Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 7/13/2011 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a MUST for people who have Rosacea like me. My skin was irritated and getting bumps from liquid foundations, even the Oil-free ones, and I was at my wit's end when I stumbled upon Everyday Minerals. I got the free + shipping trial pack and found my HG match in the Intensive formula. The other formulas don't give me enough coverage on my cheeks, which are very prone to redness and being rash-y looking. The intensive formula covers up my redness 95% of the way, which is amazing. It even gives better coverage than liquid foundation does, but feels very light on, I don't feel like I'm wearing a mask at all, which is how liquid foundation felt on me. I apply it to the top of my cheeks and alone the planes of my face with a blush brush-Ecotools- and then I put some more on my Ecotools mini kabuki brush and buff it out along the edges of my face and my outer cheeks.

The only con I'd say is that it can give a powdery appearance to the top of your skin if you have very dry skin like me. I usually have to wear lotion underneath to stop this and it works most of the time. To be honest, the coverage I get from this more than makes up for the slightly dry effect it makes.

Anyway, I'm NC15-20 in Mac, Revlon Colorstay "Buff" and in EDM wear "Fair" in Winter and "Fairly Light" in Spring/Summer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My HG mineral makeup. I like a lot of coverage but I don't like it to feel or look like I have a lot coverage. This product is so perfect. It covers amazing and my skin always looks flawless. They have so many colors to choose from so your not limited like other brands and its so cheap! I get compliments on my skin and foundation all the time. I have sensitive skin that gets irritated and breaks out very easily and this stuff never causes me break outs. It's been a God sent. I try other mineral makeups but I always return to EM. For the intensive formula, its better to take out the sifter to get the product bc the minerals seem to be a little thicker then the original glow or other formulas. I found that the intensive formula can also double as a concealer when applied with a concealer brush. This product is great and I will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

For me, what is most fabulous about this foundation...is no bismuth oxychloride. HURRAY! My mineral foundation does not itch! This foundation evens out my skin tone like no foundation ever has- and it looks natural. It looks like my real skin- not skin with foundation on it- but clear glowing skin...even if I have blemishes underneath. It makes redness disappear on me. I kind of feel like it's a magic eraser for my face lol!

The price blows me away..it's $12 ..which is a fraction of what other foundations cost. The sifting jars are nice. You can close the sifter part, then screw on the top- so when you open it up again..you don't have product flailing everywhere. (I wish mineral eyeshadow came like this)
I will buy this OVER and OVER again. I have been wearing/covering with mac for years..but this foundation has changed my skin for the better! I want to yell it from the roof tops! HA!

For reference I'm a mac nc25 (on the lighter end)...I use EM fairly light neutral...and it is a perfect match! If you are a darker nc25 this may be too light for you.

on 10/9/2010 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I used Bareminerals for about 5yrs. I was Fairly Light. I use this in Fairly Light Neutral (which is a bit darker than BE fairly light). I have been using this for over 6 months, I'm not exactly sure of the date I started I have since made 3 purchases from the website so it must be a while. I'm still on my first full container of the base but I needed some other things.

I really like it better than Bareminerals. It doesn't cause cystic acne and I don't think it makes me break out. I do suffer from mild acne but this doesn't make that worse. I feel the coverage is very good. I also have redness in my cheeks and it completely makes that go away. It's not the best at concealing scars left behind from acne but I think I look very natural and I get more coverage than I ever did even from liquids (Revlon color stay did not give me this much coverage).

This feels really smooth on my skin. I don't feel itchy or irritated like I did with BE and other liquids.

I love the container, even though I hated the sifters from BE I like this. It's very wide compared to BE containers and I use the lid a lot for mixing and packing the brush with product.

You really can't beat the price and quality of this product. I waited a while to review and I honestly have found my HG.

on 6/30/2010 10:10:00 PM

Once I tried Everyday Minerals, I don't want to put anything else on my face!! I love all EM products! Concealers, Foundations, Finishing dusts, blush, eyeshadows!! I love the option of original glo, intensive, semi-matte and matte formulas as well as a great variety of colors for all skin tones. Love that the ingredients are all natural.

This foundation looks great on my skin but after a couple days of using it my face started breaking out really bad. This foundation also dried out my skin. I have tried the other formulas in EDM but they also gave me breakouts.

on 2/17/2010 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you ask me if I'll buy this product again six months ago, I'll tell you Yes. The product is actually decent, it covers my imperfections quite nicely and evens out my skin tone. It's very effortless to apply using their Flat Top brush and for a short stint of time I switched to Laura Mercier to try their liquid foundation but always come back to this because of its ease of application.

Now, I'm so displeased to find that the correct shade for my skin named "Perfect" has been removed from their website. On top of that, they used to ship to my country but now, no longer. What is the point of encouraging people to try different shades to find a suitable match just to remove it altogether? The selection is now so limited, it's pitiful. I have also heard they shut down the forum without warning, but that's another case altogether. I don't care so much for EM anymore, I'm off to look at Bare Escentuals to find the right match (again). The only thing I will bother to get from EM is their Multi-tasking concealer, but I'm thinking of switching as well.

on 2/7/2010 4:15:00 PM

I have a hard time with mineral foundations now; wore them for years but now that I'm in my 50's they tend to dry my skin out. I've never liked the really glowy stuff and the matte or semi matte stuff usually does not cover as well. And these days the glowy stuff is not friendly to wrinkles! So after sampling I ended up with FAWN which is a damned good match, it covers anything very well, not irritations and is matte but not dead flat, which is perfect.

on 10/15/2009 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It's kinda lame they discontinued the free sample kits! That's why I gave them an overall rating of 4, haha. I loved having the freedom of picking my own shades, since it can be pretty tough... being pale with no strong undertones. I was lucky enough to have ordered a few sample kits, after running out of one. I found that the Linen shade suits me perfectly.

I like the coverage this provides, and it doesn't make me break out (I have hormonal breakouts anyway, but I can usually tell if a product makes me break out).

on 8/20/2009 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love the intensive formula as I can use this in the Summer ('cause the color is a bit more intensive and I use the Semi-matte formula in the Winter time).
It gives good coverage, but also makes your skin look healthy.