Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

3.5

on 12/7/2009 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried tons of mascaras and am always looking for something new. I decided to try this one after finishing off my Besame 1930s gingerbread mascara - which I liked, but gave me raccoon eyes after a few hours of wear. The Diorshow Unlimited isn't waterproof, but it doesn't seem to give raccoon eyes, and removal is a breeze. I never curl my lashes, and after only 1 coat I'm left with long, thick lashes that look like I'm wearing falsies. This mascara also seems to provide some curl. So far I have not had any issues with flaking, which is usually a problem for me. I can see how this might become clumpy quickly, but so far so good. Overall I am happy with this mascara and will repurchase. Edited 12/18: Unfortunately I've developed an allergic reaction to this mascara and had to stop using it. I have never had this reaction to any other mascara in my life, but apparently (after doing some reading online) it is fairly common with DiorShow. Severe itching around my lash line and extremely red, swollen lids. Not sure what ingredient is causing it. Even after stopping use of the mascara, it took several days to clear up.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Waste of money. Two coats and it clumps like no other

on 8/18/2008 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I saw this on my cousin and it looked amazing! But when I bought mines, it's just too liquidy for me. I have weird looking eyelashes, so this mascara makes it clump like crazy. But some actually make my lashes look more fuller, longer, and it doesn't clump at all. It takes a lot to be one of my favorite mascaras and this just didn't cut it.

on 7/16/2008 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

YUK! This is awful and way too expensive for something I hate. DONT waste your money. It wont hold a curl at all and it flakes like crazy. I expected a lot more from Dior. This is such a bummer for me.
Its going back to sephora this week.

I tried this mascara for the first time today...and it is TERRIBLE. it does lengthen my lashes...but it doesn't thicken or hold a curl AT ALL. don't buy this...not even shiseido's mascara base can fix this shit

on 4/23/2008 1:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This mascara was the biggest disappointment of my lifetime love affair with high end beauty products. We can forgive some products because they may not have performed well with our skin tone or skin type. But mascara has certain boundaries of being a perfect product or not. This brand is very expensive and it continuosly clumps on my lashes and smears allover my upper and lower lashes. I have used certain drugstore brands like Loreal that were far superior and cost only a third of the Dior. I even used it conjunctively with my expensive Shiseido mascara base and the Dior still performed poorly. I am extremely disappointed and I have given it time, I've been using it for almost a year. The only reason I still continue to use it is because my too sweet boyfriend buys it for me because he thinks I like it. Do not buy! Stick to anything else but this.

on 3/27/2008 11:57:00 PM

This mascara has a funky wand that is straight on one side and curved on the other making it awkward to use. It takes about 5-6 coats to get enough mascara on your lashes to make a difference, it takes FOREVER to dry and gets all over my lids and brow, it doesn't add the length that I am used to with my Lancome mascaras, AND a few hours later it crumbles off only to start the process all over again. The drug store mascara that I used in 6th grade was better than this. I am taking this back as soon as possible.

on 1/6/2008 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

PROS: darkens my lashes just a bit, so it doesn't look fake, but makes me eyes look a little brighter and a little more "awake"...good for a daytime mascara when you really don't feel like wearing anything else.

CONS: Too many to list. Yes, my eyes look a little nicer with it on, but for 23 bucks this stuff should make my short, straight, hideous lashes into something spectacular. It does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for volume or length. It FLAKES like nothing else, and it takes a long time to dry, so if I curl my lashes before, then put this on, it rubs off on top of my eyelid/brow bone area. not cool. It's so easy to come off i look like a panda at the end of the day, and when I wash my face it all just goes to one HUGE clump under my eyes so I look like a football player with black paint under my eyes.

I LOATHE this mascara with a passion. I'm POed because the SA was SUPPOSED to put DiorShow in my bag (she was helping me with new foundations and I asked her about Diorshow and she put THIS in). Well STUPID me didn't check until I got home (BAD..very bad!) and I thought 'oh well maybe I'll like it anyway'. Yeah...I don't think so. WRONG!

I think it took this stupid slap in the face for me to realize that NO mascara is worth spending a ton of money on. To my drugstore mascaras, I'm sorry I cheated on you---will you take me back? PLEASE?!

on 1/2/2008 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used the original DiorShow mascara when it first came out and loved it. Went back and got the DiorShow Unlimited, and it clumps like CRAZY. Maybe it's because it's a fresh tube and the tube leaves too much product on the brush, but I have to spend a while combing out my lashes after I apply. In fact, it clumps so much that I have a hard time getting a second coat on, so it's pretty difficult to observe its effects with just one coat.

It also has a tendency to rub off in my undereye area even when I only apply to upper lashes. Maybe it'll be better when it dries out a little.

Was really excited to purchase this after all of the hype. Didn't love it at all. Found the brush to be too big and the mascara to be dry.