Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I liked this foundation ok. It's kind of heavy and loose cosmetics are messy. I liked the matte version more. However, it made me itch a lot. Won't use it again because of that.

I don't use Mineral foundation anymore but, this is a great one. I think this is better then Bare Minerals by far. It has great converage and it's stay power is better. If anyone asked me to recommend a mineral fondation this would be it. Is is smooth and makes your skin look flawless but real. You can't tell you have foundation on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

For reference, I'm NC 15 with golden undertones and my perfect match is Golden Fair. I tried the matte formula years ago and hated it because it exacerbated my oily skin and made my face itch. So a couple years ago, I bought the Golden Fair pressed compact and it was the first MMU that I actually used right down to the pan while I was on Accutane. I didn't think it bothered my skin at the time, even though I was still breaking out on Accutane, but when I stopped the Accutane after my 6 month course and changed to Larenim pressed base, my skin suddenly completely cleared up, so I'm thinking that my skin didn't like the pressed version, even though it didn't have anything harmful in it. When my oily skin came back, i tried the pressed compact again and had to return it because it transferred like crazy and broke me out again.

So, long story short, desperation made me turn back to trying EDM again since the Golden Fair shade matched my skin tone so perfectly and I really liked the coverage of the pressed compact. I'm on my second course of Accutane now, so I'm not worrying about controlling my oil at the moment because I'm bone dry, he he.

I'll update if this breaks me out, but I just wanted to review saying that the coverage is pretty good, but it's not "heavy" or "maximum coverage". For me with my current acne and post acne scarring, I need several coats to get the coverage I want, but I am impressed that it still looks incredibly natural with 3 or 4 coats (after using a concealer brush on trouble areas). The color is really my perfect match and the finish is satin---not matte like the web site states. I imagine that with oily skin, this foundation would melt right off, so beware of that.

Also, right after I placed my order for EDM, I got samples of Lauress Cosmetics and fell in love, so right now I'm using the EDM until my full sized order of Lauress comes in. If you're looking for some seriously heavy duty, but natural looking coverage, then look no further than Lauress' Ethereal foundation. It's simply amazing and for the 3 days that I wore it all over my face (sample sizes aren't that big), my skin actually started calming down and clearing up a bit. Gentle Ivory is my match, but EDM's Golden Fair matches slightly better because it has a stronger gold undertone. So, if anything, now that I have EDM's foundation in the full size and if I find that it doesn't break me out, I can put a light layer over the Lauress foundation to add more gold, but I probably won't bother because the Ivory is really close enough. I'll keep EDM as a back up for now since the color is spot on.

I'll update with any conclusive results.

****UPDATE**** After a week of using this product all over my face, along with the rest of my Lauress Ethereal Foundation applied as a concealer to trouble areas, my skin has cleared up tremendously! All the negative reviews of this product since the formula changed kind of scared me off to fully accepting this product, but I'm so happy that I tried it again, anyway. For me, my skin was completely flipping out prior to me using this product and now after only one week of regular use, I only have 1 pimple and all the tiny white bumps that were over every milimeter of my face have completely smoothed out and disappeared. I'm amazed and am so incredibly happy. I just got my Lauress order in the mail with my full sized foundation, so I'll probably use it as a concealer and the EDM foundation all over the rest of my face, since I know it doesn't irritate my skin, but actually seems to be improving it. I never thought I'd be able to say that! I always thought the "anti-inflammatory" claims of MMU companies were exaggerated.

This foundation is definitely worth a try!

on 7/13/2011 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought a too dark/olive shade for my winter nc35 skin but i just mix half with half of the matte EM base I have and it gives a great coverage for a powder! seriously, i didn't think a powder could cover quite so much of my pimples, acne scars and skin pigmentation. I moisturised really well with a moisturising primer, then & applied with the EM flat top kabuki. I really enjoy buffing this into my skin. It creates a flawless base. I then the EM concealer brush to pat on some of the EM intensive concealer (this doesn't cover that well, but then again its just another layer of powder over trouble spots. I finish with the EM finshing veil. I highly rec that product to give the face a natural soft focus finish. Spritz with a littel bit of aveene thermal spring water to set mu & i;m done. Seriously this covers & evens my complexion as well as liquid foundation. It also wears better so that at the end of the day my makeup still looks a heap better than liquid foundation. Highly rec Everday minerals, particualry the intensive base for oily/acne prone skin for some serious duty coverage.

I ordered the try me samples for fair skin tone, and this was by far my favorite. I have acne scars and some pimples and this makes them invisible! Ive tried so many things and this is the one!!! perfect coverage! I do need to reapply though because of my oily skin. but it absorbs oil and my skin feels clean. I am going to buy this again

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. If you tend to have acne prone and combination to oily skin then this product it perfect!!
This product feels so light on the skin that I literally feel like I'm not wearing anything. It makes my skin look and feel so soft and smooth. The coverage it pretty good. I use their concealer with this and it covers my acne pretty well. I use their flat top kabuki brush (which is also another great product!) which gives a more fuller coverage rather than a round top kabuki.
The product is a matte formula but its not so matte to the point where it looks dull. On those days where I put on a little bit more, I just use their lucent face to give me a glow.
The price is pretty good. If you think about it, it goes for about the same price as Loreal Bare Minerale foundation which is a drugstore product.
Overall this product is great!- good coverage, good price, didnt make me break out, light weight and long lasting!
I LOVE THIS STUFF!

on 4/4/2011 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using EDM for a few years and I LOVE IT!!! I have acne prone skin so coverage is important to me but my skin also needs to breath. This product delivers on both counts. Even if I do have a spot EDM does not further irritate it like liquid foundations can. The intensive formula is highly pigmented, matte finish giving you full coverage but your skin still feels light. Sometimes I forget I'm wearing make up at all! It is important to moisturize well as it is with all mineral make up because you will not be happy with the results if your skin is dry and flaky. The intensive formula is recommended for photos as it does not have the "sparkle" in it that some of their other formulas have. The full size pots are very generous and lasts a long time so don't be put off that you have to pay shipping, you will still come up on top with this product! EDM has such a wide range of colors it's very difficult not to find a perfect match. The product goes on quickly and easily. It's very easy to blend all the way down into your neck and chest area to give you an even appearance. Overall I cannot fault this product.

on 3/3/2011 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This review is for the intensive foundation I purchased 4 years ago. Some have said the formula has changed since then. I was addicted to EDM 4-5 years ago and I still have a decent-sized stash of foundation and dozens of blushes.

I love this foundation. I have severe hyperpigmentation all over my face, but I swear with this foundation you don't even see the acne marks in photographs. I look like I have normal, glowy skin. The coverage is great and it is really fast and easy to apply.

It does look cakey sometimes, especially when you first apply. As well, blotting throughout the day is necessary for me because I feel the makeup makes me a lot shinier than I otherwise would be. So yes, there are a couple of cons but for me it's worth dealing with to get the great coverage.

One thing I really love about mineral foundation is that you can really get creative with it and customize your own colours. I am slightly fairer in the winter time, so I add some lighter foundation I received as samples into my Light Neutral. I found that adding yellow-based foundation to pink-based foundation makes a neutral colour.

I am obsessed with cleanliness so I have a system. I keep my current blend of foundation in a medium-size container and pour some out into an empty full-size container each time I apply makeup. I try to use a clean full-size container every one or two uses. I find this works very well for me and eliminates the possibility that bacteria in my makeup is breaking me out.

Although this stuff is worth buying again, I have heard great things about Alima so when I need more foundation, that is where I will turn.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i like the intensive formula out of all the other bases. It has the best coverage and the other bases had a little shimmer in it which i don't like. the intensive doesn't. it has good coverage and it is buildable but the only thing i don't like about this is that it makes my skin look kind of cakey and i have to put moisturizer everytime before i wear this. but so far, this is the best foundation i have tried. i've been using clinique perfectly real compact the last couple years but i think this wins it over. the EM foundation matches with my skin tone more.

on 11/18/2010 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I switched to liquid make up for a bit and when I started using my EM again I realized how much superior it really was. I've run out of my intensive formula of linen that i use as a base to blend with other formulas and colors, and since using the matte/semi matte/glo formulas I have to say that this one is by far the best. It has better coverage than most of my concealers and i think it covers better than full coverage foundation because you can pick a shade that is not orangey and adjust it as you tone changes. I recommend buying the intensive in a lighter base color that's very neutral and mixing it with samples you may get of different tones and shades so you can adjust it as needed. Lasts a long time this way! The only con is that it is so messy.