Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

3.1

on 12/7/2009 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried tons of mascaras and am always looking for something new. I decided to try this one after finishing off my Besame 1930s gingerbread mascara - which I liked, but gave me raccoon eyes after a few hours of wear. The Diorshow Unlimited isn't waterproof, but it doesn't seem to give raccoon eyes, and removal is a breeze. I never curl my lashes, and after only 1 coat I'm left with long, thick lashes that look like I'm wearing falsies. This mascara also seems to provide some curl. So far I have not had any issues with flaking, which is usually a problem for me. I can see how this might become clumpy quickly, but so far so good. Overall I am happy with this mascara and will repurchase. Edited 12/18: Unfortunately I've developed an allergic reaction to this mascara and had to stop using it. I have never had this reaction to any other mascara in my life, but apparently (after doing some reading online) it is fairly common with DiorShow. Severe itching around my lash line and extremely red, swollen lids. Not sure what ingredient is causing it. Even after stopping use of the mascara, it took several days to clear up.

on 4/10/2009 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was very disappointed, this one was very hard to apply and was very clumpy

on 12/14/2008 12:27:00 PM

This mascara is just alright. Nothing special. Does pretty much what any drugstore mascara can do in my opinion. Its not like its a bad mascara, jsut not worth the money, thats all. But is you have money to spend and you want to try it, why not?

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ok...this mascara is great for lenghening.....my lashes are so short I need a magnifying lens to find them....and this makes my lashes actually look kinda long. The bad (isn't there always a bad?).....the tube is quite small and the mascara is quite messy.

However, I will deal with small and messy in order to have lashes....

on 4/13/2008 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm really not impressed by this mascara. I wasn't really in the market for new mascara, but a lovely swapper sent me this as an extra, so I was excited to try it out after hearing all of the hype. And, that's exactly what it was...just hype.

The first thing I noticed was that after I curled my lashes, the second I put this mascara on the curl was gone. I have naturally long lashes (people have mistaken them for fake on occasion) and this made my lashes just stick straight out. ALL curl was gone.

I also noticed that it adds absolutely NO volume to the lashes. Sure, it made them look long, but it also made them look skinny. No thickness at ALL. I applied -3- coats, and all I accomplished was my lashes sticking to each other, but no added volume.

The price of this mascara is what you pay simply for having something that says Dior on it. The Lancome mascaras I've used are a million times better, not to mention that my current mascara L'Oreal Original Voluminous ($7 at drug stores) makes my lashes look FABULOUS. Save your money, this stuff isn't worth it.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Yes is my hew HG. It's great for anyone who finds the Diorshow black-out (the one with the big brush) too high-maintenance. This brush is smaller, but still provides excellent thickening, lengthening and curl.

I totally love it!

on 4/3/2007 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have used DiorShow and loved it; I have no clue why Dior made this product. The brush is not full like DiorShow, it is more like a comb and weirdly angled so it's hard to coat the lashes (especially the lower lashes). As another reviewer said, when i first got it I found it to be runny and thin, but in less than two weeks it got thick and clumpy and gummy. It may be my spring allergies, but I feel that this mascara irritates my eyes/contacts more than others. The tube is very narrow and doesn't hold a ton of product and each time I pull out the brush I have a goopy clump at the tip or within the bristles. I bought DiorShow because the salesperson at Sephora said it would give me the look of false lashes. It sorta did the trick, but this product does not. I do agree, it works great as a topcoat over other products, but I don't like the idea of paying this much for a topcoat product; something this expensive should be able to accomplish everything.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had been using regular DiorShow mascara, and really was not very happy with it. I have sparse med. brown lashes, and was having a lot of trouble controlling the large brush. When I explained my problem, the Dior SA recommended the Unlimited. Wow! What a difference. I love the mascara and the brush. The mascara doesn't flake, extends and curls my lashes beautifully, and washes out with my regular face cleanser. The brush is larger on one side, and smaller on the other...perfect for controlling. I got this in black, and will definitely repurchase.

on 10/2/2006 8:30:00 PM

Started out beautiful, then got smudgier and smudgier as it got older. I refuse to throw it out because of the price, but it was nothing special.