Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

A bit more detailed description of my skin: I've got surface dry yet oily skin. I've got enlarged pores on my cheeks, the evenness of my skin color depends on how well I've cared for it, I usually have redness on my cheeks and chin, and I do break out but mostly for hormonal reasons. My skin is a bit sensitive.

I've used semi-matte, matte and intensive bases. All of them have worked with me though intensive is something I use when my skin is in good condition and I need the extra shine/blemish control. Excellent for summers, as my skin is in it's best condition and the weather is quite hot and humid. Though, I have used the intensive when my skin has been the most flakiest and driest but it's not something I normally prefer. Semi-matte/matte are for those occasions because of the lighter feeling it gives for my face.

It's kinda funny how well the intensive and well, all the other bases too, hide all the flakes and signs of dryness even though they are powders. Creams and liquids won't work with me when the surface of my skin is just too damn dry yet these work as a charm and they don't leave my skin look ashy either. With this formula though, you gotta be even more careful to not overdo the application. You don't need that much foundation and the drier your skin is the less buffing is better. If you use too much or over buff it, it gives you that odd waxy/shiny look and makes the dryness of your skin show. Also I've noticed I need a primer or some sort of finishing powder to conceal my pores as all these formulas tend to show them more prominently.

The price is right for the amount/quality vs. all the other products available in my country.

on 3/31/2011 1:05:00 AM

i have to kinda agree with the post below mine - it is pretty life changing makeup! i ordered the samples in light and medium since im transitioning from winter -> spring -> summer. ive never used bare minerals before so i don't have a comparison between the two, but wow, this stuff is magic. since ive gotten this, ive put all my other foundations and concealers in the make-up-that's-not-used-so-much box. i tend to just use the intensive base as a concealer - i love how easy it is to do my makeup in the morning.. minerals trump liquid for ease of application! it has great coverage too - pimples or red patches are no problem. as far as i know, the ingredients are pretty natural, and there's only a few - nothing that irritates the skin like some other mineral makeup. the sample sizes are small, but they last!!! i don't see me needed to place an order for more any time soon, and best of all the first sample you get is free! so you really are only paying for shipping. i'm still figuring out the best color for my skin tone (and boy! do they have a lot of colors to choose from - there's a EM for everyone!) and I switch from intensive- matte. All this praise, but the true test will come this summer since i live in a pretty humid place, makeup tends to come off quicker than i can put it on. perhaps the perfect primer can solve that problem?! conclusion: cheap and wonderful - buy it!

on 11/18/2010 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has been my HG foundation since late 2007. I discovered it via a recommendation from my peeps @ Acne.org and I have been a huge fan ever since. The coverage is buildable and superb and my skin loves the formula. I have had zero breakouts from this product. I love the new containers with the sifters - it helps to keep the product in place with less mess. Apply this with a flat top foundation brush and VIOLA! perfection!!!!

on 10/9/2010 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I used Bareminerals for about 5yrs. I was Fairly Light. I use this in Fairly Light Neutral (which is a bit darker than BE fairly light). I have been using this for over 6 months, I'm not exactly sure of the date I started I have since made 3 purchases from the website so it must be a while. I'm still on my first full container of the base but I needed some other things.

I really like it better than Bareminerals. It doesn't cause cystic acne and I don't think it makes me break out. I do suffer from mild acne but this doesn't make that worse. I feel the coverage is very good. I also have redness in my cheeks and it completely makes that go away. It's not the best at concealing scars left behind from acne but I think I look very natural and I get more coverage than I ever did even from liquids (Revlon color stay did not give me this much coverage).

This feels really smooth on my skin. I don't feel itchy or irritated like I did with BE and other liquids.

I love the container, even though I hated the sifters from BE I like this. It's very wide compared to BE containers and I use the lid a lot for mixing and packing the brush with product.

You really can't beat the price and quality of this product. I waited a while to review and I honestly have found my HG.

on 6/30/2010 10:10:00 PM

Once I tried Everyday Minerals, I don't want to put anything else on my face!! I love all EM products! Concealers, Foundations, Finishing dusts, blush, eyeshadows!! I love the option of original glo, intensive, semi-matte and matte formulas as well as a great variety of colors for all skin tones. Love that the ingredients are all natural.

I ordered several sample sizes from this line. The foundation didn't work for me. It emphasized my pores and wrinkles and turned orange on me. I wasn't happy with the blushes either though the weekend getaway is a lovely color it just sits on my skin looking pretty dull. I kind of like the lavender concealer but still think it's nothing to write home about. I wish these products would work for me. Maybe people with fairly large pores don't do well with mineral makeup. I tend to do well with compact powder foundations. I like Lancome dual finish, Clinique the one in green that's not the almost makeup [ sorry I'm down to the last and the rest of the packaging is gone] and one I recently tried because of the reviews here Maybelline Pure Stay. Thanks everyone for the reviews. Keep em coming!

on 5/20/2010 1:28:00 PM

Oh how sad I am about this product. I found the perfect color for me and i love how this looks and feels on my skin but this stuff breaks me out sooo bad. Huge pimples everywhere (even under my chin) Not only pimples but these white bumps.. But what bothers me the most is i dont think their ingredients lists are the complete truth. Ive compared other brands that say they use the same stuff and even MORE and they dont break me out. makes me so sad. i wish i could use this.

I have this foundation in sunkissed fair and it is a perfect match for my skintone. When I get a little darker in the summer, I just add some of their bronzer to darken it up a little. This foundation works as well as the more expensive mineral makeup I have tried and I like the coverage better. I follow it up w/ the finishing powder and I am good to go. The only thing I don't like about all mineral make-ups-and this one is no exception-is how freakin messy it is!!! I hate that I can't travel due to how most of the product ends up in the lid. I did hear though that Everyday Minerals were putting in a covering over the sifter, so maybe it will be less messy :)

on 2/26/2010 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING!

Ladies, you HAVE to try this. It is the most natural and most beautiful makeup around.

Did you know that up to 60% of what you put on your skin is absorbed into your bloodstream? Switch to natural, you don't want all those nasty chemicals on you and inside of you! Those chemicals just end up harming your skin and you have to wear even more makeup to cover it up. EDM is so light and natural you can't help but feel good about wearing it.

It provides just the right amount of coverage, it evens out skin tone without making you look like you're wearing a mask. It's very reasonably priced, you can get samples of anything for $2.50 before you buy the full sized item and you get $5 free of samples with every order. You owe it to yourself to try this!

on 2/16/2010 6:52:00 PM

This foundation looks very chalky and fake on my face. I had a really hard time finding a color that would match my skin tone. It made my face very oily at the end of the day.
The customer service is really bad. One of my worst online buying experience.
I now use Alima pure instead and i'm fully satisfied!