Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Behenamidopropylamine Behenatem Stearolkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocodimonium Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolzed Mucopolysac Charides, Sodium Coco Collagen Amino Acids, Wheat Germ Fatty Acids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Squalane, Avocado Oil, Acetimide MEA, Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sulfur, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 10, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium, Chloride Phosphate, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Nonoxynol 10, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I first purchased the Aphogee Keratin Treatment in a sample size a few months ago and I loved it. The sample size (it says) is good for two treatments, but I have very thick hair and only got one small use out of it. I loved what it did for me! I've been dying my hair once or twice a month (yes I know it's bad for my hair, but I like to do it) since I was thirteen or fourteen and I'm almost twenty-two, so my hair is generally in pretty bad condition. I've used just about every protein treatment there is, but this is the only product I've found that actually makes my hair look healthy. I got some shine back, my hair has way less breakage and even my scalp feels so much better. Even if your hair isn't as damaged, I think this will be a great product for most people.

My only problem, really, is with the packaging. The treatment is very thick and I generally have to shake and tap the bottle quite a bit to get any of the product out, but the payoff is worth it.

on 7/19/2010 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Amazing Amazing, I have long 4b natural hair. I was having like a month long affair with a certain sexy flat iron. I had silky bouncy hair for the short term but definatly started to feel some roughness and breakage very soon afterwards. I had wanted to try the 2 step tratment but was way too scared of breaking all my hair off. So I decided to try this out instead. After even just one wash I noticed an immediate diffrence. Shedding has minimized to normal levels and I'm feeling my old softness coming back. Tip : Even thoughthe bottle says it should stay in for 2 minutes I left the heat cap on for 10 minutes. Maybe I'm crazy, but it worked for me. Also you must must immediatly do a moisturizing treatment right after or else all that keratin will make your hair hard.

on 3/30/2009 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Very good conditioner. Pleasing coconut scent.

Left my hair very moisturized and detangled/ with good slip.

Although it is a creamy protein conditioner its not as hard core as Joico K-Pak nor does it leave the hair feeling as strong.

I might use this as a follow of for the hard protein found in aphogee 2 step and probably will keep this on hand.

on 12/22/2008 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I've never used a protein treatment on my own before, and I'm not even sure if my hairdressers have either. With that being said...This all began when I noticed my hair was snapping offf offf off. Everyday, all the time. When I realized that lack of moisture wasn't the problem I came on here and found this stuff.
The first time I "dabbled" (last week) I had to use my Dove conditioner aftewards because it left my hair slightly dry. Not only that, but when it came time to blow dry my hair was still snappy! There was a slight inmprovement so I knew the "second round" (last night) would do the trick.
Once again, it left my hair dry, so I conditoned with Dove, blowdried, and WA-LA! My hair is perfect. No More Breakage.

Did I mentioned that I also did a relaxer touchup yesterday and my hair is still awesome?

Update: This is a staple for me. Whenever I need protein (about once a month) I mix this in with my moisturizing conditioners. I'm not sure what I was thinking before, but Dove was not doing the job...but that's for another post.

on 6/23/2008 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Awesome Product I love it, makes your hair soft silkysmooth. I like this product and I will so buy again... you should try it if you cant find anything that does wonders I tried everything and this worked right away try it as the 2 min conditioner after doing the damage treatment with damp hair.. Good luck!!!!

on 1/4/2008 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

This product makes my hair super strong. I use it about every other wash, and I know that since using it, it has really strengthened my weak, relaxed strands. Wish they made a daily moisturizer that did the same thing. Definitely a staple. Smells like coconuts.

on 11/24/2007 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Like the other reviewers said, this is a fast, cheap, and effective treatment if you are experiencing some minor hair damage. I use it to protect my hair from getting any breakage when I style it. It has some protein in it, so if your hair cannot tolerate prtoein, than this is not for you. I left mine in for a couple of mintutes, making sure to maasage the product in. My feels soft and looks less frizzy. I found mine at Sally's for less than eight bucks.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this for a while. This product is really great if you have damaged hair, but not enough to use the damage treatment product (and I don't suggest using that until you know your hair is in some serious trouble). I have curly, thick, frizzy, dry hair. It was brittle and I knew it needed something. I use this by washing my hair then I put this on for 5 minutes and comb through. There's an immediate difference for me, but since I know my hair needs moisture I follow this with a deep conditioner that doesn't have a lot of protein in it. I do this once a week. I've tried the imitation joico protein treatment and a couple other protein things, but this is great,effective, and not expensive.

on 6/1/2007 6:02:00 PM

This is a good deep conditioner, but it's not as amazing as ApHogee's "treatment for damaged hair." It makes your hair soft, but it doesn't seem to repair the damage like the other product does. If your hair is really breaking and splitting, I'd recommend using the other treatment, then using a moisturizing treatment; if it's not too serious, the keratin reconstructor is cheaper, quicker, and MUCH easier to use. It smells much better and actually moisturizes in the same step! I don't think I'll buy this one again, but I'd still recommend this if you don't want to deal with the hardcore damaged-hair treatment.

(BTW, I think they have changed the name of the other one - it is now called "two-step protein treatment.)

I bought this on a recommendation from the Boards. My hair is very brittle, dry, and over-processed. I cant even run a comb through my hair without it breaking. So I was told this is a miracle in a bottle.....Works great, but no miracle. My hair is more moisturized, and softer, looks a little less fried. It definetely works better than the Pureology Reconstructor which literally dried my hair to straw. I used this with heat and with the shampoo and moisturizer that comes with the set. Ill keep this updated as I use it throughout the weeks for a weekly reconstructor.