Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

3.6

on 4/13/2008 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm really not impressed by this mascara. I wasn't really in the market for new mascara, but a lovely swapper sent me this as an extra, so I was excited to try it out after hearing all of the hype. And, that's exactly what it was...just hype.

The first thing I noticed was that after I curled my lashes, the second I put this mascara on the curl was gone. I have naturally long lashes (people have mistaken them for fake on occasion) and this made my lashes just stick straight out. ALL curl was gone.

I also noticed that it adds absolutely NO volume to the lashes. Sure, it made them look long, but it also made them look skinny. No thickness at ALL. I applied -3- coats, and all I accomplished was my lashes sticking to each other, but no added volume.

The price of this mascara is what you pay simply for having something that says Dior on it. The Lancome mascaras I've used are a million times better, not to mention that my current mascara L'Oreal Original Voluminous ($7 at drug stores) makes my lashes look FABULOUS. Save your money, this stuff isn't worth it.

on 3/22/2007 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is my first and last Dior mascara. Bought it cause the tax free shop had run out of YSL Faux Cils which i wanted to try. while the first visual effect is kinda all right, the mascara smudges easily, clumps, doesn't seperate lashes well.. all the problems i never had with Lancome Hypnose. Wouldn't recommend this to anybody. The only way I can make this look better is paired with Shiseido mascara base.

on 11/30/2006 8:43:00 PM

I love Diorshow so I had high hopes for this. It smudged worse than anything I have ever used and I am a mascara addict so I have used alot of them! It was a good 1/2 inch or more under my eyes by afternoon. I gave it another try to make sure it wasn't the humidity or anything and it did it again. Very disappointing for the cost.

on 3/7/2007 12:28:00 PM

This is an OK mascara, but not worth the price in my opinion. I usually use YSL Faux Cils, but I decided to try Unlimited because I thought it would be nice to have another mascara for length, curl, and separation (YSL is volumizing). It didn't do any of these things any better than FC, and it didn't volumize much at all (though it doesn't claim to volumize, so I can't knock it for that!). I do like it better that the original Diorshow. It's a nice basic mascara, but it doesn't stand out from the pack. I'll stick to YSL.

I received this mascara as a sample and was very pleased with the results. It doesn't flake and adds great length. It reminds me a lot of Lancome defencils mascara.

I bought this mascara when it first came out, and at first I really disliked it because I found that it tended to clump, and the formula was a bit watery for me. However, it works great as a topcoat over original Diorshow. Using both together really makes my lashes look thick, long, and very dark.

on 4/11/2010 3:33:00 PM

This little indulgence makes me feel pretty. It defines well and gives incredible length without irritating my eyes. Like diorshow, it smudges a little by the end of the workday. But seriously, it holds a curl extremely well and makes my eyes feel "finished." Definite repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ok...this mascara is great for lenghening.....my lashes are so short I need a magnifying lens to find them....and this makes my lashes actually look kinda long. The bad (isn't there always a bad?).....the tube is quite small and the mascara is quite messy.

However, I will deal with small and messy in order to have lashes....

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I normally never spend more that ten bucks on a mascara, but I think after this I may be sold on on Dior's Unlimited Mascara

I was urged to try this mascara by a friend. Talk about giving a girl "out to there" lashes, this gave me doe eye long OMG long lashes. My daughter thought I had put of "fakes" when I told her it was Dior she was impressed at 24$ this will be one small splurge I will be very happy to shell out for.

Only giving it 4 for a rating for I have yet to see if it makes it thru one full day of work. Will update this on Monday Evening.

UPDATE: I am sold on this mascara not one under eye smear, and lashes look just as good as they did this morning the curl is still there.