Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.0

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love the opaqueness of the color, more coverage than BE & more matte, which is great for my oily skin. But it still doesn't last in hot/humid climates. It also itches like hell whenever I sweat.

on 3/14/2008 12:53:00 PM

This formula breaks me out the first time I used it. Coverage is very good, but my skin hates it. Would not try this formula again.

on 2/17/2008 5:35:00 PM

I really wanted to love this. The great thing about this line is the free samples you can get, to test try it. I tried several colors and finally found a color combo that worked for me (fairly light neutral, mixed with light olive). After a couple of weeks of trying, I just couldnt make this work. I have oily t-zone and this just made me look shiny and oily in no time flat. I really wanted a matted look, but somehow the intensive seemed masky and had an odd sheen to it. I had to reapply a couple of times a day and then I broke out in a weird pimply, rash along my jaw line - on both sides! I then tried using a primer before (laura mercier mineral primer), but the make-up still didn't stay put and the shiny face emerged again.

I guess mineral make-up is not for me. I'm back to liquid foundation. I'm so disappointed.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I began using foundations from this company in 2005. Since that time, thir foundations have gone through ingredient changes. And, this is something that is not unusual for any company to undergo.

Currently, all EDM foundations contain the addition of lauroyl lysine to them. I have never experienced any adverse reactions to any of the foundations they've ever released. And, my skin is very sensitive and acne-prone.

The Intensive formula is designed to provide the most coverage. If you have a lot of blemishes or hyperpigmentation, a separate concealer will definitely be needed. As, this foundation does not provide full coverage. Instead, it provides light-medium coverage at best.

I always make sure to use concealer underneath it (whether a mineral concealer or a cream one). Also, a finisher must be used over it for all day oil-control. Because, the foundation's oil-controlling properties are fair at best.

And, the foundation is quite affordable as well. As, it retails for $12. While most mineral companies sell their foundations for a whole lot more.

Overall, I do like this version the best. And, its the only one that I continue to buy from EDM.
I

on 5/2/2007 5:10:00 PM

I don't know how they do it, but this stuff gives you a flawless look that doesn't look artificial. I prefer the no-makeup fresh-faced dewy look that I get from Original Glo, but if I wanted to look polished I could use Intensive. It's pretty great, just not my style.

on 12/29/2006 1:06:00 AM

I am no mineral makeup expert (having only just started trying samples from various brands)... and I really wanted to like Everyday Minerals because I wanted to use something with the least amount of chemicals and EM's prices are so fantastic when compared to other brands.

Frankly, I was at first frustrated with the over-powdery, drying effects of buffing on powdered makeup. Tiny lines appeared on my cheeks and under my eyes, my pores looked huge. It was also really really difficult to find my perfect shade... EM offers so many options and the four shades I sampled were SO CLOSE.

Then I read online about applying mineral foundations with a DAMP Foundation brush and... WOW. This made all the difference! My skin feels smoother and silkier and looks great. I found that the Intensive formula does offer much beter coverage than the Semi-Matte. (I personally don't like the matte look.) EM's Foundations are also finer and softer than other brands I tried.

Just ordered a custom kit with 2 Foundations, 5 eye colors, 3 blushes, a concealer, Translucent powder and 2 makeup brushes for under $50!

**Update/Two weeks later: I am not crazy about the coverage especially on bad skin days. And I'm breaking out!!! Which is a pity because I really want to like EDM.

on 10/31/2006 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

After reading good reviews here, I was hurry to order sample and Starter kit at the same time. I ordered both intensive and matte foundations. It seemed good for first few applications but I realized that I got black heads on my nose. If I used a little bit more as I wanted more coverage, my face looked like as mask. I really wanted to like EM but the coverage is not good. I had shiny face in a few hours and this EM enjoys settling in the lines. I have four lines under my eyes and they looked like four “white lines”! This is quite contrary to what it was advertised. Their kabuki brush is too much itchy and shed like crazy. I had more than 10 hairs to remove each time I used it. On EM's website, satisfaction guarantee for 60 days but actual return policy in tiny words on the invoice is quite different. I am crossing my fingers to get full refund for my starter kit and going back to old Estee Lauder So Ingenious, which makes me very natural look except it is not MMU.