Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Behenamidopropylamine Behenatem Stearolkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocodimonium Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolzed Mucopolysac Charides, Sodium Coco Collagen Amino Acids, Wheat Germ Fatty Acids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Squalane, Avocado Oil, Acetimide MEA, Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sulfur, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 10, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium, Chloride Phosphate, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Nonoxynol 10, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 7/16/2010 12:52:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I don't understand the raves about this product. I have fine damaged hair, from bleaching and ironing. First of all, it is very uncomfortable to towel dry hair after the wash as I am still in the shower just so I can apply this conditioner as per instructions. I mean, I have to take a towel into the shower and dry my hair with it, then apply this stuff, put a bag over it, and wait 5 minutes. After using it for a month, I haven't had any improvement in my hair breakage whatsoever, and in fact when I am using my Fekkai conditioner it makes my hair healthier than this one. I don't know how it worked for everyone else, but for me it is a complete waste.

What it is: From the Aphogee website:
"This unique treatment is formulated with magnesium and modified proteins which fuse into the hair with the application of heat. The result is that breakage is drastically reduced. ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment is a salon service product unlike any product available for at-home use. During the process, ApHogee treatment hardens into the hair, dramatic evidence that something special is occurring. For best results a hooded dryer is required. After rinsing and moisturizing with ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer, clients are astounded with the results. ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment can help improve other salon services as well. This remedial process is highly recommended for hair that:
Is too weak or fine to take a perm or relaxer. (use the week PRIOR to service)
Is over-bleached.
Will not hold color. (use PRIOR to color application)
Breaks when combed or brushed.
Is mushy when wet and brittle after drying."

Why I love it:
I bought this product at the behest of the makeupalley.com hair board after pleading with them for a miracle product to fix my sticky, porous, brittle hair, a product of overuse of evil Sun-In while at the beach and daily heat-styling. My hair was damaged from the tips to four inches below the roots-- I would have had to have a bowl-cut if I wanted to cut out all the damage to prevent it from spreading further! There was no way I would allow this to happen.

Enter Aphogee. After shampooing my hair with Aphogee's Shampoo for Damaged Hair, I shook up the Aphogee Two-Step Reconstructor and generously applied the yellow, watery product with my hands. I used a wide-tooth comb to distribute it evenly through-out my hair, making sure the extra-damaged areas were thoroughly soaked. When my hair was combed into a position where I felt comfortable with it stay that way, I turned on my hair dryer with the setting on hot, but the fan on low. You do not want your hair to move at all once it starts becoming hard, as it may break more (although slight movements didn't seem to harm my hair). The heat from the hairdryer bakes the protein into the damaged areas of the strands. Once the hair can't get any harder (generally after an hour or two), rinse it out in the shower, and apply a very thick, deep conditioner. Leave in the deep conditioner for 5-15 mnutes with a towel wrapped around your head. Use the wide-tooth comb when you're rinsing it out to detangle it. Let your hair air-dry; don't heat-style afterwards-- give your poor, damaged hair a break-- and wait to see the miraculous change in your hair!

My hair was almost completely repaired! There is such an incredible difference in my hair that I can barely tell it was ever damaged. Its a little rough in the places that were incredibly damaged, but there was a 90% improvement in my hair. I'll continue using the product monthly until the damage has grown out enough to be cut off. I'd highly recommend this product to ANYONE with brittle or sticky hair that is prone to breakage. It brought my hair from the brink of disaster!

Where to buy it (and how much):
Sally's Beauty Supply or any other hair supply store for $19.99 for 16 oz bottle or about $5.99 for a 4 oz bottle.

on 9/17/2008 9:36:00 PM

This is a great product and I loved it. I have been using it for the last three weeks. My hair feels very soft and strong after every use. I put it on my hair after shampoo and leave it for at least 30 minutes with a plastic cap. Then I rinse it out and wow my hair is beautiful. I'm using Aphogee two step protein treatment too and is a wonderful combination. The damage treatment I will use it every 4 to 5 weeks and the keratin treatment once a week. I will recommend this product.

on 4/25/2008 12:34:00 PM

I love how this makes my hair feel. I have thin, wavy hair that I dye blonde every 5 weeks and it was starting to show. I started using this last week and I can already see a difference.

on 2/14/2008 9:32:00 PM

All I can say is WOW! I bought this product because of a recommendation of a Sally's clerk. This stuff is truly amazing! I couldn't grow out my hair, no matter how much I tried. I color and blow-dry my hair, that the ends would break and I couldn't grow it past my shoulders, no matter what I tried. Until I discovered this product and my hair is past my shoulders on its way to my mid back!!! This product worked wonders, as I noticed a difference from the first use. My hair loves, loves, loves this reconstructor. Before, I used to have thick, frizzy, damaged, thinning, hair with split ends. This got rid of the frizz, left my hair thick, soft, shiny and bouncy. Even my hairdresser recently told a friend of mine who visits the same salon how my hair is so thick and healthy! I almost fainted when I heard that, out of the mouth of my own hairdresser!!!

on 1/31/2008 8:11:00 AM

A pretty good protein treatment. Not nearly as intensive as the original Aphogee treatment, but still excellent for repairing and maintaining healthy hair. Has a pleasant coconut smell. I leave this on for about 5 minutes after shampooing while I shave. It reconstructs and softens in one step, but I usually use a deep conditioner afterwards. Good stuff - would rebuy.

I bought this on a recommendation from the Boards. My hair is very brittle, dry, and over-processed. I cant even run a comb through my hair without it breaking. So I was told this is a miracle in a bottle.....Works great, but no miracle. My hair is more moisturized, and softer, looks a little less fried. It definetely works better than the Pureology Reconstructor which literally dried my hair to straw. I used this with heat and with the shampoo and moisturizer that comes with the set. Ill keep this updated as I use it throughout the weeks for a weekly reconstructor.

This stuff is wonderful! I got the small packet at Sally's. My hair was pretty damaged. It had been highlighted, went red and back to blonde. I then used a high-lift blonde and was worried about the condition of my hair. My hair looks gorgeous. Its softer and shinier that some people I know with natural hair! I will definitely continue to use this as I dye my hair a very light blonde.

on 10/17/2006 3:32:00 PM

After hearing that this stuff is a miracle, I bought it for my extremely damaged hair. I had to use a large amount to cover my hair. The smell was not as bad as everyone says it is, pretty normal. But I really didn't notice a huge difference. My hair felt just as dry. But I gave it 3 just because I will try it again, and hope that it works better with heat.