Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 4/4/2011 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using EDM for a few years and I LOVE IT!!! I have acne prone skin so coverage is important to me but my skin also needs to breath. This product delivers on both counts. Even if I do have a spot EDM does not further irritate it like liquid foundations can. The intensive formula is highly pigmented, matte finish giving you full coverage but your skin still feels light. Sometimes I forget I'm wearing make up at all! It is important to moisturize well as it is with all mineral make up because you will not be happy with the results if your skin is dry and flaky. The intensive formula is recommended for photos as it does not have the "sparkle" in it that some of their other formulas have. The full size pots are very generous and lasts a long time so don't be put off that you have to pay shipping, you will still come up on top with this product! EDM has such a wide range of colors it's very difficult not to find a perfect match. The product goes on quickly and easily. It's very easy to blend all the way down into your neck and chest area to give you an even appearance. Overall I cannot fault this product.

on 8/15/2010 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this product. This product became an alternative for me when I found out that I had a horrible allergic reaction to the Bare Minerals foundation that contains Bismuth Oxychloride. I've used EDM for a few years now and I am very pleased. It gives me great coverage, it's light, and it works very well with my super oily skin. It doesn't break me out or make me itch either which was a terrible problem that I had with the Bare Minerals regular foundation. I was a little worried when EDM started using Lauroyl Lysine in their products but I have to say that even that didn't break me out and I get the same beautiful coverage that I always have with EDM intensive foundation. I like the new packaging as well..the half sifter with twist top so I can control how much or how little I want of the product at any given time. I also like the price. Though now that Bare Escentuals makes a matte foundation without the bismuth and it doesn't react to my skin and I do use it, I still keep my EDM around and just rotate the two. They both give great coverage..but come on.. you can't beat 12 bucks compared to 28. LOL! So EDM definitely beats out the Bare Minerals Matte as far as price is concerned hands down.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have sensitive, reactive skin. I have used this foundation for the past few years. I have had no problems with it. It gives good coverage. I picked it because of the ewg rating on it being safe. I have been happy with it.

on 1/9/2010 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used this foundation for 8 or 9 months. I have combo/oily, acne prone skin. The coverage was beautiful when first applied and covered acne scarring well, but it did not last more than 4 or 5 hours. After 9 or 10 hours (i.e., by the time I got home from work), this foundation would separate, pool and cake in spots. Blotting helped, but would remove the product, and reapplication would cake entirely too much. Other formulas did not provide the coverage I needed, that's why I used Intensive. I was loyal to EDM and stuck with their base for longer than I should have. I finally stopped using it two weeks ago for many reasons, chief among them was that I suspected it was contributing to my acne. Low and behold, after two weeks with no EDM foundation touching my skin, my major breakouts have stopped. I had been dealing with both large papules & pustules as well as small hard bumps / cysts on my jawline and under my chin (I would blend the base into my neck as well). These have amazingly and happily ceased since I stopped using this foundation. FYI I started purchasing from EDM in March, 2009 and every base I bought & used had a white lid. I can no longer purchase, support or recommend Everyday Minerals products based on my experience with the product not to mention their poor customer service practices (they have discontinued products & services after saying they wouldn't, and there is legitimate concern among many former EDM users that they change their formulations without adequate notice).

on 9/27/2009 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

If you have cool undertones and the lightest shade at the drugstore may be too dark for you, try EDM Fair. I use the intensive formula to hide the effects of cystic acne.

Everyday Minerals Intensive foundation in "Fair" is almost my HG - and it perfectly compliments my HG EDM "Walkee Talkee" blush!

If only EDM offered a liquid version, since I fear inhaling all that powder!

Also, methinks the EDM powders might be overly reflective in photos, since, even when I wear the next deeper shade (which doesn't look good with Walkee Talkee), I always look ghostly in photos. So, I started wearing Cargo Blu Ray when I know photos might be taken in order to warm up my complexion. But EDM Fair is the best match for my skin hue in real life.

Plus, EDM makes it so easy to try and find the right shades and textures for you.

on 7/6/2009 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This brand is my favorite that I've tried to date. I've used BE,and Sheer Cover. BE made my face itch, and I could not find my exact skin match with Sheer Cover. The price is also way better then the other two I've tried. I'm sticking to this brand for now.

on 5/1/2009 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i really like this foundation. my only complaint is that it shows EVERY enlarged pore on my face, so i have to use other products to combat that. this foundation is great for those days when you're in a hurry!!!

I've used EDM for about 2 years, tried all 4 formulas and 10+ shades, finished a full size foundation... so it's time for a review.

pros:

1, does not break me out. In the past, i could not wear foundation in a row for more than 4 days. if i did, i'd break out badly, no matter the foundation is liquid, powder, or oil free. But EDM has not broken me out, even when i wear it 7 days a week, more than 10 hours a day. This is the primary reason for me being hooked by EDM for 2 years.

2, nice coverage, especially the intensive formula. Compare to Alimay( which I also like btw) , EDM intensive has better coverage. I also like the fact that the coverage is very adjustable.

3, natural finish when applied properly. most of the time, others cannot tell i'm wearing foundation. how cool is that.

4, easy to blend, which makes applying blushes and contouring truly simple.

5, affordable.

cons:

1. not lasting, especially for oily( or very oily) skin. After 3 or 4 hours, the powder will float on top of my facial oil, or even turn into some horrible paste. need to be very careful and blot many times a day. This is happens not only to intensive formula but to matte formula as well. Sometimes I'd mix the intensive EDM with the blot powder by MAC. it helps, but not that much.

2, color turns darker in the middle of the day.

3, hard to touch up. After blotting 2 or 3 times, I'll barely have any coverage in my t-zone, so need to reapply a bit powder. but somehow, the result of reapplying is very cakey and uneven. I do not have this problem with other products, so i think it's because of EDM.

4, the finish is natural, as i said, but somehow not that smooth or dewy.

5, not travel friendly. For full size product, putting a sponge inside the jar will help preventing powder coming out during traveling. But even with tricks like this, mineral makeups are still messy and inconvenient on the road.

Overall: for $12, it's great. although i've recently found my new HG, i'll keep an EDM intensive in my drawer, just in case. ;-D

on 7/18/2008 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Thank You Ladies! If it wasnt for you I woulnt have found this great company!I love this foundation.I am using beige sunkissed fair.This gives great coverage and feels good to.It doesnt have that horrid bismuth in it and gives a great finish.I have awful skin.Ive tried everything and this makes me feel comfortable leaving the house.The price is great and the free sample kit is awsome!It is worth a try! I have been at war with acne for 20 years now.I have spent thousands trying to cure it and cover it.At 35 im still at war with acne,acne scars ,and now wrinkles!There is no way I will ever have nice skin but this has helped me so much in feeling like I am pretty and that people arnt staring at the acne.And to me that is priceless!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this mineral foundation for over a year now and am very pleased with it. It looks far more natural than any liquid foundation I've ever used and the shade selection is extensive. I have an oily t zone and this doesn't control it alone so I definitely have to use finishing powder and blotting sheets to stay matte, especially in the summer months.
Now for the downside, I'm acne prone and my skin seriously purged for the first several months I used this foundation. I hung in there and continued with it simply because I hadn't found a better alternative. After a few months, the breakouts stopped and now my skin looks the best it's looked in years. I rarely get a breakout, and when I do it's minor. The only explanation I could come up with is that I had been using pore clogging liquid foundation for years and once I stopped my pores started ejecting all the built up junk. I'm very glad I hung in there with this foundation. I'm now a devoted user.