Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

Filtered by age: 25-29
Aphogee  Intensive Keratin Reconstructor
Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Behenamidopropylamine Behenatem Stearolkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocodimonium Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolzed Mucopolysac Charides, Sodium Coco Collagen Amino Acids, Wheat Germ Fatty Acids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Squalane, Avocado Oil, Acetimide MEA, Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sulfur, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 10, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium, Chloride Phosphate, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Nonoxynol 10, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

My hair: very long naturally black hair that has been ombred and dyed dark twice all within a year

Application: the product was awkward to apply because I had a small amount because I purchased a sample pack. Going forward, I would purchase the full bottle and a squeeze bottle for easier application. Once I applied the product to my hair I combed it through with a wide-tooh comb and blowdried it on medium heat for about 30 minutes. I then rinsed it out and could feel the difference in my hair as I was washing it.

Results: I let my hair air dry naturally and was surprised to see that my hair was very wavy, similar to what it looked like when I was younger. My hair definitely is a lot better and when I rub the ends it doesn't sound as crunchy as it did before. I cannot say with certainty that the product caused this, but my hair does look a bit lighter in colour. Overall, I would buy this again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This product really is great. It stopped the breakage I had and instantly made my hair feel a million times healthier. I use this every couple of days in place of my regular conditioner. I bought this product really cheap at Sallys. The only downside is it tends to make my hair somewhat greasy but then again that could just be because I sometimes put too much on so I dont want to blame the product per say.

on 7/16/2010 12:52:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I don't understand the raves about this product. I have fine damaged hair, from bleaching and ironing. First of all, it is very uncomfortable to towel dry hair after the wash as I am still in the shower just so I can apply this conditioner as per instructions. I mean, I have to take a towel into the shower and dry my hair with it, then apply this stuff, put a bag over it, and wait 5 minutes. After using it for a month, I haven't had any improvement in my hair breakage whatsoever, and in fact when I am using my Fekkai conditioner it makes my hair healthier than this one. I don't know how it worked for everyone else, but for me it is a complete waste.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is highly recommend for those who chemically treat their hair, especially those who relax and color their hair regularly. I only relax my hair and it is a cheap alternative to the Joico K-Pak shampoo and conditioner. I adore the smell it has, like coconuts. I used to use the Nexxus Keraphix but they reformulated it and it is not the same anymore. I use this 2 minute recontructor every other week because too much protein actually makes my hair brittle. But I definately use it after a relaxer touchup.

What it is: From the Aphogee website:
"This unique treatment is formulated with magnesium and modified proteins which fuse into the hair with the application of heat. The result is that breakage is drastically reduced. ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment is a salon service product unlike any product available for at-home use. During the process, ApHogee treatment hardens into the hair, dramatic evidence that something special is occurring. For best results a hooded dryer is required. After rinsing and moisturizing with ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer, clients are astounded with the results. ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment can help improve other salon services as well. This remedial process is highly recommended for hair that:
Is too weak or fine to take a perm or relaxer. (use the week PRIOR to service)
Is over-bleached.
Will not hold color. (use PRIOR to color application)
Breaks when combed or brushed.
Is mushy when wet and brittle after drying."

Why I love it:
I bought this product at the behest of the makeupalley.com hair board after pleading with them for a miracle product to fix my sticky, porous, brittle hair, a product of overuse of evil Sun-In while at the beach and daily heat-styling. My hair was damaged from the tips to four inches below the roots-- I would have had to have a bowl-cut if I wanted to cut out all the damage to prevent it from spreading further! There was no way I would allow this to happen.

Enter Aphogee. After shampooing my hair with Aphogee's Shampoo for Damaged Hair, I shook up the Aphogee Two-Step Reconstructor and generously applied the yellow, watery product with my hands. I used a wide-tooth comb to distribute it evenly through-out my hair, making sure the extra-damaged areas were thoroughly soaked. When my hair was combed into a position where I felt comfortable with it stay that way, I turned on my hair dryer with the setting on hot, but the fan on low. You do not want your hair to move at all once it starts becoming hard, as it may break more (although slight movements didn't seem to harm my hair). The heat from the hairdryer bakes the protein into the damaged areas of the strands. Once the hair can't get any harder (generally after an hour or two), rinse it out in the shower, and apply a very thick, deep conditioner. Leave in the deep conditioner for 5-15 mnutes with a towel wrapped around your head. Use the wide-tooth comb when you're rinsing it out to detangle it. Let your hair air-dry; don't heat-style afterwards-- give your poor, damaged hair a break-- and wait to see the miraculous change in your hair!

My hair was almost completely repaired! There is such an incredible difference in my hair that I can barely tell it was ever damaged. Its a little rough in the places that were incredibly damaged, but there was a 90% improvement in my hair. I'll continue using the product monthly until the damage has grown out enough to be cut off. I'd highly recommend this product to ANYONE with brittle or sticky hair that is prone to breakage. It brought my hair from the brink of disaster!

Where to buy it (and how much):
Sally's Beauty Supply or any other hair supply store for $19.99 for 16 oz bottle or about $5.99 for a 4 oz bottle.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

LOVE this product!! Works very well to add back protein in my hair after I get a relaxer. I follow the directions, leave it on for a few minutes and rinse. I also use this bi-weekly to keep my hair strong because I moisturize ALOT! Also smells good.

on 8/19/2008 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have no idea what happened with my experience with this product but it certainly wasn't good. Used it to deep condition and repair coloring damage. My results were dry snap and break hair. Literally had to rewash and apply a regular conditioner. Maybe I got a bad batch but?

on 4/25/2008 12:34:00 PM

I love how this makes my hair feel. I have thin, wavy hair that I dye blonde every 5 weeks and it was starting to show. I started using this last week and I can already see a difference.

This stuff is wonderful! I got the small packet at Sally's. My hair was pretty damaged. It had been highlighted, went red and back to blonde. I then used a high-lift blonde and was worried about the condition of my hair. My hair looks gorgeous. Its softer and shinier that some people I know with natural hair! I will definitely continue to use this as I dye my hair a very light blonde.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really like this conditioner. It spreads over my hair and after I rinse it out my hair feels silky.