MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium
Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - MediumMineralize Skinfinish Natural - MediumMAC MSFN Medium Open

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Triethylhexanoin, Squalane, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Kaolin, Beta Vulgaris Root Extract, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Yeast Extract, Magnesium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Lysine, Tocopherol , Panthenol, Polysorbate 20, Lecithin, Tromethamine, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Simethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Isostearic Acid, Hexylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

on 8/17/2016 11:39:00 AM

I originally wrote the below review in 2014 and am reposting for a good reason.

I recently discovered panthenol breaks me out, so I've been trying to remember what products have historically also broken me out. The MAC Mineralize line (and literally any MAC skin products) have without fail, given me acne. And lo and behond, panthenol! And it seems like it happens to a lot of you, so many keep the panthenol thing in mind. Also, if you experience body breakouts, check your hair products for it :)

Original review:
This powder has a lovely finish that lasted all day on me with minimal oil breakthtough. It creates satiny, glowy skin but unfortunately it broke me out almost immediately. A good stand-in that I've found is the Sephora brand MicroSmooth powder. Similar in application, wear, and appearance on skin with a little less oil control (and a little cheaper). And no zits.

on 6/21/2016 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Overall, I'm really please with this product. It has a light feel and doesn't settle in my pores or look cakey. My routine is as follows: MAC face and body foundation, blush, MAC mineralize powder, and then a highlighter on my cheekbones for a nice, dewy look. The powder doesn't last as long as others, but works well. The magnetized container is ok, although a little hard to open.

To Read all 532 Reviews, Login or Join

This is my first MAC product and I had really high hopes since everyone who uses MAC loves it. I am kind of torn on this though....It is really natural and light but it does nothing for me oil/shine wise. I still have to use blot tissues and/or reapply more powder as I would with any other fact I feel like I have to use more of this....maybe it is not as good for us oily skin people???

on 5/20/2016 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So I purchased this product when it was initially released several years ago (in the shade Medium Golden) and ended up swapping it away. Cut to several years later I was looking for a light coverage powder that wasn't a bonafide foundation - just something to swipe over my face to cover up some spots of concealer - and I couldn't for the life of me remember why I had swapped this MSFN away. So I purchased one a couple weeks back, tried it out for a week, and like the previous reviewer's, my skin became oily as hell with this on. And that is WITH the MUFE HD Powder over it. One look in the mirror two hours after application and it was like, *Ahh. Now I remember why I swapped it.* Not only did it make my skin oily, it also made it look patchy as hell. I felt like a melting circus clown. Such a shame because I wanted to love it so much.

on 5/12/2016 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I heard such great things about MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural so I had to try it out. This product has a semi-matte finish and looks really nice when first applied. My problem is that my face turned into an oil slick within an hour of putting it on.. This powder has no oil control whatsoever.. I will be exchanging MSFN for the Pro Longwear Powder. I think that will be better for my combo skin.

on 5/6/2016 2:47:00 PM

I've used this product for a few years now the way the girl at MAC showed me how she used it.

Here's how I use this product as part of my makeup routine as a dry-faced gal:
1. Cleanse and tone skin, then heavily moisture with a Lush face cream (usually Celestial). Then apply my foundation (NC25 Mineralise Foundation). The moisturizer makes my face look a bit shiny once the foundation has been applied. I then use the Skinfinish powder to control the shine, mattify my make up to the desired degree and to make my skin look even. I am always happy with the result - dewy but not shiny, and makes for relatively long-lasting foundation wear.
2. I occasionally use this over blush that I may have been a bit too heavy handed with or over one of those heavily pigmented blushes that are a bit more difficult to control (I'm looking at you Flushed by Sleek!).

What I'm not so keen on:
Having very cool-toned skin, I have noticed that using this powder over my NC25 foundation does make it the sliiightest bit pink. This is why I'm planning on trying the relatively popular Kick Ass Reset Powder by another brand.

What I think overall:
Currently my go-to powder that I will definitely repurchase, but going to look for something with the same finish that is better suited for my heavy yellow undertones.

on 4/18/2016 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this product from Mac, it literally does what I wanted a powder to do. As it says in the name, its a natural product because some powders I have purchased look cloggy very cakey on the skin but this does not create that effect at all, which is why I love this product. I have purchased this product this year so I do have the up to date packaging which is all black and has the Mac logo on the front and inside it has a compact mirror, which if im correct the older packaging did not have a compact mirror, so im very pleased that Mac have redesigned their packaging for this product because I feel its so much more convenient. This product is just beautiful and I would definitely purchase this again and I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants a light natural powder. Overall I do recommend this product, and I do feel its worth the money.

UK: £24.00
USA: $32.00

Love this powder to set my make up I love a natural look but good coverage so this is perfect and you don't need loads to cover so Mine seems to last me ages! Wouldn't use any other powder now

on 4/15/2016 9:34:00 AM

Great powder to fix my face and body foundation. Very natural looking. I love it!

Unlike most people im not too happy with this. I know it's not supposed to control oil but its almost useless in that respect, i expected some control. The main reason i dont like it however, is that it makes my pores look worse. The select sheer powder is better in terms of this. It doesnt make a difference if apply it dry or wet. Lastly, i dont like the colour range. Light plus is yellow but too light then the one In medium is is too dark and neutral. I prefer the NC NW system. I will be going back to select sheer for minimising pores and pul control.