Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

3.5

I saw this mascara at Sephora on Wednesday. I wasn't in the market for a mascara (just bought Shu's Precise Volume a couple weeks ago), but this was released with the new Dior fall stuff, so I thought I would check it out. I am such a mascara junkie and have literally tried any mascara I can get my hands on.

It comes in a tube similar to the regular DiorShow (ie. round black plastic with silver lettering, and a silver top), except this tube is superskinny, unlike the superfat regular DiorShow. It is also the same price (about $23USD).

It doesn't volumize as much as the DiorShow (I know that some people complain about DS being clumpy), so the formula is not as thick. The brush looks like the one from Revlon Luxurious Lengths, where one side is flat, and the other is curved. It's pretty ingenious because I think you're supposed to be able to add volume with the flat side and then really lengthen with the curved side. *shrugs* Who knows?

What I do know is that it works really well! In one coat, it plumped up my lashes and added length to them. In two coats, I had really pretty lashes, all fluffy -- and there definitely was lengthening. And, it actually held my Shu curler-induced curl, and there was no flaking at all.

Long story short, if you found the regular DS a bit too thick for you, or the brush too hard to maneuver, check this one out! I will update if this mascara starts underperforming!

P.S. This blows Chanel Extracils right out of the water! continued >>

on 8/15/2006 7:14:00 AM

I have worn this mascara for over a week now and have to say I am pretty impressed. I did not care for the regular DiorShow..i find it abit gloppy, clumpy and even flakey at times. I have always been a fan of Lancome Mascara's and tend to prefer defintion in mascara as opposed to volume or length. I bought Dior Show unlimited in chestnut and it is great at defining, lengthening an ultimately its greatest asset is the way it curls my lashes! I have long, medium, naturally curly strawberry blonde lashes..when i first used this I looked in the mirror and though my lashes looked oddly shorter for some reason, then i looked closely and realized that it was becasue my lashes had curled so much with this mascara on! Those of you looking for definition and curl, this is a great mascara..I am sure it will hold a curl from a curler considering it curled my curly lashes even more.

on 10/22/2006 11:51:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Diorshow is my HG mascara, so when I heard about DS Unlimited I was excited to try it out. I picked it up at Sephora and was happy to see that it was a smaller tube than the original Diorshow. The biggest complaint I have about Diorshow is that the tube always dries out before I get to finish it. Anyway, I really like the brush design of Unlimited...it really does lengthen and curl, and normally my lashes don't curl, no matter the amount of curling I do! I got very good separation of each lash. The volume isn't as great as Diorshow, so I think Unlimited will be my daytime mascara and Diorshow will stay as my night one.

on 5/8/2010 2:09:00 AM

This mascara is nothing special... I think Maybelline lash stilletto does a way better job at a fraction of the price.
The mascara lengthens and curls fine and two coats is fine, ie wont clump and gives long length. However, more than 2 coats and it will be CLUMPS galore... :) I much prefer my ls

on 8/13/2009 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This worked wonders on my short, sparse Asian lashes. I got a sample of this and was surprised that my lashes were instantly thickened and lengthened after only 1 coat. Usually I need build several coats just to get the results of 1 coat of the Unlimited mascara.

This brush is actually able to pick up my sparse lashes and coat each strand, unlike mascaras with bigger brushes such as Benefit BadGal and Too Faced Lash Injection. I used the curved part of the brush to build volume and coat my lashes, and then flip it over to use the flap side to define the lashes.

I like this much better than my trusty L'oreal Voluminous because not only does it give me thick, full, fluttery lashes but it also does not smudge like the Voluminous. It stays put all day which I love. Towards the end of the evening, it does flake off but I don't mind because the staying power is still fairly good.

I'm surprised that others found that this did not give them the dramatic results that I found. This works wonders on short barely there lashes.

The only problem I can forsee with this is that it seems to dry out fast. I only have a sample and I can already see that after 3 uses, the formula is beginning to dry which can be expensive to replace at $31 CAD a pop. Nonetheless, I'm really happy with the results and I like it more than the DS brands.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

When I first purchased this, I was in love with it because it was so clump free and elongated my short, thin Asian lashes. It holds a curl so well too. The wand is also small and coats my small inner lash hairs easily. I fell out of love because only three weeks or so later, the formula started changing drastically. It started clumping up, drying up, and applying unevenly. I know it's normal for mascaras to go bad within that time period but for the hefty price, I expected better. I've had drugstore mascaras that did not dry up as fast and lasted way longer. I've also noticed that this lacks staying power on my lower lashline. I don't always apply mascara to that area but when I did with this, I would always get panda eyes on the outer corners area of my eyes later on. I would not repurchase this again..there are drugstore mascaras that are way cheaper and better quality. I am giving it two points for the great curling power.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I liked the mascara, Great length and Volume, but only after a month of using it, it became dryish and sticky in the brush and tube., the brush is now losing its shape. but awesome at first.

on 7/30/2007 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Okay, I finally bit the bullet and tried a DiorShow mascara. I actually like this mascara and will sacrifice my frugality to purchase it again. This mascara is designed for girls like me. I have long, naturally curly lashes and I've found that sometimes they are too curly (imagine that). I use the wand on this mascara to get all to all my lashes and "fan them outward". I've found the formulation to be pretty good. I have oily skin and I haven't found it to be flaky or smudgy. The black is black enough for me. I also find that proper application does not cause clumps. I have nice feathery lashes that are perfect for everyday wear. To amp to the look, I sometimes make DiorShow Waterproof as my top coat. Marvelous! The price is a little outrageous on thought -- but it's a splurge I'm ready to commit to. :)

Was really excited to purchase this after all of the hype. Didn't love it at all. Found the brush to be too big and the mascara to be dry.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had been using regular DiorShow mascara, and really was not very happy with it. I have sparse med. brown lashes, and was having a lot of trouble controlling the large brush. When I explained my problem, the Dior SA recommended the Unlimited. Wow! What a difference. I love the mascara and the brush. The mascara doesn't flake, extends and curls my lashes beautifully, and washes out with my regular face cleanser. The brush is larger on one side, and smaller on the other...perfect for controlling. I got this in black, and will definitely repurchase.