Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

on 11/15/2011 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I heard alot of good thing about this, but it dosent have good coverage at all... I use a kabuki brush with it but it dosent cover anything and it looks dry on my, like I dont have anything glow in my face.. I have tried the other formulas too.

My face is combination, with red cheeks and oily t-sone and some few spots. really ennoying because this is a alternative too the bare minerals one.

on 3/31/2008 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really like the intensive formula.......it gives a good covearage and does not look like a powder in your face.....

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Good stuff. Like the coverage, its my second favorite of the EM formulas followed by semi-matte, and its a bit odd becasue my skin is dry dry dry.

EDIT: Last week i finally got honest with myself about powder foundations. With my parched flakey red skin it just doesn't cut it. Oh how i wanted it to work, i love the idea of natural waterproof foundation, but it just doesn't look good. So i have sheer cover, bare minerals, urban decay and everyday minerals just sitting in my makeup case, i do use them to set my liquid foundation thought so its not a total loss. the color (fair neutral was a perfect porcelain too, not easy to find.

on 3/14/2007 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have the same comments for all the EM foundations. I wanted to love them. I tried to love them. I tried everything to make them work for me. They just didn't. I love the idea of mineral makeup so I was very enthusiastic, but these products weren't for me.
Pros: fragrance free, wide shade selection, samples available, they seem like a nice company, good prices.
Cons: I have very dry skin. This stuff accentuates every single dry bit or tiny line that I never knew I had and dries my skin out further during the course of the day. It has insufficient coverage and no lasting power. I can never understand why people rave about how long this lasts - it disappears in no time on me.

on 10/28/2006 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I am a BE user and loved it. I order the samples from Everyday Minerals after someone posted a link on a messageboard. I fully expected to think EM was just okay and continue using my BE. The everyday minerals is SOOOOO MUCH better! I got the intensive formula for more coverage and a mix of light warm and fairly light neutral is perfect for me. It is very finely milled, application is even easier than BE without too much sparkle like I sometimes get with BE.

My face feels as soft as a baby's bottom and I've had several people comment on how great my skin (combo sensitive with hyperpigmentation, redness and a couple acne scars). I ordered the full sizes and as soon as they arrive I'm giving the BE foundation to a friend.

The price on this is incredible too, much more reasonable than BE for a better quality product!

on 10/4/2006 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

So far I have only tried this product as samples but I'm about to purchase an "I can't believe it" kit. This is my favorite mineral makeup. I have tried 7 or 8 brands and this is by far the best. Alima is almost identical on my skin but the price on this is much better and the option to purchase it in a great kit makes it even better. I had minor problems with the other EM formulations but this Intensive formula is perfect! Great coverage, great color matches (I can actually go a bit lighter and a bit darker with this stuff and it still looks natural), and barely there feel on my face. Packaging is standard and functional but I'm a bit of a foofoo person so it could be dressed up a bit : ) Customer service is great and quick! I love that they are so generous with their samples! Great company and GREAT PRODUCT!!!

on 9/26/2006 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

WOW This is amazing.

My history:I am DSPW-i have tried most foundations with fair results-and one awful reaction to bare escentuals. Until last week i have been using Bobbi Brown alternating with Chanel Teint Natural-i have been ok results but need to touch up every 2-3 hours and my skin is slightly irritated all the time. But it worked for me. However i am always on the look out for a product that does not irritate my skin.
I decided to try Everyday Minerals because of the reviews here on makeupalley and because it offered a free sample pack(What other company offers this?)you just pay about $3 for S&H.
I got 3 foundation samples-the intensive in fairly light and the original glo in light and golden fair. The original glo i tried first and they did nothing for me-i looked chalky and i was very discouraged but when i tried the intensive-WOW. Following the instructions given on their web site i applied it with a kabuki brush-using only the smallest amount.
The sample kit comes with a selection for either finishing dust or a concealer. I choose the finishing dust and applied only the tiniest amount and i looked great.
IT has incredible staying power-i have not needed to touch up once in the four days i have been wearing this.. That is a small miracle in itself as i normally travel with a bag of makeup for touch ups. Today i took lipstick only with me.
Everyday i wear this my skin looks better and better and this obviously is my skin recovering from a sub clinical irritation from the other products i had been using. There is nothing in this that irritates my skin-it has no preservatives. It is finely milled and applies beautifully. The fairly light in warm is perfect for my pale skin-i have freckles and it does a decent job covering them, my skin tone is very even and lastly the staying power of this foundation is incredible. Shipping is very quick and also the company will let you purchase through paypal. I have ordered the foundation and the finishing dust and am really looking forward to trying their bronzer, eyeshadows, blush and lip colours.
Fabulous product
UPDATE:Still in love with this product. I found it works best if i apply a light coat of my BB foundation and then apply this over it-stops it from settling into your pores-gives a flawless finish. Love it!
UPDATE:Using it now for close to six months and LOVE it. I have to say that it is hands down the best-i am still using it with Bobbi Browns foundation-applying a light coat and when i need a bit of extra colour i use the Soft Bronzer.

Update: Using this for almost 10 months and LOVE IT.

Update:I have used this about 4 years now and have found that their newer colours have allowed me to use this exclusively. I particularly love soft butter peach which I use with the butter tan bronzer. I get very decent coverage and look better now that I did 10 years ago.
AWESOME PRODUCT