3.9

price range

Reviews

2.0

3 months ago

This is not beige by any stretch of the imagination. 809 is a medium brown. It feels very good on and isn’t drying though. It just isn’t the color I wanted. Other reviews say it’s a dupe for Kevyn Aucoin tatjanaberry. That’s also way, way off. Would not repurchase this lipstick. However it’s possible I got a fake. I purchased it off amazon. The label says 809 but the side of the tube says Star Secrets not Aishwarya Rai, as in the picture above. Could be counterfeit.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairSilver

EyesGray

3.0

8 years ago

This review is for the "Linda Evangelista Beige #809", so I am not sure if it's the same beige, but it's one of the celebrity shades. I got this at Walmart on clearance last week for $2.29, which was a steal, particularly because they didn't have it marked(I hate when they do that) so I happened to price check it to discover it was. Anyway, this lipstick was so smooth and glided lovely on the lips. It was not matte at all. I was shocked at how good it felt. However the bad thing is it did nothing for my complexion. Because my skin is already brown this shade matched my skin perfectly, so it made it look as if I just had on a light brown sheer gloss or barely anything at all. I don't want my lipstick to look basic, I want it to have some definition. So I pulled out my faithful dark brown lip liner to see if I could see some improvement in the shade, but there was no hope, it was the same thing. It really looked as if I didn't have anything on my lips. I was sad too, because it was a good deal and it felt great on my lips and it would have been my first L'Oreal lipstick. But this did not work for me. The color was too much of a match.

About reviewer (175 reviews)

SkinOily, Dark

HairBlack

8 years ago

As soon as I found out this was a limited edition lippie, I went n got one for my mom and sis by default! We all have similar indian skintones...I'm a Bobbi Brown Honey with pigmented lips and WOW this colour works great on me! Its a perfect nude over a good lipliner! I love that its all buttery and makes my lips so soft and shiny like a gloss...its so perfect! I wish it wasn't LE...this would have been my HG nude lippie for ages!! Oh, and my mom n sis..both in love with it as much as I am!! :D

About reviewer (136 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

* Me - NC30, darkish pigmented lips * Review - I seem to have discovered this lipstick quite late in the game but as the saying goes, better late than never ;) This is a really nice natural color on me. It's a nude color that doesn't look like concealer or foundation on my lips nor does it disappear like a tinted lip balm either. It's my second MLBB lipstick, after the Linda Mauve 716 which is my favorite of the Star Secrets series from L'Oreal. * Cons - Typical L'Oreal lipstick scent. Hence, 1 lippie off the overall rating. * Price - €3.50 from a cosmetic discounter * Verdict - I will repurchase another one as a back-up before this disappears forever!

About reviewer (118 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

This is my other go to lipstick..especially when i do a dark smokey eye! I love the color and it looks great on me. Always makes me smile. I have 2 tubes and am currently trying to acquire more. I think it's Linda's beige 806 regularly but i want the one with Rai's siggy on it..i like the black tube better. If anybody has one they'd like to sell me or swap let me know.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

9 years ago

Beautiful. Plain and simple. Shows up lovely on my fair-medium skin tone. P.S. I have NEVER given a lippy a five star.

About reviewer (100 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

1.0

9 years ago

I'll start with a positive, the packaging is nice and so is the texture. The reason I didn't like this color is because it was too natural and didn't really show up on me at all. I guess it was too close to my natural lip color, perhaps it would show up better on someone that is more pale because I have a light to medium complexion with yellow tones. Also, in the advertisement for this color, it shows Aishwarya with lips that are very pink and shimmery. Obviously she is not really wearing this color (or a really pink pigmented gloss was layered over it or they digitally added the color). There is nothing pink about this color.

About reviewer (101 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

from

9 years ago

I'm very pale, so I can't honestly say why I picked up a lipstick designed for Aishwarya Rai! But I'm so glad I did. This is a gorgeous rosy nude, everyday, polished lipstick. I have turned several friends onto this color after they saw me apply it, so I'd say it works for a variety of skintones. I haven't been able to figure out if "Linda's Beige" is the same color, but I sure hope so because this is a product I would repurchase over and over.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Other

EyesOther

9 years ago

I was instantly satisfied with this product the first time i tried it.Its the perfect nude shade & i often get questioned about this shade when wearing it. I love this lipstick & how dewy it is. Its not dry at all. It goes on easily & lasts long. I bought 3 of these & stock up when i see them as they sell out so fast in most of the stores i go to.

About reviewer (294 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

Love this product! It's the perfect, browny pink nude lipstick that can easily be applied without a mirror and is the perfect smokey eye accompaniment for anyone who dislikes the very pale, dead lip look!!! It gives the most simpliest of outfits a fabulous polish, too. Worth purchasing before it's gone-I will be.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age19-24