Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is great for me! I have dry/normal skin, and this does not dry my skin (I MUST remember to moisturize first!). This formula is supposed to be good for all skin types. It is also matte which I prefer, and also therefore I do not use original glo (too shiny).
With a little foundation at a time, you can build up the coverage you want. I just like to "even out" my skin, not hide it - look like I have been "photoshopped" in real life :D

(I have tried the new foundation with Lauroyl Lysine in it. And I cannot see or feel any difference)

(I like this much better than Tikei's mineral foundation which itches and my skin looks more wrinklier than it really is.)

I have tried all of the EM formulas, and this is my favorite by far. I am 40 and have have dry/combo skin and rosacea, so I need at least medium coverage. The Intensive formula gives me the coverage I need with just a few shakes. I use the flat-top brush to apply, and it's perfect. The EM website has good application tips. I always lightly rub in the foundation with clean slightly-damp fingers afterwards as well, for the most natural look, then apply a finely-milled powder to set. Of the EM powders I like the kaolin the best - it controls oil and doesn't seem to dry out my cheeks (of course I apply very sparingly to dry areas).

I found the Matte formula too powdery, the Semi-matte cakey when I applied enough to get coverage, and the Original Glo too thin (more like a tinted moisturizer in terms of coverage). I was worried the Intensive would look fake, but it actually looks more natural than any of the others did because I need less. Plus I can use a concealer brush to apply this to any blemishes or areas that need more coverage, and it works as well as the concealer! This formula even mixes well with moisturizer (I use Clinique DDML) as an undereye concealer.

I find the finish of this formula also to be the most natural, as it has enough sheen to look like natural skin without being in any way dewy or shiny.

Because this formula is more intense, the color is slightly darker than in the other formulas. I can use the Beige Fairly Light in O-Glo but need the Sandy Fair in this (me: fair Mac NC/NW15).

on 11/11/2008 9:21:00 PM

Great coverage - I use mine as a concealer. The intensive formula has more color choices, which makes it easier to blend. I am using the Golden Fair right now, but might go to sunlight as winter progresses.

on 1/7/2008 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This formula broke me out. Semi-matte is working out better so far.

on 10/28/2007 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

If I put little it doesn't cover well enough. If I put more it's way too obvious and still doesn't give me the coverage I want. In addition I also feel like wearing mud on my face (has another reviewer said the same thing about mud? not sure). I have very oily face and often breakouts. I just haven't found a powder foundation that would give me what I need: control oil (not the highest priority), even out my patchy skintone, cover blemishes and look as natural as possible. I also use Chanel Double Perfection powder occasionally and have similar gripes about it. I think it also it (Chanel) gives me breakouts, though I can't say for sure, 'cause I have hormonal acne anyway.
EDIT I gave it 3 lippies now. I put it on shortly after moisturizing my face and it feels a bit better. On a whim I tried the concealer that I got in the sample package ('intensive light'). I'd thought it'd be too light and too yellow. Well it's the perfect color for me. It does look natural and evens out the red undertones and suits my yellow toned skin. If I use a good concealer underneath that won't budge I can use it for those day when I'm totally in a rush (like this morning) and don't mind not having a 'perfect' face (which I'm finding more and more impossible even with full coverage liquid mu). I think I'm going to order this for those days when I don't have half an hour to put on liquid with a sponge. I also had a total oil breakthrough on my nose after a few hours.
UPDATE: This is the only foundation I'm willing to put on my face now. I'm still giving it a rating of 3, because I wish it'd cover better, but I think with the right brushes that I'm wating for it'll do that too. I like that it's natural and has only a few ingredients. It's more and more important for me these days. I started using Differin a couple of months ago and my face is clearing up,so I don't need as much coverage as I used to. I totally gave up liquid foundation. I like that I've found the right shade (Fawn) which is a pale, yellow tone shade. I add a tiny bit of color with Light Neutral on my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. I also use a cream concealer under my eyes, otherwise I think it'd excentuate fine lines.
I can't imagine what I must've looked like for years when I wore the wrong color and texture of foundation (and living in a place where I didn't have the constructive criticism of my sisters).I really think it's the most natural looking makeup I've ever used.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love love love this stuff! I've used a few other mineral foundations (BE, PF, Illuminiare, Alima) and I always return to EM. The intensive formula works the best for me: excellent coverage, minimizes pores and controls my ever-oily t-zone without drying the rest of my face, great shade selection and never breaks me out. Can't beat the prices and uber-fast shipping either. I'm NC15-20 in MAC and wear the Golden Fair and Neutral (warm) shades. (Their yellow Sunlight concealer is awesome for dark circles, but that's another review.) My skin looks better than ever and I may never go back to 'regular' foundations again!

on 8/7/2006 3:00:00 PM

Another winner from EM. For me, this is the best all-around foundation. It is very silky and does not accentuate pores even though I put a ton on (had a mishap all over my counter and didn't want to waste any). Love the soft, natural finish this gives while evening out my skin tone. Great staying power too.