Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

Aphogee  Intensive Keratin Reconstructor
Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

4.4

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Behenamidopropylamine Behenatem Stearolkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocodimonium Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolzed Mucopolysac Charides, Sodium Coco Collagen Amino Acids, Wheat Germ Fatty Acids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Squalane, Avocado Oil, Acetimide MEA, Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sulfur, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 10, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium, Chloride Phosphate, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Nonoxynol 10, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i use this product to add some protein on my weak, dry, brittle hair...i use this product followed by a deep conditioner (regis olive oil mask or terax creme) both with heat (i have a portable bonnet dryer)....i noticed my hair looked less broom-like and actually has some shine ever since i've been using the aphogee treatment (the one that smells like cat pee) once every six weeks and using a lesser protein treatment like this particular product every week or 2...got this for around $7-8 at sally beauty supply...if u dont wanna do the whole heat process & want great results in minutes...i highly recommend ION EMERGENCY REPAIR KIT !!! their reconstructor is amazing as well

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really like this conditioner. It spreads over my hair and after I rinse it out my hair feels silky.

on 10/17/2006 3:32:00 PM

After hearing that this stuff is a miracle, I bought it for my extremely damaged hair. I had to use a large amount to cover my hair. The smell was not as bad as everyone says it is, pretty normal. But I really didn't notice a huge difference. My hair felt just as dry. But I gave it 3 just because I will try it again, and hope that it works better with heat.

This stuff is GREAT! I used it for the first time this morning. I have color-treated hair that is dry and damaged from too much coloring. I got it back in fairly good condition, but it was feeling a little dry and limp. Today I washed with Kenra Clarifying shampoo to get rid of any buildup, then left this treatment on my hair for 5-10 minutes while I shaved my legs, etc. I blew dry my hair and WOW! It's so soft, silky and full of body! It also has amazing shine! I will definitely repurchase and continue to use once a week as a protein treatment.

This stuff is wonderful! I got the small packet at Sally's. My hair was pretty damaged. It had been highlighted, went red and back to blonde. I then used a high-lift blonde and was worried about the condition of my hair. My hair looks gorgeous. Its softer and shinier that some people I know with natural hair! I will definitely continue to use this as I dye my hair a very light blonde.

I absolutely LOVE this!! I use this a couple times a month and it really does wonders for my hair. I have long, curly hair and seriously after the first use of this product, my hair became SO soft, looks so much better and is just more moisturized overall. Also, a bottle lasts me months and months because a little goes a long way. I think this product is fabulous and I will never run out of this stuff. LOVE IT!!!

I bought this on a recommendation from the Boards. My hair is very brittle, dry, and over-processed. I cant even run a comb through my hair without it breaking. So I was told this is a miracle in a bottle.....Works great, but no miracle. My hair is more moisturized, and softer, looks a little less fried. It definetely works better than the Pureology Reconstructor which literally dried my hair to straw. I used this with heat and with the shampoo and moisturizer that comes with the set. Ill keep this updated as I use it throughout the weeks for a weekly reconstructor.

on 6/1/2007 6:02:00 PM

This is a good deep conditioner, but it's not as amazing as ApHogee's "treatment for damaged hair." It makes your hair soft, but it doesn't seem to repair the damage like the other product does. If your hair is really breaking and splitting, I'd recommend using the other treatment, then using a moisturizing treatment; if it's not too serious, the keratin reconstructor is cheaper, quicker, and MUCH easier to use. It smells much better and actually moisturizes in the same step! I don't think I'll buy this one again, but I'd still recommend this if you don't want to deal with the hardcore damaged-hair treatment.

(BTW, I think they have changed the name of the other one - it is now called "two-step protein treatment.)

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this for a while. This product is really great if you have damaged hair, but not enough to use the damage treatment product (and I don't suggest using that until you know your hair is in some serious trouble). I have curly, thick, frizzy, dry hair. It was brittle and I knew it needed something. I use this by washing my hair then I put this on for 5 minutes and comb through. There's an immediate difference for me, but since I know my hair needs moisture I follow this with a deep conditioner that doesn't have a lot of protein in it. I do this once a week. I've tried the imitation joico protein treatment and a couple other protein things, but this is great,effective, and not expensive.

on 11/24/2007 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Like the other reviewers said, this is a fast, cheap, and effective treatment if you are experiencing some minor hair damage. I use it to protect my hair from getting any breakage when I style it. It has some protein in it, so if your hair cannot tolerate prtoein, than this is not for you. I left mine in for a couple of mintutes, making sure to maasage the product in. My feels soft and looks less frizzy. I found mine at Sally's for less than eight bucks.