on occasion) and this made my lashes just stick straight out. ALL curl was gone.

I also noticed that it adds absolutely NO volume to the lashes. Sure, it made them look long, but it also made them look skinny. No thickness at ALL. I applied -3- coats, and all I accomplished was my lashes sticking to each other, but no added volume.

The price of this mascara is what you pay simply for having something that says Dior on it. The Lancome mascaras I've used are a million times better, not to mention that my current mascara L'Oreal Original Voluminous ($7 at drug stores) makes my lashes look FABULOUS. Save your money, this stuff isn't worth it.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ok...this mascara is great for lenghening.....my lashes are so short I need a magnifying lens to find them....and this makes my lashes actually look kinda long. The bad (isn't there always a bad?).....the tube is quite small and the mascara is quite messy.

However, I will deal with small and messy in order to have lashes....