Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.3

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i like the intensive formula out of all the other bases. It has the best coverage and the other bases had a little shimmer in it which i don't like. the intensive doesn't. it has good coverage and it is buildable but the only thing i don't like about this is that it makes my skin look kind of cakey and i have to put moisturizer everytime before i wear this. but so far, this is the best foundation i have tried. i've been using clinique perfectly real compact the last couple years but i think this wins it over. the EM foundation matches with my skin tone more.

on 10/12/2010 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using EDM for 2 years or something like that - always get back to it! I have tried many different foundations/powder - Loreal, Maybelline, Kanebo, Clinique, Mac. I love how this just melts on my skin, and the color is perfect, I use olive medium ( NC42) Just ordered a new one + finishing dust and some couple of samples.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Fine I love it ,this product not to harm cutaneous and make the skin feels smooth

on 8/15/2010 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this product. This product became an alternative for me when I found out that I had a horrible allergic reaction to the Bare Minerals foundation that contains Bismuth Oxychloride. I've used EDM for a few years now and I am very pleased. It gives me great coverage, it's light, and it works very well with my super oily skin. It doesn't break me out or make me itch either which was a terrible problem that I had with the Bare Minerals regular foundation. I was a little worried when EDM started using Lauroyl Lysine in their products but I have to say that even that didn't break me out and I get the same beautiful coverage that I always have with EDM intensive foundation. I like the new packaging as well..the half sifter with twist top so I can control how much or how little I want of the product at any given time. I also like the price. Though now that Bare Escentuals makes a matte foundation without the bismuth and it doesn't react to my skin and I do use it, I still keep my EDM around and just rotate the two. They both give great coverage..but come on.. you can't beat 12 bucks compared to 28. LOL! So EDM definitely beats out the Bare Minerals Matte as far as price is concerned hands down.

on 9/2/2009 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Received free samples of this foundation back when EM was still offering that option. I was really excited--I even bought the flat top kabuki brush that everyone was raving about so that I would have the best chance of correct application.
Sore disappointment. The color selection was good--I found a couple of shades that could work or could be combined to look ok. But the coverage and lasting ability were awful. The powder mixed with the oils in my skin and then settled into my pores, making them look even larger. After an hour or so I just looked dirty, and my skin itched, and I had to wash it all off. It never really looked like I had covered my flaws, either, even though I used a finishing power and tried several different application methods (wet, dry, spritzed, iced, dancing in the rain with unicorns...). I think mineral powders are just not for me.

on 3/30/2009 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I ordered a sample kit of this when my Bare Minerals started to run low. I was okay with using BM, but I wanted to see what else was out there and figured I couldn't go wrong with a free sample. I think this stuff is superior to BM and at a fraction of the price when you buy the full size. I also like that I can afford to purchase two colors at a time and mix them together to get a better shade match. This formula in particular gives me more coverage, which I need, and I think it even feels a little smoother and lighter going on than BM. Also, at times when I would get hot or sweat, BM made my skin itch slightly, but EDM doesn't. I can't swear that I won't try other foundations here and there (I sort of have makeup ADD :) ), but I'll most likely come back to this stuff!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i love this, gets oily, but its adds to that healthy glow. i use medium beige with a bit of medium summer beige. usually i wear my nc40, but its always been kind of grayish, muddy on me. but this combo looks great on me and i love the finish. update: broke out all over my face. plus, it gets super dry on me and goes from rough to greasy.

on 1/9/2009 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i got the sample kit in the shades medium beige summer(matte) buttered tan(matte) and medium tan in the intensive formula/ over all the best color match for me was medium tan..and i found that i liked both finished of matte and intensive..matte kept the oil out longer.
it looked good.. pores appeared smaller. and smoother finish. but within 2-3 days of wearing this stuff in a row, i had 2 huge cystic like zits. i stopped and will never put it on my face again.
i passed the sample bit that was left to 2 of my friends and they ALSO BROKE OUT! one of them has normal skin and NEVERRRR BREAKS OUT The other friend has combo skin and its rare for her to break out but she had a zit the very next day!!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased the little samples of the foundation when I heard through the grape vine how great of a product this was. I have to say I strongly disagree. I couldn't find a good color match if my life depended on it and I tried over 10 different shades. And even worse, I used this product for 2 days and suddenly I have all kinds of small bumps/pimples all around my mouth area and chin which I have never experienced before and they were extremely painful. I stopped using this and my skin cleared up. This may work for some people, just not for me. But the prices are amazing for the quantity that you get.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Awesome awesome pricing. Awesome awesome coverage. LOVE this product. Generally I'm a liquid foundation kinda girl (I need max coverage) but for everyday use I love EDM. Intensive leaves me looking a bit chalky but its the best coverage so to solve the chalky problem I mix Intensive with an Original Glo formulation and that seems to be the cure. Other than that, ZERO complaints from me. The company is a fantastic company. The fact that they offer free samples SPEAKS VERY HIGHLY OF THEIR INTEGRITY. The application of the foundation itself is smooth but if applied over a base (like Prep & Prime by MAC or even Monistat Anti-Chafing ointment *sounds weird I know but look up the reviews on it*) it applies even smoother. Great stuff. Definitely offers THE BEST COVERAGE and is the best priced mineral foundation out there. continued >>