Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 4/16/2009 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this formula! Took a little trying to find the right shade, but that's ok since you can get the free sample kit. I have very oily skin and this lasts as good as anything else I have tried and spent more money on. The blushes are great, too. I don't think I'll be going back to BE unless I break out from this, in which case I will update this.

The flat top brush is WONDERFUL, ten times better than the BE brushes, so soft.

Try it!

on 1/12/2008 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

(Please see my pictures for a full-size before and after makeover of Everyday Minerals)

I have just recently switched to EM after cautiously reading and comparing EM to BE on this website. I have very oily skin, usually have to wipe off oil 1/2 way throughout my work day and again when I get home...which means I'm easily acceptable to acne.

I tried several rounds of the samples. It took a few times to figure out the best color on me and how to apply it. Here are my tips:

1) I still felt like I had to wipe oil off 1/2 through the day until I purchased the FINISHING DUST. This made a huge difference in cutting down the greasiness. (Just make sure you moisturize well, I imagine on dry skin it would make it really dry!)

2) A GOOD BRUSH MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE! I bought a cheap $5 brush at Ulta to try the samples and I finally ordered the flat-top Kabuki brush from EM's website. You will not find a cheaper, more awesome brush out there. This puts it on so flawless, I look airbrushed afterwards! I have NEVER experienced any make up like it before.

3) A little bit goes a long, long way! You can always apply more, so start out using a dab. The first time I tried the foundation on (I chose the wrong color which didn't help) I looked like the Hulk. My face looked like clay-mation. lol

4) I felt like the intense foundation was a bit too intense :)... so I just stick to matte shades and the Finishing Dust.

5) Don't be afraid to mix colors. I found out by trying several rounds of samples that my best foundation color is about 1/2 and 1/2 of Sandy Medium & Medium Summer. I love the mixing jar!

That's all I can think of right now...:).

I have to start by saying that I am usually a harsh critic but I can't say enough good things about EM. I have been fighting acne for as long as I can remember. For years I have been using Tinted Oxy as my foundation and Maybeline Shine Free pressed powder. I've been using EM for over a month now and I swear I think this stuff is making my face clear up...even when I forget to wash my face before I go to bed!

I'm such a dork now, I just love to put on my make up. I look forward to it every morning. I recommend taking my hints/advice and trying this today if you have skin similar to mine. I'm almost sad that they didn't offer this when I was in high school. I would've loved to have flawless skin back then. continued >>

on 7/14/2007 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using my EM foundation sample for a week and I must say that I am very pleased with its performance. I'm kind of hard to please when it comes to foundation... everything I've ever used left my face feeling sticky. greasy, or stiff. EM foundation leaves my face feeling slightly powdery, but feels soft and comfortable all day. Never, ever does it feel caked or greasy.

Along those same picky lines, I've never found a color that matched my skin. Everything was either too yellow or too orange on me. EM's Fair (Neutral) was so amazingly close to my natural skin color that I actually did a little happy dance when I put it on for the first time! I was SO excited. :)

I was really, really skeptical about the coverage when I ordered the kit. I have some redness around the apples of my cheeks, and I was convinced that no powder foundation on Earth could cover it. WRONG! EM is truly buildable coverage, and rivals every liquid/creme I've ever tried. To add to that, since it's a powder, building coverage doesn't leave my face with streaky marks or uneven blotches.

I encourage everyone who reads this review to order the free sample kit from the EM website. The shipping is only $4 and they are a very generous size. If you hate it, at least you're only out $4, but I'm willing to bet you'll like it. continued >>

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm quite happy with the semi-matte and matte formulas, but heard this might be the best of the bunch...so I ordered a mini-sized version in "Fairly Light" (Now called "Fairly Light Warm"). At the same time I ordered a mini Fairly Light in matte, but when they arrived I was a bit surprised to see the colour of the intensive formula is a bit more beige/neutral based. No matter, because upon application there is no noticeable differences from the matte formula. The intensive formula applies smoothly (feels ever so slightly more "creamy") and does seem to have a somewhat heavier coverage than others, so a single layer suffices me. Supposedly the finish is "satin", but no matter how I look at it, it's matte. It also lasts very well on my oily, sensitive skin and causes no problems. Once I finish up the minis and samples, I'd definitely buy this in regular size. Great product.