Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Everyday Minerals - Intensive Formula Medium Beige

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm sorry to say but I'm joining the "disappointed club". I was using EM for 2 years, loved it, was my favorite brand. I got bases, shadows, blushes, brushes and lipsticks from them and was fairly happy with everything, specially foundation and brushes. And I got so many complements for my skin! All my friends wanted to know what foundation I'm using and buy the same. Yes, I had to use a primer to keep it from patching and to apply smoothly, but that was it. But then I started to get these breakouts on my neck line, deep, painful, and they would not go away for long. I stopped using EM and they disappeared, but I would not give up on EM so easily! So sometime later I tried again, I started using EM, and breakouts came back almost immediately. And I repeated my experiment again.. There is now no doubt in my mind that they were caused by EM. And I don't know what happened, did they change the formula, or my skin just got "tired" of it.. But I don't think that is because lauroyl lysine, that ingredient is in many products (toners, eye shadows, powders) and I never got any reactions to that.

So - 5 stars if you don't get those break outs, and using a primer. But for me, it is useless now, and it's a pity.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have sensitive, reactive skin. I have used this foundation for the past few years. I have had no problems with it. It gives good coverage. I picked it because of the ewg rating on it being safe. I have been happy with it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is great for me! I have dry/normal skin, and this does not dry my skin (I MUST remember to moisturize first!). This formula is supposed to be good for all skin types. It is also matte which I prefer, and also therefore I do not use original glo (too shiny).
With a little foundation at a time, you can build up the coverage you want. I just like to "even out" my skin, not hide it - look like I have been "photoshopped" in real life :D

(I have tried the new foundation with Lauroyl Lysine in it. And I cannot see or feel any difference)

(I like this much better than Tikei's mineral foundation which itches and my skin looks more wrinklier than it really is.)

I own EDM's foundations in all four formulas. I'd use them on different occasions, depending on a) the occasion and/or b) the condition of my skin.
I tend to use the Intensive formula whenever I go to a major event (Christmas party etc) or if my skin shows lots of imperfections/exess oil. The formula provides great coverage without any shine and stays on perfectly all day/night long, covering spots and hiding enlarged pores.
As with all mineral foundations powders it's important not to use too much powder; start with a smaller amount and build up to achieve the desired coverage!

on 10/21/2009 3:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the bast mineral foundation I have found so far. The coverage is perfect for me (sheer to medium). It can be difficult to find your perfect shade though so make sure you order the free samples first. Love this brand of foundation.

on 9/27/2009 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

If you have cool undertones and the lightest shade at the drugstore may be too dark for you, try EDM Fair. I use the intensive formula to hide the effects of cystic acne.

Everyday Minerals Intensive foundation in "Fair" is almost my HG - and it perfectly compliments my HG EDM "Walkee Talkee" blush!

If only EDM offered a liquid version, since I fear inhaling all that powder!

Also, methinks the EDM powders might be overly reflective in photos, since, even when I wear the next deeper shade (which doesn't look good with Walkee Talkee), I always look ghostly in photos. So, I started wearing Cargo Blu Ray when I know photos might be taken in order to warm up my complexion. But EDM Fair is the best match for my skin hue in real life.

Plus, EDM makes it so easy to try and find the right shades and textures for you.

on 10/6/2008 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love EDM foundation in intensive. It normally gives me the coverage I need to get an even teint without looking like painted. This wasn't like that from the beginning, I had to learn that specially with this formula, "less is more" - too many layers will look awful after a while. Now that I got the trick I don't want to go out without it. Besides that they do have so many shades so you'll definitly find one fitting for you.
The only downfall of this product is the packaging for the big jar version, it is impossible to NOT create a mess. I hope the new packages, which will be realsed soon, will deal with this.

on 8/4/2008 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is 100% better than Bare Minerals, which I used for years before I knew there were other mineral options out there. I learned about EM from the acne.org board and also learned that BM contains bismuth oxychloride which causes itching and breakouts in some people (me!). I like how you can build the coverage and that it comes in a gazillion shades. You just have to be patient and persistent in finding the right one. I settled on a blend of Olive Fair & Sandy Fair (with a touch of Fairly Light Neutral for summer).

on 3/18/2008 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been using the intensive formula in Golden fair for some time now and was happy with it. It covers extremely well, giving a creamy finish I love. Actually it covers so well, that I often use it as concealer for blemishes and dark shadows as well. The staying power on me is not impressive though, especially on my sweating nose it only lasts half a day. And my front becomes oily as well after half a day. Recently I decided to reinvestigate my choice of formula and shade (Golden fair might be a tad too ligh for me, altough this kind of compensates the Tinted silk dust being a bit dark). I tried again the matte formula which might seem the logical choice for my oily skin. The matte definitely has less coverage and it does not control oil better...it is easier to apply though, being less creamy it doesn't cake. So even if it doesn't give the nice creamy finish of the intensive it might still be a good choice for good skin days and when I'm in a rush. I will probably use the full size Intensive golden fair I just reordered, but I will also order some other shades and I am tempted to try Alima's foundation and retry the Lily Lolo's. I am hoping for more staying power, but maybe staying power on a sweaty nose is just too much to ask for.

on 1/20/2008 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have lots of samples from EM, in different shades and formulations, and never really used them.
One day recently I self-tanned, so I needed a darker shade of foundation, and I stumbled upon this one, luckily I had a sample of Summer Beige.
I applied it with my Alima 25 brush, and because I kept reading that this foundation can look cakey, I tried to put on just a tiny amount, making sure the powder was completely absorbed in the bristles. Perfection. I had no idea this foundation was so good! Not only did it match my fake tan, but it covered all my old acne scars completely, and my face looked airbrushed.
I didn't use any primer, only some pressed powder later on, and I was worried it might make me oily - but no, it looked very good for as long as I had it on.
So now I'm set to try all of the other samples I have from EM, keeping in mind that the key to it looking its best is to apply very little product and buff it very well into your skin.
EDIT 10/16/2008: Nope, not working. After a while it started making me shiny and itchy, and it disappeared from my face rather fast. I don't think MMU is for me!