Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

Filtered by age: 30-35
Aphogee  Intensive Keratin Reconstructor
Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

4.9

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Behenamidopropylamine Behenatem Stearolkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocodimonium Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolzed Mucopolysac Charides, Sodium Coco Collagen Amino Acids, Wheat Germ Fatty Acids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Squalane, Avocado Oil, Acetimide MEA, Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sulfur, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 10, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium, Chloride Phosphate, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Nonoxynol 10, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Love this! If your hair is damaged and you think you have to cut it all off try this line for a month first! The bottle design isn't the bottle in the profile picture. It's a pretty & smooth purple font, I'll upload some new pictures.

This treatment is THE treatment for my hair. These products don't have that "slip" like most drugstore conditioners which is good bc actually soaks in and doesn't leave a super heaviness.

This makes my hair softer, improves elasticity, hydrated, and saves inches of hair!

Whenever I do some damage to my hair I trim a bit and go to this line exclusively. Lifesaver products.

They now have a new careline called Curltastic. Comes in cute yellow bottles. I'll get that line up so we can start reviewing. I used it's texture curl wash. Sulfate and Para free. It has a rich foaming effect but is color safe.

P.S. I'm Caucasian with fine hair, most blogs/etc I find on these products aren't by Caucasians but these products can work for many hair types.

I get mine from Sallys Beauty Supply and there was a sale of buy 2 get 1 free, yaya.

on 5/12/2013 10:05:00 PM

This is my first time ever!!!! Reviewing a product., but after giving this treatment a try I just had to!
My hair was so mushy and in really bad shape after a "professional" added some highlights. My hair was like rubber when wet!!! Super dry....
This product is amazing, after only one application I saw incredible improvement in my hair condition.. My hair felt soft and shine.. If you have really damage hair this is a product you must try.

on 10/17/2011 10:28:00 AM

Awesome product! I bleached my dark hair to a very light blonde recently a few times now...I noticed that my hair was breaking a lot at the ends so I decided to give this product a try. My result are fabulous! I love this treatment... it smells great does leave your hair soft, shiny, and less breakage. I recommend this product if you have over processed hair. Definatley will buy again!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

AMAZING product ...really is. I have tried so much on my hair and this one is one of the best. Make my hair soooooooo nice , soft and healty. Really HG.

on 5/14/2009 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I fried my hair by bleaching it and dyeing it many times. I started out with fine, long wavy hair and my worst problem was lack of body. Now I have fine, long, wavy hair that is brittle, dry, damaged and frizzy and breaks easily. I have been introduced to the brand new world of products for damaged hair. I actually saw this right across the aisle in Sally's from the hair bleach, and picked it up on a whim. The price is pretty low so I wasn't expecting much. Also, I was nervous when I saw that one of the first five ingredients is mineral oil... sounds heavy. But, at least there are no silicones. At this point I am willing to try ANYthing to avoid having to cut my hair very short. I was not expecting it to actually "repair" the damage I have done, I just want to be able to get a comb through my hair without it tangling up terribly! The results are pretty good so far. I use a lot of this and I use it every day, not once a month like the directions indicate. I also don't follow the directions that say to towel dry hair first (who has time for that in the morning before work>?) and to leave it on 2-5 minutes. I leave it on for probably a minute, maybe 2 at most, because I am always in a hurry in the shower. My hair ends up detangled and soft, and just slightly weighed down. I still use a leave in conditioner spray. I get less breakage overall. However my hair still feels so dry overall. This works better than most products but still the one that is working best for me (oddly enough) is DevaCurl OneCondition.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I wish that Aphogee sold this product by the gallons! As, it makes the hair feel so smooth and soft. I have tried many conditioning products and this product is an absolute must-have! love that it works almost instantly to make the hair feel so much silkier. I have hair that is naturally very dry and this product honestly is like a tall drink of water for my hair.

When I was using products that contained mineral oil in them, this was a huge favorite of mines. However, I no longer use products that contain mineral oil on my hair and scalp (due to experiencing severe scalp eczema that has become a huge battle for me), so unfortunately I did end up parting ways with this product. However, if your hair and scalp,can handle long-term use of products with mineral oil in them, then by all means don't hesitate to give this product a try.

on 9/22/2008 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my absolute must have HG hair treatment. I heard about it about a year ago on the boards. My hair tends to become brittle from intensive dieting and training (I do those silly fitness competitions). At one point I actually felt like I was losing my hair. Thanks to a member on here who has an amazing notepad with a bunch of suggestions for hair, I embarked on a journey to take as good care of my hair as I do my skin and body. This has been a crucial component in my new hair regimen. That and vitamins. My hair has completely transformed, despite my many trips to my hair stylist for coloring and highlights and my intensive dieting and training. Even my hair stylist has been amazed at the improvements my hair's made. She used to *hate* when I would come in with my damaged hair. Now she can't stop talking about my hair. Hehehehe.
My hair has become fuller, healthier -visibly and from the inside, and grows like crazy. Everywhere I go, and I mean this, everywhere, somebody makes a comment about my hair.
My hair type is very curly and it usually takes me about a good hour to blow dry it straight. I use this more often than indicated but thats only because I feel like I need it. I use it about every 2 weeks or so. Another thing I do, especially when I wear my hair curly, is avoid stuff with alcohol. Since I stopped using gels, hairsprays, etc, to keep my curls bouncy and hydrated, I can also tell this has contributed to the all around improvement in texture.
Overall this is an amazing product and I can't get enough of it. Great find and thanks to the member who has the detailed notepad. My hair and I thank her very much.

on 9/17/2008 9:36:00 PM

This is a great product and I loved it. I have been using it for the last three weeks. My hair feels very soft and strong after every use. I put it on my hair after shampoo and leave it for at least 30 minutes with a plastic cap. Then I rinse it out and wow my hair is beautiful. I'm using Aphogee two step protein treatment too and is a wonderful combination. The damage treatment I will use it every 4 to 5 weeks and the keratin treatment once a week. I will recommend this product.

on 2/14/2008 9:32:00 PM

All I can say is WOW! I bought this product because of a recommendation of a Sally's clerk. This stuff is truly amazing! I couldn't grow out my hair, no matter how much I tried. I color and blow-dry my hair, that the ends would break and I couldn't grow it past my shoulders, no matter what I tried. Until I discovered this product and my hair is past my shoulders on its way to my mid back!!! This product worked wonders, as I noticed a difference from the first use. My hair loves, loves, loves this reconstructor. Before, I used to have thick, frizzy, damaged, thinning, hair with split ends. This got rid of the frizz, left my hair thick, soft, shiny and bouncy. Even my hairdresser recently told a friend of mine who visits the same salon how my hair is so thick and healthy! I almost fainted when I heard that, out of the mouth of my own hairdresser!!!

This stuff is GREAT! I used it for the first time this morning. I have color-treated hair that is dry and damaged from too much coloring. I got it back in fairly good condition, but it was feeling a little dry and limp. Today I washed with Kenra Clarifying shampoo to get rid of any buildup, then left this treatment on my hair for 5-10 minutes while I shaved my legs, etc. I blew dry my hair and WOW! It's so soft, silky and full of body! It also has amazing shine! I will definitely repurchase and continue to use once a week as a protein treatment.