Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using EDM for 2 years and I just placed an order about 2 months ago and haven't received my products, I've tried to contact them they just tell oh it must still be on it's way. I've asked for a refund have heard nothing back from them. It's a shame I loved the foundation but i wouldn't order off them again. As you don't get what you pay for, and they don't offer to refund or re-ship the order.

With spring and summer approaching, I recently decided to switch over from the Fair Semi-Matte formula I use in the winter months to EM's Sunkissed Fair in the Intensive formula. I generally have very oily skin in the warmer months and find that the Intensive formula works well to keep me shine free. I do sometimes find that it gets kind of "cakey" after wearing it all day (even in the winter). When this happens I generally try to blot my face the best I can and reapply, which I sometimes find doesn't give me as even coverage and then my brushes need to be cleaned sooner than my usual once-a-week.

Overall though, I will definitely be sticking to EM's makeup line for hopefully a long time to come. I find it extremely affordable and healthy for my skin type. I used to be a fan of Bare Minerals, but after developing cystic acne from using their original formula, I quickly decided to stop. Even though I just started using EM's in the spring of 2010, I have not since noticed that it made my acne worse. I have not gotten another cyst since using it and while my acne continues to be very mild, EM's Semi-Matte and Intensive formulas have never made it increase in severity and my skin overall is not irritated, itchy, or red during or after using.

In regards to Everyday Minerals customer service... well, I can't say a whole lot, because I've only had two concerned communications with them. One was a concern I had about receiving a Lippie that I felt the color was very inaccurate compared to what it looked like online and the other was about a 'Promo' not being included in my order. In both instances, the CS reps were very understanding and helpful though. They forwarded my concerns for the correct people to handle and even went as far as sending me replacement items free of shipping to correct the matter. Overall, all three of my orders have been filled and received within a speedy time and I've been happy. Thanks EM! :)

on 3/26/2010 10:42:00 AM

This formula gives a slightly chalky and flat finish compared to the others. It also gets shiny on me after a couple of hours. I find that the matte gives just as good coverage.

on 11/27/2009 8:09:00 PM

This is going to be a similar review to my review on the Semi-Matte formula. While the EM samples were really cheap, and I had no problem with the packing, the problem I do have with these foundations is that they just don't show up on my face. Although the coverage is noticably heavier than the Semi-Matte upon application, this makeup just disappears minutes after it's applied - it settles into my skin and ends up accentuating my flakies and oilies. I once applied this foundation (with Kaolin Powder Sunlight underneath and Daydream blush on the cheeks) and 30 minutes later my friends ask me if I was going to put any makeup on before we went out! My skin looked exactly the same as it did without makeup, and believe you me, I do not have great skin without makeup! The other thing that was kind of weird was that while Semi Matte in Golden Fair was my perfect match, Intensive in Golden Fair seemed a little pinker (and maybe slightly darker, as many users warned would happen with the Intense formula). Plus the color is really flat, and the finish is a bit dull (is it too much to ask that a makeup give both good coverage and a healthy-looking finish?) I used the EM flat top brush to apply. Wish I could find a chemical-free makeup that really worked!

on 6/20/2009 12:36:00 AM

Agree with the posters below who describe this as their HG foundation. I'm very very pale (Stila 10 watts or slightly lighter, EM in buff-fairly neutral) and not only does this base match my skintone, it helps control my super oily, shiny breakthrough. I still have to blot during the day 1X, but my face looks SO much better using this intensive formula than with any other brand of minerals I've tried. And I've tried a LOT LOL!! I've just ordered the matte formula too, so I'll have a couple of options and maybe something with a *bit* lighter coverage.

Plus, can I say, this company has awesome customer service! I was having weird issues with the login/register screen, getting error messages etc, and had become VERY frustrated trying to place an order. I fired off an email saying I was fed up and might have to look elsewhere for mineral makeup. Mind you, this email was sent at 11 pm on Friday. Lo and behold, 10 minutes later, I got two very nice emails from a sweet customer service person at EM. She let me know what was causing the errors, FIXED my login issue, and apologized a couple of times for the inconvenience. Impressive. I went from being a pi*sed off, almost-former customer to a customer for life! Love this company! :)

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Of the 4 formulas that I've used from EDM this is by far the best. It's called intensive but it really isn't heavy coverage at all. The finish is nice and it holds up well for several hours.

I really like the coverage and look of this product, but unfortunately it really dries out my skin (like super flakey and irriated) and causes those same cystic zits that a few reviewers have talked about. I am also one of those people who can't do some mineral makeups due to the bizmuth or whatever (causes a rash). So maybe my experience should be chalked up to an allergy.

i really like the website and the price is right...color matching is a little difficult (everything I chose was too light or too dark until I found a couple that worked).

I just can't seem to find a foundation that works with my skin type!

HG product. I use this exclusively now. I was very skeptical at first, but after ordering a sample kit and using it for a week, I was hooked. My skin quality has improved, this makeup doesn't clog my pores, and it feels like I'm not even wearing foundation. I will never go back to wearing heavy liquid foundation again. The coverage is great too. I use the whole system - foundation, concealer, green color corrector, and setting powder. The trick to excellent coverage is to pre-conceal with the skin-colored concealer. THEN, put one layer of foundation on, spot conceal with the green color corrector, re-conceal with the skin colored concealer, one last light layer of foundation, and a light dusting of setting powder. I usually don't even need a touch up during the day. It looks completely natural, not mask-y. I get comments about how I have such great skin (I really don't have good skin). Plus, its WAY less expensive than Bare Escentuals and doesn't contain any weird ingredients. I've been using this for about a year now, every day, and I won't use anything else! The break down: affordable, cruelty free, natural, and dependable.

A lot of hype, but makes my skin worse. I have normal, non-oily, really good skin. This constantly breaks me out (and I never get zits). I'll quit it for awhile and then try it again and it still breaks me out...big horrible zits that scar for awhile and take a long time to go away. Yes, I'm doing the application right. If it wasn't for that, It is a great makeup with awesome coverage and great ingredients. I don't know why my skin will take thick, oily, chemical-laden liquid foundations without problems then break out when I try something natural: who knows! But I wasted a lot of money...buying this stuff. I'll pass it on to my sister or something.

I'm a fan of EDM but the intensive formula looks different on me. The coverage is the same as my HG- semi-matte and matte - but thsi formula seems to make my pores look bigger and my skin more oilier especially on my t-zone.
Also, I use a mix of golden fair and light medium but the intensive golden fair is waaay darker than the semi/matte, making my skin look more golden and olive.