Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 8/15/2010 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this product. This product became an alternative for me when I found out that I had a horrible allergic reaction to the Bare Minerals foundation that contains Bismuth Oxychloride. I've used EDM for a few years now and I am very pleased. It gives me great coverage, it's light, and it works very well with my super oily skin. It doesn't break me out or make me itch either which was a terrible problem that I had with the Bare Minerals regular foundation. I was a little worried when EDM started using Lauroyl Lysine in their products but I have to say that even that didn't break me out and I get the same beautiful coverage that I always have with EDM intensive foundation. I like the new packaging as well..the half sifter with twist top so I can control how much or how little I want of the product at any given time. I also like the price. Though now that Bare Escentuals makes a matte foundation without the bismuth and it doesn't react to my skin and I do use it, I still keep my EDM around and just rotate the two. They both give great coverage..but come on.. you can't beat 12 bucks compared to 28. LOL! So EDM definitely beats out the Bare Minerals Matte as far as price is concerned hands down.

on 1/9/2010 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used this foundation for 8 or 9 months. I have combo/oily, acne prone skin. The coverage was beautiful when first applied and covered acne scarring well, but it did not last more than 4 or 5 hours. After 9 or 10 hours (i.e., by the time I got home from work), this foundation would separate, pool and cake in spots. Blotting helped, but would remove the product, and reapplication would cake entirely too much. Other formulas did not provide the coverage I needed, that's why I used Intensive. I was loyal to EDM and stuck with their base for longer than I should have. I finally stopped using it two weeks ago for many reasons, chief among them was that I suspected it was contributing to my acne. Low and behold, after two weeks with no EDM foundation touching my skin, my major breakouts have stopped. I had been dealing with both large papules & pustules as well as small hard bumps / cysts on my jawline and under my chin (I would blend the base into my neck as well). These have amazingly and happily ceased since I stopped using this foundation. FYI I started purchasing from EDM in March, 2009 and every base I bought & used had a white lid. I can no longer purchase, support or recommend Everyday Minerals products based on my experience with the product not to mention their poor customer service practices (they have discontinued products & services after saying they wouldn't, and there is legitimate concern among many former EDM users that they change their formulations without adequate notice).