Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Everyday Minerals - Intensive Formula Medium Beige

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for about 5 years now, since Everyday Minerals first came out with their intensive formula. It is by far my favourite foundation. The colour Golden Fair perfectly matches my fair and slightly yellow-undertoned skin, and it provides great coverage that lasts the whole day. What I love about this company's foundations is that you can't even feel them on your face. With normal foundation I feel like I'm wearing a mask-- this just feels like my skin. It's easy to apply and blend with a kabuki brush, and as my skin gets a bit of a tan for the summer, it's easy to mix in a little bit of a darker colour and create the perfect one for my skin tone.
I use the foundation as a concealer as well (none of their concealers match my skin tone very well) and it works well for that purpose too.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Everyday Mineral's Intensive base foundation has been LIFE-CHANGING for me! I have sort of combination skin, the primary issue being OIL. I used to wear primer, liquid foundation, and mineral foundation, and still, nothing helped. I'd have to blot my face within an hour, and completely reapply my mineral makeup within 4 hours. When my face would get oily, it felt like my make-up was sitting on my face like a mask. I couldn't stand it!

Then, I got my Everyday Minerals foundation samples. I ordered the Medium and Olive sample kits, and Buttered Tan fit me perfectly. I was tanning at the time, so by the time that sample ran out, my Sandy Medium ended up matching perfectly. This is the first time in my life I can say I ONLY wear mineral foundation, and barely any of it. A small amount of this foundation works wonders. It has cleared my skin and complexion up almost 360 in just three weeks. I am AMAZINGLY happy with this foundation! And the samples surprisingly last a long time. I wore this to a concert, and after 8 hours it looked flawless. Some days when it's humid I have to blot my face, but thats nothing. It covers flaws and red spots on my face perfectly. I do notice that if I wear my Hard Candy primer, it helps the foundation stay put even longer & better!

I would HIGHLY recommend this foundation to anyone, especially someone with oil and/or acne prone skin. I can't wait until my full sizes come in the mail! And for only $12 for a full size. That's the same price as drug store foundation. Incredible!

on 1/2/2011 1:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am so happy to find a foundation that matches my skin. I am a fair girl and this foundation matches so nicely. I used to use Bare Minerals but, I turned out to be allergic an ingredient in there regular foundation so I tried the matte foundation and I broke out constantly. I moved to Everyday Minerals from a recommendation and it is awesome. I don't have huge breakouts anymore and I don't have to mix two colors to get my skin color like I had to with bare minerals. The other cool thing is everytime you order from the site you get 5 free samples of the color foundations. I like this because in the summer I am darker so I can find colors to match or have backups when I run out and need to order. One sample container lasts like 7 days too. Also this foundation is only $12 campared to bare minerals you are saving a lot and you could buy two for the price of a bare minerals. This does have a little less product then the b.e containers but not by much. This may not be for everybody my sister love her Bare Minerals and broke out when trying to use Everyday Minerals but, shes been using bare minerals longer then anyone I know.

on 12/11/2010 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Everyday Minerals is my favorite brand. I'm fair complected so it's hard to find a foundation that matches my skin color. I didn't have any problem finding a match with Everyday Minerals. I have a lot of red in my skin and the foundation covers it pretty well on it's own but I also use the mint corrector which you apply first. The corrector covers the red completely so when you apply the foundation the red is completely invisible. The intensive formula is full coverage and it does really well. It doesn't feel "cakey" or "heavy". I have oily skin and I do not have a shiny face throughout the day when using this make up. I own many of their products including eye colors and cheek colors. My favorite combination for fair complexions is the dvr saturday blush with champagne "sparkle" over top of it.

on 12/2/2010 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Reasons why I don't like it:
- Looks powdery (On a scale of 1 - 5: 3)
- Pores look a lot more obvious (On a scale of 1 - 5: 3)
- Not that great of coverage (On a scale of 1 - 5: 3)

I usually use a mixing medium when I apply to get rid of some of the 'powdery' look. I had a hard time buffing it into my skin .. it kind of leaves patches .. I'm starting to wonder if my Physicians Formula and Maybelline Mineral Power was actually better than this ..

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Everyday Minerals is a great company in general, they aim for costumer service! I went to their website and got my free sample of the Light kit and I fell in love with the intensive formula foundation. It covers so smoothly and evenly and I'm so happy with the formula type, the only draw-back was that the color was a little too dark for me so I have some other samples I order at $2.50 each! That is so check, shipping is even cheap, only $3! I'd say this formual top BE matte foundation in that it covers better and is more that half the price. EM also has a very wide range of shades to choose from which will make most customers very happy. The little sample jars a meant to last 5-7 days I think but I've been using my jar for about 3 wks and it's maybe half way gone. I haven't ordered the full size yet because I'm try to find the right color. My only complaint is that the sample jars are soooooo tiny, I have a hard time maneuvering my brush around. I actually got one of my smaller tupperware lids that didn't have a bowl and I tap the product into it a little at a time so I can get it on my brush better. Also what's great is that I'm oily skinned and while this doesn't completely mattify my skin it helps better than anything I've tried. Works super fantastic on my under eye circles too!

Edit: As it turns out I've discovered that Mica (the main ingredient in this) if AWFUL for oily skin, it gives the strangest shine to the face when your skin get oily. It's so not attractive. Wished this could have worked for me since it's relatively cheap but I just cannot handle looking like I've been spray painted with a yellowish gold shimmer.

on 2/26/2010 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING!

Ladies, you HAVE to try this. It is the most natural and most beautiful makeup around.

Did you know that up to 60% of what you put on your skin is absorbed into your bloodstream? Switch to natural, you don't want all those nasty chemicals on you and inside of you! Those chemicals just end up harming your skin and you have to wear even more makeup to cover it up. EDM is so light and natural you can't help but feel good about wearing it.

It provides just the right amount of coverage, it evens out skin tone without making you look like you're wearing a mask. It's very reasonably priced, you can get samples of anything for $2.50 before you buy the full sized item and you get $5 free of samples with every order. You owe it to yourself to try this!

on 12/18/2009 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Good coverage, great range of colorshowever not only did it look pale in photos and make me break out, I sweat with some of this on and it got weird and cakey and looked terrible! I don't know if it's an issue with my skin (oily) but either way I was disappointed.

on 10/14/2009 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i think everyday mineral is a better mineral foundation as compared to the famous bare mineral. i never tried other finishes, i have been using the intensive foundation and i am loving it. it does give me a little shine on my nose and forehead after a few hours (i have a combination skin), but i have been using a face primer and i am loving my EM foundation all over again! the foundation is very afforable too.

on 10/7/2009 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I like this formula for Everyday Minerals foundation. It's quite intense but that just means you dont need a concealer to cover up problems like I do. I have a lot of redness and acne scars. With this foundation, it covers almost all my blemishes and much more! The only problem I have with this foundation is that the shade may seem a little darker than the shade you really are in other formulas. Other than that, it's good if you like or need the full coverage without adding other concealers.