3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

I love Nars "Night Fever" as a smokey eyeliner. I line my eye with a fine black eyeliner first, then use a slanted brush to apply Night Fever to give the smokey effect all the way around the eye. I like how the funky red colour in the pot is such a nice smokey black when applied. It is better than a dark grey or a true black eyeliner and easier to smudge than a similar MAC eyeshadow that I used previously. The first pot of Night Fever lasted me more than 2 years. I travel a lot and it finally crumbled to dust on the last airplane trip. I immediately went on a hunt for a replacement and ended up ordering it online.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

9 years ago

This is one of my first NARS eye shadows and I fell in love with it when I saw it in store - stunning dark grey with purple shimmer. However on eye lid it looks like a dirty grey without any shimmer whatsoever! I've tried appling it with a wet brush but it only ruined the surface of the shadow. Ive also attempted to apply it over a dark cream base (Stila smudgepot) but beautiful purple shimmer didn't show up either. If you want a plain dark grey you can get it for 1/2 and even 1/4 of the price from other brands.

About reviewer (208 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

11 years ago

I feel like I should stick up for this! It's difficult to work with but I still see it as a worthwhile addition to my make up bag. It's much the same as MAC's Beauty Marked - I've used both and they suffer from the same strengths and weaknesses, so you don't need both and it just comes down to personal preference. I find NARS are slightly better at shimmer and MAC are better at matte, and I feel like you get less glitter fall-out with NARS - but that's maybe just my personal prejudice! Remember, it IS a black shadow, so if you just apply it straight, that's what you're going to get. You need to pat it on over a red or purple base, preferably a sticky one. I like MAC's Artjam paint, or a pigment and mixing medium. I also like Night Fever as a crease colour with Urban Decay's Last Call (frosted purple) as a lid colour. Filthygorgeousmakeup has a great YouTube tutorial for Beauty Marked which is also very useful: basically you need patience, a light hand, a decent selection of brushes and some other red/purples which you can pat Beauty Marked or Night Fever over the top. If you want to put the effort in, BM/NF can look great - but it IS an effort...

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

1.0

12 years ago

This is the only NARS shadow I've ever returned. The color looked gorgeous but didn't really come out when I applied it to my eyes. The red shimmer didn't show at all and seemed like a regular black shadow.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

1.0
from

12 years ago

One of the worst eyeshadows I've tried. I succumbed to the enticing shimmer, but once applied it is a matte and unblendable black. Horrible!

About reviewer (84 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

EyesGreen

12 years ago

This is described as being black with red pearls, but I found it to be a deep smoky purple instead. I have a few other shadows from the Night series, and I've found Night Fever to be the least wearable because it goes on as more of a matte black, whereas the pearls in the other two I have show up more readily. One thing I've found that makes all of the Night shadows really pop is using NARS Brush #15; it delivers the perfect amount of smudgy, smoky definition. Anyway, I'd probably recommend Night Porter or Night Clubbing over this, but it's still a good choice for a night out.

About reviewer (1198 reviews)

SkinOily

EyesBlue

12 years ago

I luv Night Series! However, Night Fever isn't working for me. I tried every technique w/ this thing. (dry / wet / UDPP / Mixing Medium). The red pearl just isn't showing! I'd recommend Night Clubbing and Night Porter instead.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

12 years ago

Beautiful as liner, outer v, crease, or smokey lid color. Apply over base and MAC Flammable paint(red-based creme shadow). Use a wet brush and pat to pick-up as much pearl as possible. Smudges/blends very easily. Not alot of fall-out either. (DDD NW45) Don't like the packaging. Put another labeled on top to tell the colors apart.

About reviewer (835 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Dark, Neutral

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

13 years ago

In the pan, Night Fever looks awesome - black with a lot of red shimmer, but on my eyes it looks like a plain matte black. It's also very hard to blend. The red shimmer does show up a little bit when I use this wet as a liner, but it's not as noticeable as I hoped it would be. I'm so disappointed with this eyeshadow. The packaging is very messy. I always get black eyeshadow all other my fingers when I open it. I doubt that I'll ever finish it because I rarely use it. The last time I wore this was back in December.

About reviewer (175 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

13 years ago

I bought this a year ago and used it for a bit until I came across MAC Beauty Marked, which is a MUCH better version of this. I buy dark shadows to use as liners but to me, there is NO difference in ANY of NARS' Nightlife series of shadows. They ALL come out black to me, regardless of what I do. I'd rather save a couple bucks and buy BeautyMarked, which comes out more violet-ish and IMO is prettier all around.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinNormal