Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Everyday Minerals - Intensive Formula Medium Beige

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 6/30/2010 10:10:00 PM

Once I tried Everyday Minerals, I don't want to put anything else on my face!! I love all EM products! Concealers, Foundations, Finishing dusts, blush, eyeshadows!! I love the option of original glo, intensive, semi-matte and matte formulas as well as a great variety of colors for all skin tones. Love that the ingredients are all natural.

I have tried all of the EM formulas, and this is my favorite by far. I am 40 and have have dry/combo skin and rosacea, so I need at least medium coverage. The Intensive formula gives me the coverage I need with just a few shakes. I use the flat-top brush to apply, and it's perfect. The EM website has good application tips. I always lightly rub in the foundation with clean slightly-damp fingers afterwards as well, for the most natural look, then apply a finely-milled powder to set. Of the EM powders I like the kaolin the best - it controls oil and doesn't seem to dry out my cheeks (of course I apply very sparingly to dry areas).

I found the Matte formula too powdery, the Semi-matte cakey when I applied enough to get coverage, and the Original Glo too thin (more like a tinted moisturizer in terms of coverage). I was worried the Intensive would look fake, but it actually looks more natural than any of the others did because I need less. Plus I can use a concealer brush to apply this to any blemishes or areas that need more coverage, and it works as well as the concealer! This formula even mixes well with moisturizer (I use Clinique DDML) as an undereye concealer.

I find the finish of this formula also to be the most natural, as it has enough sheen to look like natural skin without being in any way dewy or shiny.

Because this formula is more intense, the color is slightly darker than in the other formulas. I can use the Beige Fairly Light in O-Glo but need the Sandy Fair in this (me: fair Mac NC/NW15).

on 4/16/2009 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this formula! Took a little trying to find the right shade, but that's ok since you can get the free sample kit. I have very oily skin and this lasts as good as anything else I have tried and spent more money on. The blushes are great, too. I don't think I'll be going back to BE unless I break out from this, in which case I will update this.

The flat top brush is WONDERFUL, ten times better than the BE brushes, so soft.

Try it!

on 11/11/2008 9:21:00 PM

Great coverage - I use mine as a concealer. The intensive formula has more color choices, which makes it easier to blend. I am using the Golden Fair right now, but might go to sunlight as winter progresses.

on 7/18/2008 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Thank You Ladies! If it wasnt for you I woulnt have found this great company!I love this foundation.I am using beige sunkissed fair.This gives great coverage and feels good to.It doesnt have that horrid bismuth in it and gives a great finish.I have awful skin.Ive tried everything and this makes me feel comfortable leaving the house.The price is great and the free sample kit is awsome!It is worth a try! I have been at war with acne for 20 years now.I have spent thousands trying to cure it and cover it.At 35 im still at war with acne,acne scars ,and now wrinkles!There is no way I will ever have nice skin but this has helped me so much in feeling like I am pretty and that people arnt staring at the acne.And to me that is priceless!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this mineral foundation for over a year now and am very pleased with it. It looks far more natural than any liquid foundation I've ever used and the shade selection is extensive. I have an oily t zone and this doesn't control it alone so I definitely have to use finishing powder and blotting sheets to stay matte, especially in the summer months.
Now for the downside, I'm acne prone and my skin seriously purged for the first several months I used this foundation. I hung in there and continued with it simply because I hadn't found a better alternative. After a few months, the breakouts stopped and now my skin looks the best it's looked in years. I rarely get a breakout, and when I do it's minor. The only explanation I could come up with is that I had been using pore clogging liquid foundation for years and once I stopped my pores started ejecting all the built up junk. I'm very glad I hung in there with this foundation. I'm now a devoted user.

on 5/8/2008 2:51:00 PM

I've only bought the samples. The prices are really good. I'm not sure I will actually buy a full size, though. It's okay but the coverage isn't as "full" or creamy as I had expected it to be. It really doesn't cover at all if applied dry. I use a kabuki brush spritzed with water and apply it wet - it gives fuller coverage then. Really, the only coverage with powder mineral makeup I have ever liked was with Leza Gibbons' Sheer Cover. But you can't order that individually online so I've been searching for something comparable and less costly. Guess I'll keep looking.... :(

on 1/9/2008 12:40:00 PM

I just received my Everyday Minerals free sample kit. I bought all the colors in the intensive formula. Wow, this sampler is a wonderful way to try a product. This is my first application and I may be jumping the gun, but I am quite impressed with the coverage and the way the formula just melded with my skin. I had been using Bare Escentuals for 8 years, but was sick of waiting around for them to make my perfect foundation color. So I started sampling other companies. In BE, I was between a Fair and Fairly Light in the winter and between Fairly Light and Medium in the summer. I always had to mix!! Well, I just tried the Sunkissed Fair in the Everyday Minerals and I love how it looks. It is my coloring but with a hint of warmth...eliminating the need for a fair bronzer to warm me up! I also picked the Fawn and Fair Medium. I will have to update later on the different colors. All in all, this formula has fantastic coverage without looking or feeling heavy. I never could get this coverage from BE without layering different Bisques or without it starting to look cakey. The price and amount of product for the price is outstanding. I have to admit, I had been wearing Laura Mercier on and off while I sample companies but it does not have the coverage of the EDM Intensive formula. While I do love the LM for days where I don't need as much coverage, I again have to mix the Tender Rose and Real Sand...one is too pink and one is too dark. I am very pleased to find Everyday Minerals for great natural looking coverage (no mixing required b/c they have so many colors to choose from!!) at the perfect price!

on 10/18/2007 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I read the reviews here and I truly wanted to love Everyday Minerals. I do not. The color selection is good. The coverage is great, however, I turn into a giant greaseball by the end of the day. It's awful and gross. I feel like I've been in humidity all day when I haven't. I am really unhappy with this. So glad I only got a sample. EDIT: Okay. . .Now that I got my Fyrinnae full sized foundation, I realize where the beauty of EM is. The heavier coverage is great for around my eyes over my concealer. I like the EM concealer better for the eye area, but while I'm trying to use up what I already have, this isn't too shabby. :)

on 7/14/2007 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using my EM foundation sample for a week and I must say that I am very pleased with its performance. I'm kind of hard to please when it comes to foundation... everything I've ever used left my face feeling sticky. greasy, or stiff. EM foundation leaves my face feeling slightly powdery, but feels soft and comfortable all day. Never, ever does it feel caked or greasy.

Along those same picky lines, I've never found a color that matched my skin. Everything was either too yellow or too orange on me. EM's Fair (Neutral) was so amazingly close to my natural skin color that I actually did a little happy dance when I put it on for the first time! I was SO excited. :)

I was really, really skeptical about the coverage when I ordered the kit. I have some redness around the apples of my cheeks, and I was convinced that no powder foundation on Earth could cover it. WRONG! EM is truly buildable coverage, and rivals every liquid/creme I've ever tried. To add to that, since it's a powder, building coverage doesn't leave my face with streaky marks or uneven blotches.

I encourage everyone who reads this review to order the free sample kit from the EM website. The shipping is only $4 and they are a very generous size. If you hate it, at least you're only out $4, but I'm willing to bet you'll like it. continued >>