Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation  [DISCONTINUED]
Everyday Minerals - Intensive Formula Medium Beige

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

A lot of hype, but makes my skin worse. I have normal, non-oily, really good skin. This constantly breaks me out (and I never get zits). I'll quit it for awhile and then try it again and it still breaks me out...big horrible zits that scar for awhile and take a long time to go away. Yes, I'm doing the application right. If it wasn't for that, It is a great makeup with awesome coverage and great ingredients. I don't know why my skin will take thick, oily, chemical-laden liquid foundations without problems then break out when I try something natural: who knows! But I wasted a lot of money...buying this stuff. I'll pass it on to my sister or something.

I have tried all the EM formulas. My fav is semi matte.

The intensive was too matte for me, and looked chalky.
If you are looking for full coverage, this might be for you, but I favor a lighter and dewy look.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Very thick application for me. This does work well as a concealer rather than an all over foundation--Im light warm to medium beige shade in this. Will update if I think it makes me breakout. Would consider the intensive formula in place of the regular EM (face)concealer as it CAN look a little mask-like if dont really buff it in or apply too much at one time. Otherwise I prefer the regular matte formula for a more natural look.

on 11/13/2006 5:04:00 PM

Really like this stuff - I have to wear mineral makeup b/c of my sensitive skin - so this stuff is by far the best mineral makeup I've tried. I am NC35 and mixed a great color for me which is half medium beige warm, a quarter winged butter warm and a quarter light warm.

I love this foundation! Best of all, my skin seems to love it, too. I have combination skin, prone to hormomal breakouts (usually cystic). I have used this for a month and a half and have only had one tiny pimple! It does a good job of covering the redness on my cheeks, too. I found the perfect color match in a 50/50 mix of fair neutral and fairly light neutral. My 35 year old skin does have a few fine lines under the eyes, but as long as my moisturizer is completely dry before applying the MMU, it does not settle into those lines.
I do have a little breakthrough shine mid-day, but it looks more like a natural glow than an oiliness. I have never used a make-up that I didn't have to touch up, anyway, so that's no biggie. I have been using this with the finishing dust for a wonderful, natural look. I am eager to try it with the new balanced powder to see if that helps with the afternoon shine. Overall, definite repurchase!

on 8/18/2006 4:55:00 PM

This is by far my HG foundation! The coverage is wonderful, and it lasts all day. I recently tried it out in Texas at a flea market in 105 degree weather. Although I was sweating buckets, the foundation stayed put. All I had to do was blot the sweat off with a tissue, and I was as good as new- I could hardly believe it. Everyday Minerals has a customer for life in me.