Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product isn't what I need any more, my skin has improved dramatically since I've started using Everyday Minerals (hard to say if it was because of changes in diet, other skin care regimens, the makeup or the combination). Basically, now that I don't have red blemishes to cover any more or "bad skin days" this just makes my skin look too cakey and chalky, it was excellent for when I needed it - the slightly chalkiness beat looking completely horrible and broken out.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm sorry to say but I'm joining the "disappointed club". I was using EM for 2 years, loved it, was my favorite brand. I got bases, shadows, blushes, brushes and lipsticks from them and was fairly happy with everything, specially foundation and brushes. And I got so many complements for my skin! All my friends wanted to know what foundation I'm using and buy the same. Yes, I had to use a primer to keep it from patching and to apply smoothly, but that was it. But then I started to get these breakouts on my neck line, deep, painful, and they would not go away for long. I stopped using EM and they disappeared, but I would not give up on EM so easily! So sometime later I tried again, I started using EM, and breakouts came back almost immediately. And I repeated my experiment again.. There is now no doubt in my mind that they were caused by EM. And I don't know what happened, did they change the formula, or my skin just got "tired" of it.. But I don't think that is because lauroyl lysine, that ingredient is in many products (toners, eye shadows, powders) and I never got any reactions to that.

So - 5 stars if you don't get those break outs, and using a primer. But for me, it is useless now, and it's a pity.

on 3/11/2011 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Used to looove it! But now I break out as never before!! And the customer service is shit. Think it is because they've become more "famous".. Not buying this again, unfortenatly

I used to be Everyday Mineral's #1 fan! But their products and customer service is just a mess! The intensive base used to be creamy and sink in like a second skin, but now it is chalky, caky and just sits on top! The company has changed its philosophy and the quality of their product. It never used to break me out and now my cheeks are a mess with under the skin cysts that take months to subside. I am so upset! I bought 12 containers last time I ordered since I thought it was my HG. UGH UGH UGH. Save your skin the inflammation and scarring! Worst of all, when I contacted EDM they were sarcastic and downright rude. A few times they didn't answer and others they openly didn't care about my frustration.

I've started looking into Cat Cosmetics. Only a few ingredients and I've heard rave reviews about the people behind the brand.

on 10/12/2010 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using EDM for 2 years or something like that - always get back to it! I have tried many different foundations/powder - Loreal, Maybelline, Kanebo, Clinique, Mac. I love how this just melts on my skin, and the color is perfect, I use olive medium ( NC42) Just ordered a new one + finishing dust and some couple of samples.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have this in the winged butter shade which is nice for my Asian skintone. The application for this mineral foundation was tricky for me, I had to make sure my skin was well moisturized. When I first applied it looked like nothing was on my skin, but it takes a moment for it to sink in or start looking natural. Instead of caking on a lot of layers I used the Intensive concealer. This photographed beautifully in bright sunlight, it looked flawless. A few negatives are that it's chalky , and can feel slightly itchy on the skin. Long lasting, matte and if applied correctly beautiful coverage.

EDM offers a lot of choices in terms of shades so you can easily find not only one but probably 3 or 4 shades that can match or compliment your skin tone. The colour selection is phenomenal and outstanding compared to many other cosmetic brands and the company also offers trial samples so that you can try out the product before committing to the full size and it really helps especially for mineral makeup newbie like me. However, I found the foundation (or what they call base) too drying for me after trying different finishes. I have combination skin (but my skin never flakes so it is not dry for sure) and have tried everything to ease the dryness because I sooo wanted to like the foundation - i have tried layering on smashbox makeup base, lanolin or tons of moisturizer prior to application, but after a few days, my cheeks literally hurt and red spots and microcapillary appeared so i had to stop using the foundation. That's too bad because the colour is so perfect and I like the look and the coverage. I will save this one for my troipical vacation.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

best mmu ever! i've been using this brand for over a year. I could only say good things about them and this makeup. great coverage. better then bare minerals or any other mmu and i've tried soo many! it does not look cakey at all. the costumer service is just lovely also. i would buy again and again and i recommend this to everyone who wants a good makeup!

on 12/20/2009 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I got this in the sample kit they used to have.To me,it's very much the same as the matte formula,and didn't do much for me.I just ran out of it this month though,and I've had it since June,so it lasts really long for a sample.The lid literally cracks off after some time,which is odd.I'll stick to liquid foundation for the winter.Maybe I'll switch back to powder in the summer.

The intensive formula can be a bit dryiing for my already dry face especially in the winter time and sometimes could look cakey if I dont moisturize well before applying it. However, I do like the coverage it gives. I tend to use this formula during the summer time because:
1. provides more coverage
2. I get more oily during the summer
3. lasts longer than oglo
4. shades run darker so I could get the same color as I normally do but wear it during the summer when my skin is a bit more tan

Overall, a good product as long as you know how to make it work and when to wear it :) I would repurchase