MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium
Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - MediumMineralize Skinfinish Natural - MediumMineralize Skinfinish Natural - MediumMineralize Skinfinish Natural - MediumMAC MSFN Medium Open

4.1

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Triethylhexanoin, Squalane, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Kaolin, Beta Vulgaris Root Extract, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Yeast Extract, Magnesium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Lysine, Tocopherol , Panthenol, Polysorbate 20, Lecithin, Tromethamine, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Simethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Isostearic Acid, Hexylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

on 4/16/2018 3:54:00 PM

Just finished my 2nd one! I use this as a bronzer but It can be on the orange side so for those with a paler / fair skin tone id recommend to get matched up instore. Lasts ages!! I also like to use it all over my face in the summer / on holiday or when I don’t want to wear a foundation. Would purchase again just want to try more brands and their bronzers

on 1/26/2018 12:54:00 PM

I love this powder so much, it really makes me look flawless. I used to used Rimmel stay matte but decided to try this as it was recommended for use with the Mac foundation I use. It is pricey but have never had a finish like it so it has now become my holy grail. It goes well over any foundation and helps to stop the shine developing.

on 1/12/2018 12:37:00 AM

I do like this powder, it's nice and finely milled - so fine that you can see little particles floating away when you run a brush over it. It is great for what I use it for - a setting powder and touch-up powder for during the day. Disappointed with the packaging...who does a powder compact without a mirror inside?? SERIOUSLY!? Aside from the lack of mirror, I'm pretty happy with this. Not sure whether it's got HG status with me but I'm yet to find anything better.

I'm so happy I invested in this!! At first I wasnt sure if it was any better than my previous MaxFactor but fast forward 3 weeks and I'd never go back. I apply this with a dense buffing brush and it gives a really nice even and flawless finish, with reasonable coverage for a powder. Combined with a good foundation it is truly beautiful.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this as my foundation, concealer, and setting powder. I am NW20/C3, light cool/neutral olive (God help me) complected and Medium is a perfect (YAY!) match for me. I like a more natural look and this provides just the right coverage. It's very buildable, without looking cake-y. I use either my MAC Stipple (for undereye area) or Real Techniques powder buffing (the rest of my face) brush. My skin is normal to dry and this product is very moisturizing and the finish is glowy like the natural glow my skin has right after I wash my face. I get the best results without moisturizer as a base because this makeup is moisturizing. Once my makeup is applied, I use this again as a setting powder, so for me it is a 3 in 1. A mist of rosewater and it stays on until I take it off at the end of a very long day. I love the packaging.This is my HG foundation/concealer/setting powder.

on 8/16/2017 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use this over a sunscreen or a BB cream if I want a bit of extra coverage and mattifying when I'm not wearing foundation. It has a nice silky texture with some color and coverage, without making me look too dry and powdery. The shade Medium Plus is flattering for my NW20 skin tone in the summer with Light Plus a better match in the winter.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this recently and after trying it for the first time, fell completely in loooove! It a subtle glowy powder with a slight sheen that doesn't look shimmery or overpowering on the skin, it's actually almost undetectable but it gives the skin a very gorgeous suffused look. I'm a MAC NC30 and I use the shade Medium Golden because I reckoned the Light shades would be a tad too light on me and this adds a lovely and subtle sunkissed glow to my face. I've used it on bare skin as well (over moisturiser) and it made my skin look like it had a cheeky airbrushed filter on it :D
I use it to set my makeup generally with a RT powder brush and it sits nicely on the skin. I love the packaging too, very sleek and straightforward.

I have only used this on top of my liquid foundation and concealer and beneath my MUFE setting powder. I apply it with the Sephora 91 brush (a huge powder brush) by dabbing it on top. I got it primarily for an additional layer of coverage rather than for setting power. I have tried it without the setting powder and it is a big disappointment and I think even makes my face look shinier than it does with just liquid foundation and nothing on top. I like the sheer coverage I get for touch ups throughout the day. I keep meaning to try this without anything underneath and probably will at some point this summer. I can definitely live without it but thought I'd give into the hype and try it. The packaging is great (way better than the old one now that it has a mirror) but it's quite expensive for something that is neither full coverage nor a setting powder.

on 8/17/2016 11:39:00 AM

PSA!!!!

I originally wrote the below review in 2014 and am reposting for a good reason.

I recently discovered panthenol breaks me out, so I've been trying to remember what products have historically also broken me out. The MAC Mineralize line (and literally any MAC skin products) have without fail, given me acne. And lo and behond, panthenol! And it seems like it happens to a lot of you, so many keep the panthenol thing in mind. Also, if you experience body breakouts, check your hair products for it :)

Original review:
This powder has a lovely finish that lasted all day on me with minimal oil breakthtough. It creates satiny, glowy skin but unfortunately it broke me out almost immediately. A good stand-in that I've found is the Sephora brand MicroSmooth powder. Similar in application, wear, and appearance on skin with a little less oil control (and a little cheaper). And no zits.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I am NC42 and purchased this in Medium Tan. I'm going to repurchase in Medium Plus next time as its a little dark. I love the formula. i have oily skin but use this to set my Garnier BB cream and Mac studio finish concealer. It works great and i don't have to blot as much as usual (normally wear studio fix powder). it hasn't broken me out and it doesn't melt off my face which is GREAT!!! I find this really simple to use. i apply it with my Mac select sheer puff that comes with that compact. I find it better than a brush as you can really press it into your skin without it looking cakey. It does transfer but i don't care as i am yet to find makeup that doesn't. I'll be sticking with this for sure as its my new HG. Only downside is the size of the mirror inside. it's f**king tiny.