Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 3/9/2011 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I don't use the intensive formula as a foundation, to heavy for me (use the original glo). I got a sample of this and using it as a concealer instead. It's perfect for that. It covers everything.
So if you get a sample that fits your skin tone but don't want to wear all over your face - use as a concealer.

on 11/18/2010 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has been my HG foundation since late 2007. I discovered it via a recommendation from my peeps @ Acne.org and I have been a huge fan ever since. The coverage is buildable and superb and my skin loves the formula. I have had zero breakouts from this product. I love the new containers with the sifters - it helps to keep the product in place with less mess. Apply this with a flat top foundation brush and VIOLA! perfection!!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is great for me! I have dry/normal skin, and this does not dry my skin (I MUST remember to moisturize first!). This formula is supposed to be good for all skin types. It is also matte which I prefer, and also therefore I do not use original glo (too shiny).
With a little foundation at a time, you can build up the coverage you want. I just like to "even out" my skin, not hide it - look like I have been "photoshopped" in real life :D

(I have tried the new foundation with Lauroyl Lysine in it. And I cannot see or feel any difference)

(I like this much better than Tikei's mineral foundation which itches and my skin looks more wrinklier than it really is.)

on 11/22/2009 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm changing my review of this Product after using it for over a month. I'm giving a 3 because all the formulations make my face look shiny after a while. At first, I didnt mind it because I usually have dry skin. But after a while it makes me look like I have oily skin, which isnt ver attractive. The coverage is great and it goes on really well and doesnt break me out.

on 4/27/2009 8:58:00 PM

They offer free sample kits but they aren't quite free in that you must pay somewhat handsomely for shipping. To their credit the jars are attractive and full and you do get 5 in this "free" kit.

The foundation is less than average in coverage. A bit chalky and no lasting power at all. Leaving a bit to be desired in quality it is one of the lesser priced lines around.

I have tried all of the EM formulas, and this is my favorite by far. I am 40 and have have dry/combo skin and rosacea, so I need at least medium coverage. The Intensive formula gives me the coverage I need with just a few shakes. I use the flat-top brush to apply, and it's perfect. The EM website has good application tips. I always lightly rub in the foundation with clean slightly-damp fingers afterwards as well, for the most natural look, then apply a finely-milled powder to set. Of the EM powders I like the kaolin the best - it controls oil and doesn't seem to dry out my cheeks (of course I apply very sparingly to dry areas).

I found the Matte formula too powdery, the Semi-matte cakey when I applied enough to get coverage, and the Original Glo too thin (more like a tinted moisturizer in terms of coverage). I was worried the Intensive would look fake, but it actually looks more natural than any of the others did because I need less. Plus I can use a concealer brush to apply this to any blemishes or areas that need more coverage, and it works as well as the concealer! This formula even mixes well with moisturizer (I use Clinique DDML) as an undereye concealer.

I find the finish of this formula also to be the most natural, as it has enough sheen to look like natural skin without being in any way dewy or shiny.

Because this formula is more intense, the color is slightly darker than in the other formulas. I can use the Beige Fairly Light in O-Glo but need the Sandy Fair in this (me: fair Mac NC/NW15).

on 4/4/2009 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I cannot say enough wonderful things about EM foundations. I had been an avid Bm user for five years and thought I would never use another foundation again. However, the shade I used, light, didn't exactly match my golden Asian skin and left it a bit off of my natural skin color. Luckily EM has a tone that matches me perfectly, golden light. I love the coverage Intensive provides - I get a smooth, satin finish with minimal pores that lasts the entire day. The other types of coverage left me shiny after a few hours, but this coverage kept me shine free the entire day - no touch ups needed. And at a price the is awesome! I get a larger supply for less than half the price of BM.

on 3/15/2009 10:51:00 PM

This product looked kind of cakey on my face. After trying like 10 colors, I still have trouble finding the right fit. My shade is NC25...

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is LOVE! EM is the first mineral makeup I have used and because it is so freaking great, has been the ONLY mineral makeup I have used (well, except for MAC, of course!) You need a really great kabuki brush to get it to work for you the way it should though. I wouldn't recommend the brushes EM sells though. I would recommend you invest your money in MAC's 182 buffer brush. It's beyond awesome. I've been using this for the past 2 years. My skin has changed drastically. I still get breakouts, but not nearly as much. It also blends into my skin SO well! With liquid foundations, they are always darker. (I'm NC15 in MAC-- possibly lighter!) Everyday Minerals just blends into my face so flawlessy and the intensive formula is the BEST! I tried other formulas with the free sample kit I got, but Intensive was the best. It gave me good coverage and also gave off a nice dewy natural looking glow.

And the great thing about EM is that they always have specials going on, so you could get a certain percentage off your order. Just check the website. They also give free stuff if you reach a certain dollar amount in your order. Again, check the website. They also do not test on animals, which of course, is superb.

I cannot say enough great things about this line of makeup. I just use their foundations and concealers though. It has really helped save my face!

on 1/10/2009 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

I have dry and sensitive skin. Having said that, this formula really dried out my skin. It gave me dry patches here and there and made my eczema worse. However, it gives awesome coverage. I do recommend the intensive formula for those who needs heavy coverage and for oilier skin girls. I have luck with the Semi Matte formula so I recommend drier skin girls to get that instead. =)

I would probably repurchase in the future if I need heavier coverage or I'll probably mix with the original glo formula or even make my own tinted moisturizer by mixing it with a hydrating moisturizer because of the coverage it gives.