Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Aphogee  Intensive Keratin Reconstructor
Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

4.3

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Behenamidopropylamine Behenatem Stearolkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocodimonium Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolzed Mucopolysac Charides, Sodium Coco Collagen Amino Acids, Wheat Germ Fatty Acids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Squalane, Avocado Oil, Acetimide MEA, Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sulfur, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 10, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium, Chloride Phosphate, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Nonoxynol 10, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 5/12/2013 10:05:00 PM

This is my first time ever!!!! Reviewing a product., but after giving this treatment a try I just had to!
My hair was so mushy and in really bad shape after a "professional" added some highlights. My hair was like rubber when wet!!! Super dry....
This product is amazing, after only one application I saw incredible improvement in my hair condition.. My hair felt soft and shine.. If you have really damage hair this is a product you must try.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This product really is great. It stopped the breakage I had and instantly made my hair feel a million times healthier. I use this every couple of days in place of my regular conditioner. I bought this product really cheap at Sallys. The only downside is it tends to make my hair somewhat greasy but then again that could just be because I sometimes put too much on so I dont want to blame the product per say.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Makes a nice weekly hair treatment for my fine dry hair and scalp.

What it is: From the Aphogee website:
"This unique treatment is formulated with magnesium and modified proteins which fuse into the hair with the application of heat. The result is that breakage is drastically reduced. ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment is a salon service product unlike any product available for at-home use. During the process, ApHogee treatment hardens into the hair, dramatic evidence that something special is occurring. For best results a hooded dryer is required. After rinsing and moisturizing with ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer, clients are astounded with the results. ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment can help improve other salon services as well. This remedial process is highly recommended for hair that:
Is too weak or fine to take a perm or relaxer. (use the week PRIOR to service)
Is over-bleached.
Will not hold color. (use PRIOR to color application)
Breaks when combed or brushed.
Is mushy when wet and brittle after drying."

Why I love it:
I bought this product at the behest of the makeupalley.com hair board after pleading with them for a miracle product to fix my sticky, porous, brittle hair, a product of overuse of evil Sun-In while at the beach and daily heat-styling. My hair was damaged from the tips to four inches below the roots-- I would have had to have a bowl-cut if I wanted to cut out all the damage to prevent it from spreading further! There was no way I would allow this to happen.

Enter Aphogee. After shampooing my hair with Aphogee's Shampoo for Damaged Hair, I shook up the Aphogee Two-Step Reconstructor and generously applied the yellow, watery product with my hands. I used a wide-tooth comb to distribute it evenly through-out my hair, making sure the extra-damaged areas were thoroughly soaked. When my hair was combed into a position where I felt comfortable with it stay that way, I turned on my hair dryer with the setting on hot, but the fan on low. You do not want your hair to move at all once it starts becoming hard, as it may break more (although slight movements didn't seem to harm my hair). The heat from the hairdryer bakes the protein into the damaged areas of the strands. Once the hair can't get any harder (generally after an hour or two), rinse it out in the shower, and apply a very thick, deep conditioner. Leave in the deep conditioner for 5-15 mnutes with a towel wrapped around your head. Use the wide-tooth comb when you're rinsing it out to detangle it. Let your hair air-dry; don't heat-style afterwards-- give your poor, damaged hair a break-- and wait to see the miraculous change in your hair!

My hair was almost completely repaired! There is such an incredible difference in my hair that I can barely tell it was ever damaged. Its a little rough in the places that were incredibly damaged, but there was a 90% improvement in my hair. I'll continue using the product monthly until the damage has grown out enough to be cut off. I'd highly recommend this product to ANYONE with brittle or sticky hair that is prone to breakage. It brought my hair from the brink of disaster!

Where to buy it (and how much):
Sally's Beauty Supply or any other hair supply store for $19.99 for 16 oz bottle or about $5.99 for a 4 oz bottle.

on 3/30/2009 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Very good conditioner. Pleasing coconut scent.

Left my hair very moisturized and detangled/ with good slip.

Although it is a creamy protein conditioner its not as hard core as Joico K-Pak nor does it leave the hair feeling as strong.

I might use this as a follow of for the hard protein found in aphogee 2 step and probably will keep this on hand.

on 6/23/2008 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Awesome Product I love it, makes your hair soft silkysmooth. I like this product and I will so buy again... you should try it if you cant find anything that does wonders I tried everything and this worked right away try it as the 2 min conditioner after doing the damage treatment with damp hair.. Good luck!!!!

on 1/31/2008 8:11:00 AM

A pretty good protein treatment. Not nearly as intensive as the original Aphogee treatment, but still excellent for repairing and maintaining healthy hair. Has a pleasant coconut smell. I leave this on for about 5 minutes after shampooing while I shave. It reconstructs and softens in one step, but I usually use a deep conditioner afterwards. Good stuff - would rebuy.

on 6/1/2007 6:02:00 PM

This is a good deep conditioner, but it's not as amazing as ApHogee's "treatment for damaged hair." It makes your hair soft, but it doesn't seem to repair the damage like the other product does. If your hair is really breaking and splitting, I'd recommend using the other treatment, then using a moisturizing treatment; if it's not too serious, the keratin reconstructor is cheaper, quicker, and MUCH easier to use. It smells much better and actually moisturizes in the same step! I don't think I'll buy this one again, but I'd still recommend this if you don't want to deal with the hardcore damaged-hair treatment.

(BTW, I think they have changed the name of the other one - it is now called "two-step protein treatment.)

I bought this on a recommendation from the Boards. My hair is very brittle, dry, and over-processed. I cant even run a comb through my hair without it breaking. So I was told this is a miracle in a bottle.....Works great, but no miracle. My hair is more moisturized, and softer, looks a little less fried. It definetely works better than the Pureology Reconstructor which literally dried my hair to straw. I used this with heat and with the shampoo and moisturizer that comes with the set. Ill keep this updated as I use it throughout the weeks for a weekly reconstructor.

on 10/17/2006 3:32:00 PM

After hearing that this stuff is a miracle, I bought it for my extremely damaged hair. I had to use a large amount to cover my hair. The smell was not as bad as everyone says it is, pretty normal. But I really didn't notice a huge difference. My hair felt just as dry. But I gave it 3 just because I will try it again, and hope that it works better with heat.