Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

For reference, I'm NC 15 with golden undertones and my perfect match is Golden Fair. I tried the matte formula years ago and hated it because it exacerbated my oily skin and made my face itch. So a couple years ago, I bought the Golden Fair pressed compact and it was the first MMU that I actually used right down to the pan while I was on Accutane. I didn't think it bothered my skin at the time, even though I was still breaking out on Accutane, but when I stopped the Accutane after my 6 month course and changed to Larenim pressed base, my skin suddenly completely cleared up, so I'm thinking that my skin didn't like the pressed version, even though it didn't have anything harmful in it. When my oily skin came back, i tried the pressed compact again and had to return it because it transferred like crazy and broke me out again.

So, long story short, desperation made me turn back to trying EDM again since the Golden Fair shade matched my skin tone so perfectly and I really liked the coverage of the pressed compact. I'm on my second course of Accutane now, so I'm not worrying about controlling my oil at the moment because I'm bone dry, he he.

I'll update if this breaks me out, but I just wanted to review saying that the coverage is pretty good, but it's not "heavy" or "maximum coverage". For me with my current acne and post acne scarring, I need several coats to get the coverage I want, but I am impressed that it still looks incredibly natural with 3 or 4 coats (after using a concealer brush on trouble areas). The color is really my perfect match and the finish is satin---not matte like the web site states. I imagine that with oily skin, this foundation would melt right off, so beware of that.

Also, right after I placed my order for EDM, I got samples of Lauress Cosmetics and fell in love, so right now I'm using the EDM until my full sized order of Lauress comes in. If you're looking for some seriously heavy duty, but natural looking coverage, then look no further than Lauress' Ethereal foundation. It's simply amazing and for the 3 days that I wore it all over my face (sample sizes aren't that big), my skin actually started calming down and clearing up a bit. Gentle Ivory is my match, but EDM's Golden Fair matches slightly better because it has a stronger gold undertone. So, if anything, now that I have EDM's foundation in the full size and if I find that it doesn't break me out, I can put a light layer over the Lauress foundation to add more gold, but I probably won't bother because the Ivory is really close enough. I'll keep EDM as a back up for now since the color is spot on.

I'll update with any conclusive results.

****UPDATE**** After a week of using this product all over my face, along with the rest of my Lauress Ethereal Foundation applied as a concealer to trouble areas, my skin has cleared up tremendously! All the negative reviews of this product since the formula changed kind of scared me off to fully accepting this product, but I'm so happy that I tried it again, anyway. For me, my skin was completely flipping out prior to me using this product and now after only one week of regular use, I only have 1 pimple and all the tiny white bumps that were over every milimeter of my face have completely smoothed out and disappeared. I'm amazed and am so incredibly happy. I just got my Lauress order in the mail with my full sized foundation, so I'll probably use it as a concealer and the EDM foundation all over the rest of my face, since I know it doesn't irritate my skin, but actually seems to be improving it. I never thought I'd be able to say that! I always thought the "anti-inflammatory" claims of MMU companies were exaggerated.

This foundation is definitely worth a try!

on 7/13/2011 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a MUST for people who have Rosacea like me. My skin was irritated and getting bumps from liquid foundations, even the Oil-free ones, and I was at my wit's end when I stumbled upon Everyday Minerals. I got the free + shipping trial pack and found my HG match in the Intensive formula. The other formulas don't give me enough coverage on my cheeks, which are very prone to redness and being rash-y looking. The intensive formula covers up my redness 95% of the way, which is amazing. It even gives better coverage than liquid foundation does, but feels very light on, I don't feel like I'm wearing a mask at all, which is how liquid foundation felt on me. I apply it to the top of my cheeks and alone the planes of my face with a blush brush-Ecotools- and then I put some more on my Ecotools mini kabuki brush and buff it out along the edges of my face and my outer cheeks.

The only con I'd say is that it can give a powdery appearance to the top of your skin if you have very dry skin like me. I usually have to wear lotion underneath to stop this and it works most of the time. To be honest, the coverage I get from this more than makes up for the slightly dry effect it makes.

Anyway, I'm NC15-20 in Mac, Revlon Colorstay "Buff" and in EDM wear "Fair" in Winter and "Fairly Light" in Spring/Summer.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm sorry to say but I'm joining the "disappointed club". I was using EM for 2 years, loved it, was my favorite brand. I got bases, shadows, blushes, brushes and lipsticks from them and was fairly happy with everything, specially foundation and brushes. And I got so many complements for my skin! All my friends wanted to know what foundation I'm using and buy the same. Yes, I had to use a primer to keep it from patching and to apply smoothly, but that was it. But then I started to get these breakouts on my neck line, deep, painful, and they would not go away for long. I stopped using EM and they disappeared, but I would not give up on EM so easily! So sometime later I tried again, I started using EM, and breakouts came back almost immediately. And I repeated my experiment again.. There is now no doubt in my mind that they were caused by EM. And I don't know what happened, did they change the formula, or my skin just got "tired" of it.. But I don't think that is because lauroyl lysine, that ingredient is in many products (toners, eye shadows, powders) and I never got any reactions to that.

So - 5 stars if you don't get those break outs, and using a primer. But for me, it is useless now, and it's a pity.

on 6/18/2011 5:27:00 PM

Its great foundation provides heavier coverage and is great for very oily skin BUT you need to know how to use it and what cream to use under! It took me some time and gave me some trouble to find my best way.
If you wont moisturize your skin really good, this will extremely dry out your skin! Also while using it with dry brush it gives me cakey effect, so I can use it only with wet brush-then it looks natural and cover everything.
The key I think is in the way you put it on your face. Now Im using it as concealer because I just dont need that heavy coverage and it works very well.
Package is not the most useful.
� used it with everyday minerals long handled kabuki.

on 3/31/2011 1:05:00 AM

i have to kinda agree with the post below mine - it is pretty life changing makeup! i ordered the samples in light and medium since im transitioning from winter -> spring -> summer. ive never used bare minerals before so i don't have a comparison between the two, but wow, this stuff is magic. since ive gotten this, ive put all my other foundations and concealers in the make-up-that's-not-used-so-much box. i tend to just use the intensive base as a concealer - i love how easy it is to do my makeup in the morning.. minerals trump liquid for ease of application! it has great coverage too - pimples or red patches are no problem. as far as i know, the ingredients are pretty natural, and there's only a few - nothing that irritates the skin like some other mineral makeup. the sample sizes are small, but they last!!! i don't see me needed to place an order for more any time soon, and best of all the first sample you get is free! so you really are only paying for shipping. i'm still figuring out the best color for my skin tone (and boy! do they have a lot of colors to choose from - there's a EM for everyone!) and I switch from intensive- matte. All this praise, but the true test will come this summer since i live in a pretty humid place, makeup tends to come off quicker than i can put it on. perhaps the perfect primer can solve that problem?! conclusion: cheap and wonderful - buy it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Everyday Mineral's Intensive base foundation has been LIFE-CHANGING for me! I have sort of combination skin, the primary issue being OIL. I used to wear primer, liquid foundation, and mineral foundation, and still, nothing helped. I'd have to blot my face within an hour, and completely reapply my mineral makeup within 4 hours. When my face would get oily, it felt like my make-up was sitting on my face like a mask. I couldn't stand it!

Then, I got my Everyday Minerals foundation samples. I ordered the Medium and Olive sample kits, and Buttered Tan fit me perfectly. I was tanning at the time, so by the time that sample ran out, my Sandy Medium ended up matching perfectly. This is the first time in my life I can say I ONLY wear mineral foundation, and barely any of it. A small amount of this foundation works wonders. It has cleared my skin and complexion up almost 360 in just three weeks. I am AMAZINGLY happy with this foundation! And the samples surprisingly last a long time. I wore this to a concert, and after 8 hours it looked flawless. Some days when it's humid I have to blot my face, but thats nothing. It covers flaws and red spots on my face perfectly. I do notice that if I wear my Hard Candy primer, it helps the foundation stay put even longer & better!

I would HIGHLY recommend this foundation to anyone, especially someone with oil and/or acne prone skin. I can't wait until my full sizes come in the mail! And for only $12 for a full size. That's the same price as drug store foundation. Incredible!

on 3/11/2011 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Used to looove it! But now I break out as never before!! And the customer service is shit. Think it is because they've become more "famous".. Not buying this again, unfortenatly

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My HG mineral makeup. I like a lot of coverage but I don't like it to feel or look like I have a lot coverage. This product is so perfect. It covers amazing and my skin always looks flawless. They have so many colors to choose from so your not limited like other brands and its so cheap! I get compliments on my skin and foundation all the time. I have sensitive skin that gets irritated and breaks out very easily and this stuff never causes me break outs. It's been a God sent. I try other mineral makeups but I always return to EM. For the intensive formula, its better to take out the sifter to get the product bc the minerals seem to be a little thicker then the original glow or other formulas. I found that the intensive formula can also double as a concealer when applied with a concealer brush. This product is great and I will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Using this foundation took some time and experimenting to figure out, but it was well worth it in the end!
I was ready to give up on it when I first started using it because it would become really chalky and bumpy around my nose area, it was really disappointing! I fixed it by mixing 50/50 (give or take) of the foundation and the finishing dust and using a concealer brush to really get a good amount on my nose area. And WOW, the finish was flawless!
Also, when my skin becomes oily (and I mean I get OILY) it doesn't shift under my nose as much, it still does a bit, but it's not really as noticeable as before.
I hope this works for others who have been experiencing this problem!
Try it out (:

on 11/18/2010 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has been my HG foundation since late 2007. I discovered it via a recommendation from my peeps @ Acne.org and I have been a huge fan ever since. The coverage is buildable and superb and my skin loves the formula. I have had zero breakouts from this product. I love the new containers with the sifters - it helps to keep the product in place with less mess. Apply this with a flat top foundation brush and VIOLA! perfection!!!!