Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Everyday Minerals - Intensive Formula Medium Beige

3.9

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

I ordered the try me samples for fair skin tone, and this was by far my favorite. I have acne scars and some pimples and this makes them invisible! Ive tried so many things and this is the one!!! perfect coverage! I do need to reapply though because of my oily skin. but it absorbs oil and my skin feels clean. I am going to buy this again

on 3/9/2011 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I don't use the intensive formula as a foundation, to heavy for me (use the original glo). I got a sample of this and using it as a concealer instead. It's perfect for that. It covers everything.
So if you get a sample that fits your skin tone but don't want to wear all over your face - use as a concealer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My HG mineral makeup. I like a lot of coverage but I don't like it to feel or look like I have a lot coverage. This product is so perfect. It covers amazing and my skin always looks flawless. They have so many colors to choose from so your not limited like other brands and its so cheap! I get compliments on my skin and foundation all the time. I have sensitive skin that gets irritated and breaks out very easily and this stuff never causes me break outs. It's been a God sent. I try other mineral makeups but I always return to EM. For the intensive formula, its better to take out the sifter to get the product bc the minerals seem to be a little thicker then the original glow or other formulas. I found that the intensive formula can also double as a concealer when applied with a concealer brush. This product is great and I will continue to repurchase.

on 1/2/2011 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am so happy to find a foundation that matches my skin. I am a fair girl and this foundation matches so nicely. I used to use Bare Minerals but, I turned out to be allergic an ingredient in there regular foundation so I tried the matte foundation and I broke out constantly. I moved to Everyday Minerals from a recommendation and it is awesome. I don't have huge breakouts anymore and I don't have to mix two colors to get my skin color like I had to with bare minerals. The other cool thing is everytime you order from the site you get 5 free samples of the color foundations. I like this because in the summer I am darker so I can find colors to match or have backups when I run out and need to order. One sample container lasts like 7 days too. Also this foundation is only $12 campared to bare minerals you are saving a lot and you could buy two for the price of a bare minerals. This does have a little less product then the b.e containers but not by much. This may not be for everybody my sister love her Bare Minerals and broke out when trying to use Everyday Minerals but, shes been using bare minerals longer then anyone I know.

on 12/27/2010 7:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Found a colour match directly even though I have very fair skin! It looks really natural on the skin, but I would have wished for a bit more coverage. It tends to flake a bit around the dry parts of my face. Even though these small problems it's the best foundation I've ever tried and it help my acne-prone skin to stay acne free which is great! Oh and the container last forever so it's well worth it's price!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Everyday Minerals is a great company in general, they aim for costumer service! I went to their website and got my free sample of the Light kit and I fell in love with the intensive formula foundation. It covers so smoothly and evenly and I'm so happy with the formula type, the only draw-back was that the color was a little too dark for me so I have some other samples I order at $2.50 each! That is so check, shipping is even cheap, only $3! I'd say this formual top BE matte foundation in that it covers better and is more that half the price. EM also has a very wide range of shades to choose from which will make most customers very happy. The little sample jars a meant to last 5-7 days I think but I've been using my jar for about 3 wks and it's maybe half way gone. I haven't ordered the full size yet because I'm try to find the right color. My only complaint is that the sample jars are soooooo tiny, I have a hard time maneuvering my brush around. I actually got one of my smaller tupperware lids that didn't have a bowl and I tap the product into it a little at a time so I can get it on my brush better. Also what's great is that I'm oily skinned and while this doesn't completely mattify my skin it helps better than anything I've tried. Works super fantastic on my under eye circles too!

Edit: As it turns out I've discovered that Mica (the main ingredient in this) if AWFUL for oily skin, it gives the strangest shine to the face when your skin get oily. It's so not attractive. Wished this could have worked for me since it's relatively cheap but I just cannot handle looking like I've been spray painted with a yellowish gold shimmer.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have sensitive, reactive skin. I have used this foundation for the past few years. I have had no problems with it. It gives good coverage. I picked it because of the ewg rating on it being safe. I have been happy with it.

on 3/5/2010 8:00:00 PM

First of all I'd like to say that this stuff makes BE foundations look like cheap cheap crap!! This is what I thought BE was supossed to be when I bought the starter kit and wasted $60. I wish someone had told me that what I was looking for was just a few clicks away for a fraction of the price sooner ($12 full size, $2.50 sample size). I have this in Fair and it is a good match for cool toned fair skin like mine. This gives great coverage for a mineral foundation (medium buildable) and is semi-matte with no glitter, shimmer, or sparkle (yay!!). I also got the flat top brush from everyday minerals and I'm wondering how I ever lived without it before! Only $10 and it's one of the softest brushes I own. Gives a beautiful application and can be used to buff or stipple on liquid foundation too. Overall really love this as an everyday foundation. One lippie off for only being available via the internet and I wish it had a locking sifter to avoid messes. Everyday Minerals gets extra points though for selling samples (still working on mine after 3 weeks wearing 3 or 4 times a week) and giving out free sample kits with any purchase!

EDM offers a lot of choices in terms of shades so you can easily find not only one but probably 3 or 4 shades that can match or compliment your skin tone. The colour selection is phenomenal and outstanding compared to many other cosmetic brands and the company also offers trial samples so that you can try out the product before committing to the full size and it really helps especially for mineral makeup newbie like me. However, I found the foundation (or what they call base) too drying for me after trying different finishes. I have combination skin (but my skin never flakes so it is not dry for sure) and have tried everything to ease the dryness because I sooo wanted to like the foundation - i have tried layering on smashbox makeup base, lanolin or tons of moisturizer prior to application, but after a few days, my cheeks literally hurt and red spots and microcapillary appeared so i had to stop using the foundation. That's too bad because the colour is so perfect and I like the look and the coverage. I will save this one for my troipical vacation.

on 2/7/2010 4:15:00 PM

I have a hard time with mineral foundations now; wore them for years but now that I'm in my 50's they tend to dry my skin out. I've never liked the really glowy stuff and the matte or semi matte stuff usually does not cover as well. And these days the glowy stuff is not friendly to wrinkles! So after sampling I ended up with FAWN which is a damned good match, it covers anything very well, not irritations and is matte but not dead flat, which is perfect.