Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 7/13/2011 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought a too dark/olive shade for my winter nc35 skin but i just mix half with half of the matte EM base I have and it gives a great coverage for a powder! seriously, i didn't think a powder could cover quite so much of my pimples, acne scars and skin pigmentation. I moisturised really well with a moisturising primer, then & applied with the EM flat top kabuki. I really enjoy buffing this into my skin. It creates a flawless base. I then the EM concealer brush to pat on some of the EM intensive concealer (this doesn't cover that well, but then again its just another layer of powder over trouble spots. I finish with the EM finshing veil. I highly rec that product to give the face a natural soft focus finish. Spritz with a littel bit of aveene thermal spring water to set mu & i;m done. Seriously this covers & evens my complexion as well as liquid foundation. It also wears better so that at the end of the day my makeup still looks a heap better than liquid foundation. Highly rec Everday minerals, particualry the intensive base for oily/acne prone skin for some serious duty coverage.

I really, really wanted to like this product. It's more affordable than many other mineral products. It has good coverage that's not cakey. Unfortunately, it gave me whiteheads. My skin's acne-prone, but I've never gotten many tiny whiteheads around my cheeks until I used this :(
I won't be buying this product again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Everyday Mineral's Intensive base foundation has been LIFE-CHANGING for me! I have sort of combination skin, the primary issue being OIL. I used to wear primer, liquid foundation, and mineral foundation, and still, nothing helped. I'd have to blot my face within an hour, and completely reapply my mineral makeup within 4 hours. When my face would get oily, it felt like my make-up was sitting on my face like a mask. I couldn't stand it!

Then, I got my Everyday Minerals foundation samples. I ordered the Medium and Olive sample kits, and Buttered Tan fit me perfectly. I was tanning at the time, so by the time that sample ran out, my Sandy Medium ended up matching perfectly. This is the first time in my life I can say I ONLY wear mineral foundation, and barely any of it. A small amount of this foundation works wonders. It has cleared my skin and complexion up almost 360 in just three weeks. I am AMAZINGLY happy with this foundation! And the samples surprisingly last a long time. I wore this to a concert, and after 8 hours it looked flawless. Some days when it's humid I have to blot my face, but thats nothing. It covers flaws and red spots on my face perfectly. I do notice that if I wear my Hard Candy primer, it helps the foundation stay put even longer & better!

I would HIGHLY recommend this foundation to anyone, especially someone with oil and/or acne prone skin. I can't wait until my full sizes come in the mail! And for only $12 for a full size. That's the same price as drug store foundation. Incredible!

on 11/18/2010 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has been my HG foundation since late 2007. I discovered it via a recommendation from my peeps @ Acne.org and I have been a huge fan ever since. The coverage is buildable and superb and my skin loves the formula. I have had zero breakouts from this product. I love the new containers with the sifters - it helps to keep the product in place with less mess. Apply this with a flat top foundation brush and VIOLA! perfection!!!!

on 7/14/2010 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I wanted to try some mineral makeup for my acne prone skin so I gave this a shot. I tried BE before but it made my face itch. What a mistake! Within a week I had big cysts on my cheeks and forehead that took a few weeks to clear up. I have hormonal acne which is just around my mouth area but this made me break out everywhere, and I only applied one layer. Will not purchase again.

on 7/8/2010 2:13:00 PM

Everyday Minerals Pressed Power in Medium Beige. I was excited to get me new pressed powder as I love mineral makeup and wanted to try the pressed version, The packaging is nice.

I stoked the brush in the compact and it was very messy. The color is a good match in the compact but when I put it on my face it was gross. It looked like I put dirt on my face. It made my pores look bigger and my face brokeout from it. Worth a try, Will stick with my Senna MM

on 5/11/2010 12:20:00 AM

i love Everyday Minerals in Intensive, it gives me great coverage, but i do have to put concealer over my under eye circles and blemishes. i finnd that it you want a make it more of a liquidy try mixing it with your moisterizer and a drop of water. and to ast longer put a sheer powder over it and spray it with mac fix +. I love using the intensive formal. It has never broken me out and i feel like its more gentle bare minerial, but that's just me.

on 3/12/2010 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

UPDATE: Turns out my face reaction was from the benzaclin and retin-a doing it's thing by burning and itching and giving me the worst initial break out of my life NOT everyday minerals.. my face has cleared up substantially since I wrote the negative review (retin-a tends to make your skin disgusting before getting better, finally getting better!! =D)

I love everyday minerals now .. I don't use intensive because I prefer the matte formulation.. but I am sure intensive is great as other reviewers have remarked..

I love the price of this foundation .. you get so much , top quality for such a low price and the brushes are the best out there for just 10 dollars.. I LOVE that each time I purchase an order, I simply enter in a promo code and always score a free full sized goodie, from eye shadows to liners, to bronzers .. I also love that they are so confident with the product that free samples are given .. the samples last way more than 3 to 5 uses and can be mixed so that you can away with using these as a back up god forbid you run out of your full sized everyday minerals..

==========================

I am itching like crazy right now: my face was clearing up since starting my benzaclin/retin-A routine. I ditched bare minerals because I thought the Bismuthe ingredient was irritating my skin and read great reviews about everyday minerals. I tried the sample kit, and bought intensive and matte three days later... Everything was fine. The coverage kind of looked cakey and made me insanely oily (even though I am suffering with DRY skin from the acne treatments), but I figured over time I would learn to perfect application. I was so excited about everyday minerals that I bought brushes, and 3 foundations: 2 in intensive and 1 in matter. Now I feel like an utter fool because my face is in severe pain.. covered in cysts on my chin, jaw line, fore head, and cheeks. I look disgusting and feel itchy and horrible. I want to cry, but it would hurt my skin to MOVE. I don't know if this is the result of using monistat as a primer twice .. or if I am allergic to the mineral make up, perhaps I don't wash my brushes enough (but hear that washing too much causes bristle damage) or maybe I am buffing the product in too much and clogging my pores? I DON"T KNOW ALL I KNOW IS THAT I AM SUFFERING ITCHY AND IN PAIN. MY SKIN HURTS!! Liquid foundation never did this to me, whyyyyy did I decide to try minerals?!?! Should I return the products and get my money back .. should I wait and see if it was the monistat primer? ahhh !!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is great for me! I have dry/normal skin, and this does not dry my skin (I MUST remember to moisturize first!). This formula is supposed to be good for all skin types. It is also matte which I prefer, and also therefore I do not use original glo (too shiny).
With a little foundation at a time, you can build up the coverage you want. I just like to "even out" my skin, not hide it - look like I have been "photoshopped" in real life :D

(I have tried the new foundation with Lauroyl Lysine in it. And I cannot see or feel any difference)

(I like this much better than Tikei's mineral foundation which itches and my skin looks more wrinklier than it really is.)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

best mmu ever! i've been using this brand for over a year. I could only say good things about them and this makeup. great coverage. better then bare minerals or any other mmu and i've tried soo many! it does not look cakey at all. the costumer service is just lovely also. i would buy again and again and i recommend this to everyone who wants a good makeup!