Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Everyday Mineral's Intensive base foundation has been LIFE-CHANGING for me! I have sort of combination skin, the primary issue being OIL. I used to wear primer, liquid foundation, and mineral foundation, and still, nothing helped. I'd have to blot my face within an hour, and completely reapply my mineral makeup within 4 hours. When my face would get oily, it felt like my make-up was sitting on my face like a mask. I couldn't stand it!

Then, I got my Everyday Minerals foundation samples. I ordered the Medium and Olive sample kits, and Buttered Tan fit me perfectly. I was tanning at the time, so by the time that sample ran out, my Sandy Medium ended up matching perfectly. This is the first time in my life I can say I ONLY wear mineral foundation, and barely any of it. A small amount of this foundation works wonders. It has cleared my skin and complexion up almost 360 in just three weeks. I am AMAZINGLY happy with this foundation! And the samples surprisingly last a long time. I wore this to a concert, and after 8 hours it looked flawless. Some days when it's humid I have to blot my face, but thats nothing. It covers flaws and red spots on my face perfectly. I do notice that if I wear my Hard Candy primer, it helps the foundation stay put even longer & better!

I would HIGHLY recommend this foundation to anyone, especially someone with oil and/or acne prone skin. I can't wait until my full sizes come in the mail! And for only $12 for a full size. That's the same price as drug store foundation. Incredible!

Sometimes I don't really understand this hype for mineral foundation. To me it's just foundation in powdered form (which I have also used in the past). Nothing's wrong with this product (I had it in Sweet Almond), you can get a lot of product in a relatively cheap price. You definitely need skills to make sure you don't overapply the foundation and end up in a powdery look. My problem with this foundation is that it melts in a few hours and turns dull, therefore I find this to be a rather mediocre product afterall.

I've been using EM's foundation for years. It works so amazing yet it is affordable. I love their wide selection of blush and eyeshadows as well. The intensive formula has a great coverage, I have a lot of dark spots and it covers them very well. A little goes a long way, it's buildable and look very natural.

on 12/18/2009 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Good coverage, great range of colors–however not only did it look pale in photos and make me break out, I sweat with some of this on and it got weird and cakey and looked terrible! I don't know if it's an issue with my skin (oily) but either way I was disappointed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I am olive skinned and Light Martian matches me very well.

I sometimes use it as a setting powder because although it applies very well it doesn't last, that's the problem I have with all mineral makeup though.

I really like this foundation, but it's not for you if you have hyper pigmentation.

Although I have tried all the formulations - I like intensive the best.

I am seriously addicted to Everyday Minerals - I love everything about it. The great choice of colours, formulations, service and great price.

Buy this product. Of course, it can look cakey if you use too much - just get out the MAC Fix and you will be perfect.

I read a lot about breakouts and I just want to make a few comments on this.

1. I have oily skin and really suffer a lot from hideous breakouts. I suffer breakouts all the time and this product doesn't do this - my skin is getting better I think.

2. I use a different brush (washed with anti-bacterial dishwashing liquid - this works really well!!) and a "mixing plate" everyday. I do not use the lid of the plastic container the minerals come in, I use a large plastic lid I get from buying preserved fruits in PET jars. (No joke). I save the lids, wash after use (anti-bacterial) and then use rubbing alcohol and dry.

I think that if you use the same brush (more than once) for this makeup you may breakout. Also, if you are using primer and then this makeup - this may be clogging your pores - causing breakouts. I actually am getting a few blackheads from the primer prior to using this... I am doing nose peels and using masks and exfoliating products every other day. Peoples - this works!

Remember to remove all your makeup really well. I use Cetaphil to remove most of it, then cleansing oil, then facial wash. Seem like a lot? Yep - but no breakouts!!

The only downside is that it does not stand up to humidity or sweating. In winter - it is pretty good though.

on 7/9/2009 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I like the intense formula but sometimes I prefer the orginal glow. It depends on the kind of coverage I am looking for. I use light or golden. The EDM foundations are my HG, they match my skin tone perfectly and they are so cheap and great great quality. It always feels like I have nothing on when I use it and I have been using it everyday for work for at about a year. Even though I love makeup and products, I am very lazy when it comes to actually doing my makeup. I don't like how long it takes to put it on and then the whole process of taking it off. (I know the next part will sound infomercial like but it's true) Since I started using everyday minerals, I actually started enjoying applying makeup everyday and people told me I had great skin even though I don't. I wish I had great skin but it was really the makeup. I always apply the intense formula wet because otherwise I find it looks very powdery and its not very natural looking.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this is my HG. i love this stuff, it's so cheap esp if u buy it in a kit, and i loved that they let me try out free samples first (as it took me FOREVER thru 3 free sample kits to finally find my PERFECT color). Never before have i found a perfect color match and it stays fairly well throughout the day and it doesn't clog my pores or break me out at all. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
p.s. i too mix my orig glow w/ the intensive so i get a bit more coverage, but still look natural and not cakey
here's a great website that compares the ingredients of EM and BE:

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love the opaqueness of the color, more coverage than BE & more matte, which is great for my oily skin. But it still doesn't last in hot/humid climates. It also itches like hell whenever I sweat.

on 4/19/2009 12:53:00 AM

Love this formula! I have acne scars from back when I would absentmindedly pick at my face, and this covers beautifully. Unfortunately, I got a shade too light in my Free Sample Kit, but I wore it around the house and I love how it covered and felt. Next time I'll be sure to get the right shade!