Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

I used to be Everyday Mineral's #1 fan! But their products and customer service is just a mess! The intensive base used to be creamy and sink in like a second skin, but now it is chalky, caky and just sits on top! The company has changed its philosophy and the quality of their product. It never used to break me out and now my cheeks are a mess with under the skin cysts that take months to subside. I am so upset! I bought 12 containers last time I ordered since I thought it was my HG. UGH UGH UGH. Save your skin the inflammation and scarring! Worst of all, when I contacted EDM they were sarcastic and downright rude. A few times they didn't answer and others they openly didn't care about my frustration.

I've started looking into Cat Cosmetics. Only a few ingredients and I've heard rave reviews about the people behind the brand.

on 11/12/2010 8:57:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE this foundation, my HG! Feels great on my skin, it looks natural, easy to find a match for my skin tone, it's really cheap and it doesn't make my skin look oily during the day. I get good coverage from this foundation, and it's doesn't take a lot of product for me to get the look that I want :)

on 10/9/2010 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I used Bareminerals for about 5yrs. I was Fairly Light. I use this in Fairly Light Neutral (which is a bit darker than BE fairly light). I have been using this for over 6 months, I'm not exactly sure of the date I started I have since made 3 purchases from the website so it must be a while. I'm still on my first full container of the base but I needed some other things.

I really like it better than Bareminerals. It doesn't cause cystic acne and I don't think it makes me break out. I do suffer from mild acne but this doesn't make that worse. I feel the coverage is very good. I also have redness in my cheeks and it completely makes that go away. It's not the best at concealing scars left behind from acne but I think I look very natural and I get more coverage than I ever did even from liquids (Revlon color stay did not give me this much coverage).

This feels really smooth on my skin. I don't feel itchy or irritated like I did with BE and other liquids.

I love the container, even though I hated the sifters from BE I like this. It's very wide compared to BE containers and I use the lid a lot for mixing and packing the brush with product.

You really can't beat the price and quality of this product. I waited a while to review and I honestly have found my HG.

on 5/11/2010 12:20:00 AM

i love Everyday Minerals in Intensive, it gives me great coverage, but i do have to put concealer over my under eye circles and blemishes. i finnd that it you want a make it more of a liquidy try mixing it with your moisterizer and a drop of water. and to ast longer put a sheer powder over it and spray it with mac fix +. I love using the intensive formal. It has never broken me out and i feel like its more gentle bare minerial, but that's just me.

on 3/26/2010 10:42:00 AM

This formula gives a slightly chalky and flat finish compared to the others. It also gets shiny on me after a couple of hours. I find that the matte gives just as good coverage.

This foundation looks great on my skin but after a couple days of using it my face started breaking out really bad. This foundation also dried out my skin. I have tried the other formulas in EDM but they also gave me breakouts.

on 1/14/2010 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I quickly found my perfect shade by mixing two colors. I LOVED its over all coverage when used as my primary foundation: My strategy is to wash, moisturize and wait a couple minutes, spot treat acne&acne scars with Revlons Concealer Stick, spot treat leftovers with EDM Multi-tasking Concealer powder with a small concealer brush (pat in, don't rub in!!!!) use the foundation then blush &finishing powder.
Pros- Simple ingredient list didn't worsen my acne, the color selection is large, drugstore prices, excellent coverage when used properly.

Cons- For the first hour of wearing it you look cakey and terrible, then it sinks in and you look great for 4-5 hours, touch ups/blotting are needed after those hours for EVERY skin type; but overly doing either of those tends to make it looks patchy, cakey, terrible again?! :-/

on 12/7/2009 8:25:00 PM

The intensive formula gave me a lot of bumps (I don't have a better word to describe them) that I had never had before it took almost a month to clear up I won't ever touch this stuff again not even with a stick.

on 11/27/2009 8:09:00 PM

This is going to be a similar review to my review on the Semi-Matte formula. While the EM samples were really cheap, and I had no problem with the packing, the problem I do have with these foundations is that they just don't show up on my face. Although the coverage is noticably heavier than the Semi-Matte upon application, this makeup just disappears minutes after it's applied - it settles into my skin and ends up accentuating my flakies and oilies. I once applied this foundation (with Kaolin Powder Sunlight underneath and Daydream blush on the cheeks) and 30 minutes later my friends ask me if I was going to put any makeup on before we went out! My skin looked exactly the same as it did without makeup, and believe you me, I do not have great skin without makeup! The other thing that was kind of weird was that while Semi Matte in Golden Fair was my perfect match, Intensive in Golden Fair seemed a little pinker (and maybe slightly darker, as many users warned would happen with the Intense formula). Plus the color is really flat, and the finish is a bit dull (is it too much to ask that a makeup give both good coverage and a healthy-looking finish?) I used the EM flat top brush to apply. Wish I could find a chemical-free makeup that really worked!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've tried Lily Lolo and Sheer Cover before, and it really made my skin clear up from acne and I was happy. But reading alot about Everyday Minerals I decided to try it.

I found a perfect color match and when first applying it did cover well, but it looked HORRIBLE after a few hours, even when using a primer.
But I still liked the coverage and kept using it.

After about a week my skin had broke out like crazy. I was getting huge pimples that hurt my face really bad.
Also it gave me pimples on my nose and forehead, even though I litterally never get any break outs in those places.

I wouldn't recommend this (or the mint concealer) if you have acneprone skin.

Edit: Okay, I was harsh on this just for the fact that it breaks me out.
I actually raised the grading from two to four because if this wouldn't break me out, it would be my HG foundation. It looks so amazing.
Full coverage, natual and long lasting. So, definitaly try it!