Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 3/9/2011 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I don't use the intensive formula as a foundation, to heavy for me (use the original glo). I got a sample of this and using it as a concealer instead. It's perfect for that. It covers everything.
So if you get a sample that fits your skin tone but don't want to wear all over your face - use as a concealer.

on 12/27/2010 7:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Found a colour match directly even though I have very fair skin! It looks really natural on the skin, but I would have wished for a bit more coverage. It tends to flake a bit around the dry parts of my face. Even though these small problems it's the best foundation I've ever tried and it help my acne-prone skin to stay acne free which is great! Oh and the container last forever so it's well worth it's price!

on 8/15/2010 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this product. This product became an alternative for me when I found out that I had a horrible allergic reaction to the Bare Minerals foundation that contains Bismuth Oxychloride. I've used EDM for a few years now and I am very pleased. It gives me great coverage, it's light, and it works very well with my super oily skin. It doesn't break me out or make me itch either which was a terrible problem that I had with the Bare Minerals regular foundation. I was a little worried when EDM started using Lauroyl Lysine in their products but I have to say that even that didn't break me out and I get the same beautiful coverage that I always have with EDM intensive foundation. I like the new packaging as well..the half sifter with twist top so I can control how much or how little I want of the product at any given time. I also like the price. Though now that Bare Escentuals makes a matte foundation without the bismuth and it doesn't react to my skin and I do use it, I still keep my EDM around and just rotate the two. They both give great coverage..but come on.. you can't beat 12 bucks compared to 28. LOL! So EDM definitely beats out the Bare Minerals Matte as far as price is concerned hands down.

on 1/9/2010 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used this foundation for 8 or 9 months. I have combo/oily, acne prone skin. The coverage was beautiful when first applied and covered acne scarring well, but it did not last more than 4 or 5 hours. After 9 or 10 hours (i.e., by the time I got home from work), this foundation would separate, pool and cake in spots. Blotting helped, but would remove the product, and reapplication would cake entirely too much. Other formulas did not provide the coverage I needed, that's why I used Intensive. I was loyal to EDM and stuck with their base for longer than I should have. I finally stopped using it two weeks ago for many reasons, chief among them was that I suspected it was contributing to my acne. Low and behold, after two weeks with no EDM foundation touching my skin, my major breakouts have stopped. I had been dealing with both large papules & pustules as well as small hard bumps / cysts on my jawline and under my chin (I would blend the base into my neck as well). These have amazingly and happily ceased since I stopped using this foundation. FYI I started purchasing from EDM in March, 2009 and every base I bought & used had a white lid. I can no longer purchase, support or recommend Everyday Minerals products based on my experience with the product not to mention their poor customer service practices (they have discontinued products & services after saying they wouldn't, and there is legitimate concern among many former EDM users that they change their formulations without adequate notice).

on 12/20/2009 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I got this in the sample kit they used to have.To me,it's very much the same as the matte formula,and didn't do much for me.I just ran out of it this month though,and I've had it since June,so it lasts really long for a sample.The lid literally cracks off after some time,which is odd.I'll stick to liquid foundation for the winter.Maybe I'll switch back to powder in the summer.

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love this foundation, it looks totally natural and, amazingly flawless. (: I love it, people always say I have great skin when I wear it. It's superrrr natural loving it. :D This is my go to foundation! My favorite mineral foundation, never switching this one. (: One of my all time favorites.

on 4/23/2009 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This was really bad for me. The only good thing is that I only ordered the sample kit. The little jars are kind of cute but it was hard to take the sticker off the sifter holes for me and I didnt know were to put the powder to swirl it on my brush b/c the top and container are too small.

The foundation its self has potential to be great but there arent any colors for someone with my skin tone and I'm not even very dark. The colors I used Tan and Deep Tan were just wrong wrong wrong. I don't see where they are getting the undertones they are claiming theses colors are. The tan looked the best on my skin even though it was too light. I don't mind a foundation that is a little light b/c it will likely oxidize and this is too light to do that with. The deep tan is closer to my skin tone but it is gray and ashy. I am starting to think they don't think they make minerals for someone with my skin tone. I am a NC45/50 or Revlon Caramel. BM has too light and too dark for me with no in between. The closest match has been Revlon Colorstay Minerals in Deep which I use sometimes it goes on maybe a half a shade too light and settles into a great match but, its kinda oily.

I don't recommend this for deeper skin tones. The blush I got from them is really pretty though.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is LOVE! EM is the first mineral makeup I have used and because it is so freaking great, has been the ONLY mineral makeup I have used (well, except for MAC, of course!) You need a really great kabuki brush to get it to work for you the way it should though. I wouldn't recommend the brushes EM sells though. I would recommend you invest your money in MAC's 182 buffer brush. It's beyond awesome. I've been using this for the past 2 years. My skin has changed drastically. I still get breakouts, but not nearly as much. It also blends into my skin SO well! With liquid foundations, they are always darker. (I'm NC15 in MAC-- possibly lighter!) Everyday Minerals just blends into my face so flawlessy and the intensive formula is the BEST! I tried other formulas with the free sample kit I got, but Intensive was the best. It gave me good coverage and also gave off a nice dewy natural looking glow.

And the great thing about EM is that they always have specials going on, so you could get a certain percentage off your order. Just check the website. They also give free stuff if you reach a certain dollar amount in your order. Again, check the website. They also do not test on animals, which of course, is superb.

I cannot say enough great things about this line of makeup. I just use their foundations and concealers though. It has really helped save my face!

on 1/9/2009 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I like these foundations, but they are a bit dark sometimes. I ordered the 12 piece kit without thinking, and some of them are too dark but the others are too light so i have to mix them up. They do provide excellent coverage, but the thing is that if you don't use a mixing medium, just a primer, it will come off very fast. I've been using water and spraying it on my brush and it's working a ton better.

on 12/31/2008 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

This is a wonderful company with great color choices and prices. But my hyper skin was allergic to this mmu. Even my eyes swelled. Won't try any formula again.

But love their blushes, have them in 5 colors and have reviewed elsewhere.