Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Everyday Minerals - Intensive Formula Medium Beige

3.7

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

With spring and summer approaching, I recently decided to switch over from the Fair Semi-Matte formula I use in the winter months to EM's Sunkissed Fair in the Intensive formula. I generally have very oily skin in the warmer months and find that the Intensive formula works well to keep me shine free. I do sometimes find that it gets kind of "cakey" after wearing it all day (even in the winter). When this happens I generally try to blot my face the best I can and reapply, which I sometimes find doesn't give me as even coverage and then my brushes need to be cleaned sooner than my usual once-a-week.

Overall though, I will definitely be sticking to EM's makeup line for hopefully a long time to come. I find it extremely affordable and healthy for my skin type. I used to be a fan of Bare Minerals, but after developing cystic acne from using their original formula, I quickly decided to stop. Even though I just started using EM's in the spring of 2010, I have not since noticed that it made my acne worse. I have not gotten another cyst since using it and while my acne continues to be very mild, EM's Semi-Matte and Intensive formulas have never made it increase in severity and my skin overall is not irritated, itchy, or red during or after using.

In regards to Everyday Minerals customer service... well, I can't say a whole lot, because I've only had two concerned communications with them. One was a concern I had about receiving a Lippie that I felt the color was very inaccurate compared to what it looked like online and the other was about a 'Promo' not being included in my order. In both instances, the CS reps were very understanding and helpful though. They forwarded my concerns for the correct people to handle and even went as far as sending me replacement items free of shipping to correct the matter. Overall, all three of my orders have been filled and received within a speedy time and I've been happy. Thanks EM! :)

I used to be Everyday Mineral's #1 fan! But their products and customer service is just a mess! The intensive base used to be creamy and sink in like a second skin, but now it is chalky, caky and just sits on top! The company has changed its philosophy and the quality of their product. It never used to break me out and now my cheeks are a mess with under the skin cysts that take months to subside. I am so upset! I bought 12 containers last time I ordered since I thought it was my HG. UGH UGH UGH. Save your skin the inflammation and scarring! Worst of all, when I contacted EDM they were sarcastic and downright rude. A few times they didn't answer and others they openly didn't care about my frustration.

I've started looking into Cat Cosmetics. Only a few ingredients and I've heard rave reviews about the people behind the brand.

on 3/26/2010 10:42:00 AM

This formula gives a slightly chalky and flat finish compared to the others. It also gets shiny on me after a couple of hours. I find that the matte gives just as good coverage.

on 11/27/2009 8:09:00 PM

This is going to be a similar review to my review on the Semi-Matte formula. While the EM samples were really cheap, and I had no problem with the packing, the problem I do have with these foundations is that they just don't show up on my face. Although the coverage is noticably heavier than the Semi-Matte upon application, this makeup just disappears minutes after it's applied - it settles into my skin and ends up accentuating my flakies and oilies. I once applied this foundation (with Kaolin Powder Sunlight underneath and Daydream blush on the cheeks) and 30 minutes later my friends ask me if I was going to put any makeup on before we went out! My skin looked exactly the same as it did without makeup, and believe you me, I do not have great skin without makeup! The other thing that was kind of weird was that while Semi Matte in Golden Fair was my perfect match, Intensive in Golden Fair seemed a little pinker (and maybe slightly darker, as many users warned would happen with the Intense formula). Plus the color is really flat, and the finish is a bit dull (is it too much to ask that a makeup give both good coverage and a healthy-looking finish?) I used the EM flat top brush to apply. Wish I could find a chemical-free makeup that really worked!

on 7/6/2009 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This brand is my favorite that I've tried to date. I've used BE,and Sheer Cover. BE made my face itch, and I could not find my exact skin match with Sheer Cover. The price is also way better then the other two I've tried. I'm sticking to this brand for now.

on 6/20/2009 12:36:00 AM

Agree with the posters below who describe this as their HG foundation. I'm very very pale (Stila 10 watts or slightly lighter, EM in buff-fairly neutral) and not only does this base match my skintone, it helps control my super oily, shiny breakthrough. I still have to blot during the day 1X, but my face looks SO much better using this intensive formula than with any other brand of minerals I've tried. And I've tried a LOT LOL!! I've just ordered the matte formula too, so I'll have a couple of options and maybe something with a *bit* lighter coverage.

Plus, can I say, this company has awesome customer service! I was having weird issues with the login/register screen, getting error messages etc, and had become VERY frustrated trying to place an order. I fired off an email saying I was fed up and might have to look elsewhere for mineral makeup. Mind you, this email was sent at 11 pm on Friday. Lo and behold, 10 minutes later, I got two very nice emails from a sweet customer service person at EM. She let me know what was causing the errors, FIXED my login issue, and apologized a couple of times for the inconvenience. Impressive. I went from being a pi*sed off, almost-former customer to a customer for life! Love this company! :)

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

NC25/C3, EDM Winged butter/Butter Tan

First of i love EDM. Thats saying a lot, because I usually hate MU in loose form. I have extremely oily skin and is acne-prone, so when I purchase EDM, I usually get 2 matte and 1 intensive, for intensive take more effort to buff in than matte. Im MAC NC25/C3 asian skintone, my neck is on yellowish side, but my face is reddish, so I love MU that are yellow based. My primary color is Winged Butter-which is really yellow based. I also get Buttered Tan, which is i'll say about MAC NC30~35ish, and Golden-Light (about NC20~25ish) and mix them with Winged Butter adjusting to my color= HG perfect color.
I was first introduced to EDM last October, and already bought 2 Super Kit, which you can custom make your own kit 12 for $50, AWESOME deal :) EDM recently did renovation on their packaging, and they went all white from brown and green, which I love :)

on 4/12/2009 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got a free sample kit with 3 shade of foundation all in Intensive. I was quite disappointed with it tho. I thought it would cover up my acne scars but it didnt, it just made my face look abit chorky,and made the scars more noticable! After about a few hours it did look abit better, so i started applying it a few hours before going out. And i used it like that for about a month. Then suddenly......BANG!! I broke out! On my chin, both cheeks, forehead, the top of my nose and sides of my face, even on my neck!

Iv stoped using it and and my skin is clearing up! I was gonna try a diffirent formula to see if another one would work for my skin, but its not worth it IMO, and if Intensive wasnt covering, getting a lower coverage formula would be pointless. I sooo wanted to like it, but i dont... Im gonna try i another MMU company.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I'm editing my earlier review because it was basically one long rant about how this stuff didnt work for me. Well it still doesnt work for me, but i've finally realized that mineral make-up in general doesnt---not unless i pile it on or wear it over regular make-up; this one was no exception.
It's very opaque and has a tendency to cake, but i didnt find it particularly drying (i've got combo skin), ironically, it only feels drying when i apply it wet. But the thing that really sucks about this stuff is the lack of coverage it gives----basically it's like any other mineral powder only it's matte and chalky... Dont believe the hype and maybe you'l be impressed.
Giving this 3 tubes because it matches my skin nicely, and as a concealer it doesnt suck too bad, sometimes i even use a coat of it as "setting" powder (I ended up buy it for those reasons).

on 8/4/2008 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I stumbled upon this line after trying BE (too cakey and shiny for me), L'Oreal Bare Naturale (a good product with great coverage, but just a hair too dark, even in the lightest shade), and a couple of other mineral products. I'm so glad I found it! I use the very lightest cool shade, and it is a perfect match for me. At first, I used the Matte formula, and I liked it very well -- but, once the heat and humidity of summer kicked in, I thought it was time to get out the heavy artillery, and I sampled the Intensive formula. It's perfect! It wears really well, even through the worst of the hot weather, and it doesn't get cakey or streaky (unless I'm doing a huge amount of sweating, and really, what makeup can withstand that?). I like the wide, flat container, too -- having that much lid space makes it much easier to work with, and I sometimes use the lid to blend a bit of the Matte in with the Intensive. I found that applying this with a brush was sort of hit-or-miss -- sometimes it applied unevenly, or at least it looked like that, with a few spots on my face that didn't get the coverage they needed. But I remedied that by applying it with a flocked sponge -- I just pick up a bit of the minerals on the sponge and pat it on my face, then I use the sponge to blend it in. That way, if I have to go over any spots because I need a bit more coverage (around my nose, or under my eyes), it's simple to do. I can also adjust the coverage, just by using a heavier or lighter hand with the sponge.

So, across the board, a positive experience with this product and this brand. The sample kits are easy and priced right, there are always great deals (usually full-sized items), and they have plenty of options. I'm sticking with this foundation!