Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

3.5

I saw this mascara at Sephora on Wednesday. I wasn't in the market for a mascara (just bought Shu's Precise Volume a couple weeks ago), but this was released with the new Dior fall stuff, so I thought I would check it out. I am such a mascara junkie and have literally tried any mascara I can get my hands on.

It comes in a tube similar to the regular DiorShow (ie. round black plastic with silver lettering, and a silver top), except this tube is superskinny, unlike the superfat regular DiorShow. It is also the same price (about $23USD).

It doesn't volumize as much as the DiorShow (I know that some people complain about DS being clumpy), so the formula is not as thick. The brush looks like the one from Revlon Luxurious Lengths, where one side is flat, and the other is curved. It's pretty ingenious because I think you're supposed to be able to add volume with the flat side and then really lengthen with the curved side. *shrugs* Who knows?

What I do know is that it works really well! In one coat, it plumped up my lashes and added length to them. In two coats, I had really pretty lashes, all fluffy -- and there definitely was lengthening. And, it actually held my Shu curler-induced curl, and there was no flaking at all.

Long story short, if you found the regular DS a bit too thick for you, or the brush too hard to maneuver, check this one out! I will update if this mascara starts underperforming!

P.S. This blows Chanel Extracils right out of the water! continued >>

on 8/5/2006 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have very fine & thin, shorter than average length eyelashes. The only reason I tried this was because Sephora discontinued selling English Ideas Mascara Primer, which I would normally pair with MAC's prolong lash mascara. Diorshow is supposed to be an all-in-one, lash-extending, thickening & curling mascara. After curling my lashes with shu uemura, I have ready lashes and it definitely thickened the look of my lashes, but as far as curling and extending, I'm sad to say it didn't do much for me. Because my lashes are so fine and thin, the only thing I can do is to keep the curl and length of my lashes priority. So I'm back to MAC prolong lash now paired with the MAC prep+prime. Loving it although thick would be good. It's definitely hard to get my lashes to be long, curly and thick without overdoing it by losing the curl along the way of trying to make it look thicker and keeping a clean look at the same time. Cute packaging though and it's a bit pricey.

on 8/15/2006 7:14:00 AM

I have worn this mascara for over a week now and have to say I am pretty impressed. I did not care for the regular DiorShow..i find it abit gloppy, clumpy and even flakey at times. I have always been a fan of Lancome Mascara's and tend to prefer defintion in mascara as opposed to volume or length. I bought Dior Show unlimited in chestnut and it is great at defining, lengthening an ultimately its greatest asset is the way it curls my lashes! I have long, medium, naturally curly strawberry blonde lashes..when i first used this I looked in the mirror and though my lashes looked oddly shorter for some reason, then i looked closely and realized that it was becasue my lashes had curled so much with this mascara on! Those of you looking for definition and curl, this is a great mascara..I am sure it will hold a curl from a curler considering it curled my curly lashes even more.

on 8/22/2006 9:12:00 PM

Liked the original DiorShow, but was not a fan of the brush. The one that comes with Unlimited is awesome. I am a big fan!

I like the original Dior Show better, because I like the big brush & it gives my lashes more volume. This mascara didn't do it for me..Volume is the main thing I look for in a mascara since my lashes aren't naturally short. If I want more curl I can use my Shu Uemura eyelash curler.

I love this mascara. I have always loved Diorshow, but the idea that this was more lengthening really made me want to try it. the brush is smaller and the formula is wetter, but you get the exact same results as you would with Diorshow, just with more length. this is exactly what I needed and I can't believe how amazing my lashes look.

on 9/16/2006 3:57:00 PM

I had been searching for a good lengthening mascrara and I think this is my HG. I didn't like the original Diorshow because my lashes have plenty of thickness and volume naturally-and I am not a fan of the huge brush craze. Ugh. The tiny brush is perfect and lends buildable length with minimal clumps. I also like the slim tube. For what it does, I don't mind paying 20 dolars for it. I'll definitely stick with this for a long time.

on 10/2/2006 8:30:00 PM

Started out beautiful, then got smudgier and smudgier as it got older. I refuse to throw it out because of the price, but it was nothing special.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Not a fan of the original DiorShow - found it very clumpy and goopy. My lashes stuck togest and gave me that "spider lash" look. The wand was way too thick.
I'm reluctant to say this is my HG mascara (as I always continue my search for a perfect mascara), but this is FANTASTIC for daytime wear. No, it doesn't do much in the way of volumizing for me, but with a curler used before hand (sometimes I skip this step), this mascara is fabulous for lengthening and curling. It beats Chanel's Extracils,Shiseido's Curling Mascara and Armani's Starlash hands down. No smudging after an eight hour day (and my eyes tend to tear on a frequent basis). If you're looking for dramatic lashes, I would suggest the original DiorShow (just be prepared to comb and recomb) or Lancome's Fatale (which requires a lot of work, but really gives your lashes quite a bit of "oomph"). This is not as wet of a formula as Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes but the pigment is just as good (the packaging just isn't as cute). I would prefer a glossier mascara, but if it means no racoon eyes, I'll take it! I think I've tried every high and low end mascara out there, so please email me if you want me to know how this compares to the usual suspects: Clinique Glossy, all the Chanel, Prescriptives,Kanebo and Shiseido mascaras, BB, Chantecaille, Darphin, Clarins, Kevyn Aucoin,Pout, Blinc, Fresh Supernova, Bourjois, Stila, Anna Sui and Sisley. I have also tried most drugstore brands. DiorShow Unlimited is a keeper (for now)!

EDIT: After several weeks of use, I have only now realized that this is a fiber mascara, and these just don't agree with me. Too much product comes out of the tube, and I end up scraping it off the side. No, I don't pump the wand, as a mascara whore, I know better! If you like fiber mascaras, then this is fine. I'll stick w/ Guerlain Divinora for daytime, which lengthens and seperates just like the Dior product, but doesn't tug on my lashes (like a fiber mascara doeas). I also found that the DiorShow became significantly drier after several weeks. Overall, not a bad mascara at all, but it just doesn't work for me.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

as a lover of diorshow, i was pretty excited to try out this version since it has a smaller brush. huge disappointment! it made my lashes clump together to form triangle shape lashes with zero volume. i can hardly wait to go back to exchange it for the regular diorshow. this mascara performs like a drugstore mascara, but 4x the price.