Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

Aphogee  Intensive Keratin Reconstructor
Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

4.4

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Behenamidopropylamine Behenatem Stearolkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocodimonium Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolzed Mucopolysac Charides, Sodium Coco Collagen Amino Acids, Wheat Germ Fatty Acids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Squalane, Avocado Oil, Acetimide MEA, Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sulfur, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 10, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium, Chloride Phosphate, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Nonoxynol 10, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

What it is: From the Aphogee website:
"This unique treatment is formulated with magnesium and modified proteins which fuse into the hair with the application of heat. The result is that breakage is drastically reduced. ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment is a salon service product unlike any product available for at-home use. During the process, ApHogee treatment hardens into the hair, dramatic evidence that something special is occurring. For best results a hooded dryer is required. After rinsing and moisturizing with ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer, clients are astounded with the results. ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment can help improve other salon services as well. This remedial process is highly recommended for hair that:
Is too weak or fine to take a perm or relaxer. (use the week PRIOR to service)
Is over-bleached.
Will not hold color. (use PRIOR to color application)
Breaks when combed or brushed.
Is mushy when wet and brittle after drying."

Why I love it:
I bought this product at the behest of the makeupalley.com hair board after pleading with them for a miracle product to fix my sticky, porous, brittle hair, a product of overuse of evil Sun-In while at the beach and daily heat-styling. My hair was damaged from the tips to four inches below the roots-- I would have had to have a bowl-cut if I wanted to cut out all the damage to prevent it from spreading further! There was no way I would allow this to happen.

Enter Aphogee. After shampooing my hair with Aphogee's Shampoo for Damaged Hair, I shook up the Aphogee Two-Step Reconstructor and generously applied the yellow, watery product with my hands. I used a wide-tooth comb to distribute it evenly through-out my hair, making sure the extra-damaged areas were thoroughly soaked. When my hair was combed into a position where I felt comfortable with it stay that way, I turned on my hair dryer with the setting on hot, but the fan on low. You do not want your hair to move at all once it starts becoming hard, as it may break more (although slight movements didn't seem to harm my hair). The heat from the hairdryer bakes the protein into the damaged areas of the strands. Once the hair can't get any harder (generally after an hour or two), rinse it out in the shower, and apply a very thick, deep conditioner. Leave in the deep conditioner for 5-15 mnutes with a towel wrapped around your head. Use the wide-tooth comb when you're rinsing it out to detangle it. Let your hair air-dry; don't heat-style afterwards-- give your poor, damaged hair a break-- and wait to see the miraculous change in your hair!

My hair was almost completely repaired! There is such an incredible difference in my hair that I can barely tell it was ever damaged. Its a little rough in the places that were incredibly damaged, but there was a 90% improvement in my hair. I'll continue using the product monthly until the damage has grown out enough to be cut off. I'd highly recommend this product to ANYONE with brittle or sticky hair that is prone to breakage. It brought my hair from the brink of disaster!

Where to buy it (and how much):
Sally's Beauty Supply or any other hair supply store for $19.99 for 16 oz bottle or about $5.99 for a 4 oz bottle.

Love this! If your hair is damaged and you think you have to cut it all off try this line for a month first! The bottle design isn't the bottle in the profile picture. It's a pretty & smooth purple font, I'll upload some new pictures.

This treatment is THE treatment for my hair. These products don't have that "slip" like most drugstore conditioners which is good bc actually soaks in and doesn't leave a super heaviness.

This makes my hair softer, improves elasticity, hydrated, and saves inches of hair!

Whenever I do some damage to my hair I trim a bit and go to this line exclusively. Lifesaver products.

They now have a new careline called Curltastic. Comes in cute yellow bottles. I'll get that line up so we can start reviewing. I used it's texture curl wash. Sulfate and Para free. It has a rich foaming effect but is color safe.

P.S. I'm Caucasian with fine hair, most blogs/etc I find on these products aren't by Caucasians but these products can work for many hair types.

I get mine from Sallys Beauty Supply and there was a sale of buy 2 get 1 free, yaya.

This is a review for the two minute treatment. This stuff really works on my fine, slightly thinning, greasy yet dehydrated and damaged hair as a weekly treatment. I have used it both with and without a hot towel and noticed the difference. Most conditioning treatments weigh my hair down but not this one. I apply a large egg size amount to my just washed and towel dried shoulder length hair, all the way down almost from the scalp to the ends, then widetooth comb through very quickly and put up in a hot towel, turban style. I am amazed at how much of a difference this product makes: shiny, silky and manageable with no hint of residue and not a split end in sight. The price is fantastic too. I will of course re-purchase.

on 9/12/2010 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This review is for the Aphogee 2 minute conditioner. This conditioner works wonders and is very competitively priced. In terms of protein condtioners, I have this and Aveda Damage Remedy. Both work well, but Aphogee wins out due to the price point. It is amazing what you get for your money with this conditioner. I don't use it as a "2 minute condtioner". I use it a twice a week deep conditioner. I mix it with EVOO, EVCO and peppermint essential oil and sit under the hair dryer for about 20 minutes. I follow up with a moisturizing deep conditioner and my hair is perfect. It feels both moisturized and strong.
If you are looking for a moderate protein treatment, head over to Sally's and buy Aphogee!!

on 9/22/2008 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my absolute must have HG hair treatment. I heard about it about a year ago on the boards. My hair tends to become brittle from intensive dieting and training (I do those silly fitness competitions). At one point I actually felt like I was losing my hair. Thanks to a member on here who has an amazing notepad with a bunch of suggestions for hair, I embarked on a journey to take as good care of my hair as I do my skin and body. This has been a crucial component in my new hair regimen. That and vitamins. My hair has completely transformed, despite my many trips to my hair stylist for coloring and highlights and my intensive dieting and training. Even my hair stylist has been amazed at the improvements my hair's made. She used to *hate* when I would come in with my damaged hair. Now she can't stop talking about my hair. Hehehehe.
My hair has become fuller, healthier -visibly and from the inside, and grows like crazy. Everywhere I go, and I mean this, everywhere, somebody makes a comment about my hair.
My hair type is very curly and it usually takes me about a good hour to blow dry it straight. I use this more often than indicated but thats only because I feel like I need it. I use it about every 2 weeks or so. Another thing I do, especially when I wear my hair curly, is avoid stuff with alcohol. Since I stopped using gels, hairsprays, etc, to keep my curls bouncy and hydrated, I can also tell this has contributed to the all around improvement in texture.
Overall this is an amazing product and I can't get enough of it. Great find and thanks to the member who has the detailed notepad. My hair and I thank her very much.

on 3/22/2011 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Awesome product! I love it!! Aphogge 2 Minute Keratin Treatment left my hair super super soft, shiney, bouncey smooth and fuller. Yesterday was my secound time using it and I can see a HUGE differnece from the first time I used it, my hair is fuller after the second use, It looks like salon statis.. I'm very please and I will be using this product every week, my hair loves protein. I'm so excited about this product because after getting a relaxer in Nov; and than again in Jan; my hair was not in the best of health, it's now March and Aphogee has made a come back for me and I am so greatful. I washed my hair the first time, I used this Keratin for 2 minutes, then I used a Deep Conditioner it came out preety nice... But the second time I washed my hair with Aphogee damaged har shampoo and I used only the keratin treatment but left it on my hair for 10 minutes instead of 2 minutes and then sprayed my hair with Aphogge Keartin Green Tea spray.. love the results.. would recommend this to all with over processed hair, thin hair, breakage..

on 5/12/2013 10:05:00 PM

This is my first time ever!!!! Reviewing a product., but after giving this treatment a try I just had to!
My hair was so mushy and in really bad shape after a "professional" added some highlights. My hair was like rubber when wet!!! Super dry....
This product is amazing, after only one application I saw incredible improvement in my hair condition.. My hair felt soft and shine.. If you have really damage hair this is a product you must try.

on 10/17/2011 10:28:00 AM

Awesome product! I bleached my dark hair to a very light blonde recently a few times now...I noticed that my hair was breaking a lot at the ends so I decided to give this product a try. My result are fabulous! I love this treatment... it smells great does leave your hair soft, shiny, and less breakage. I recommend this product if you have over processed hair. Definatley will buy again!

on 7/19/2010 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Amazing Amazing, I have long 4b natural hair. I was having like a month long affair with a certain sexy flat iron. I had silky bouncy hair for the short term but definatly started to feel some roughness and breakage very soon afterwards. I had wanted to try the 2 step tratment but was way too scared of breaking all my hair off. So I decided to try this out instead. After even just one wash I noticed an immediate diffrence. Shedding has minimized to normal levels and I'm feeling my old softness coming back. Tip : Even thoughthe bottle says it should stay in for 2 minutes I left the heat cap on for 10 minutes. Maybe I'm crazy, but it worked for me. Also you must must immediatly do a moisturizing treatment right after or else all that keratin will make your hair hard.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this for a while. This product is really great if you have damaged hair, but not enough to use the damage treatment product (and I don't suggest using that until you know your hair is in some serious trouble). I have curly, thick, frizzy, dry hair. It was brittle and I knew it needed something. I use this by washing my hair then I put this on for 5 minutes and comb through. There's an immediate difference for me, but since I know my hair needs moisture I follow this with a deep conditioner that doesn't have a lot of protein in it. I do this once a week. I've tried the imitation joico protein treatment and a couple other protein things, but this is great,effective, and not expensive.